Famous argentinian promoter admits GNR reunion

99% its not going to happen, 1% anything can happen.

But well this guy seems like a big shot, by his history, it seems he is a big level promoter. I don't know if he is speaking the reality or just wants publicity. But then I think that why a big shot like him would say such things for publicity?

But well this guy seems like a big shot, by his history, it seems he is a big level promoter. I don't know if he is speaking the reality or just wants publicity. But then I think that why a big shot like him would say such things for publicity?

Maybe he thinks that with his power to create a buzz that somehow he cAN make it happen. Just a theory. Big shots tend to have big egos.

True, he's putting his reputation on the line. I can't imagine why he'd do that over nothing.

Maybe he thinks that with his power to create a buzz that somehow he cAN make it happen. Just a theory. Big shots tend to have big egos.

This is not a big ego guy. He's very low profile, the opposite to Medina. That's why this is some news to me.. maybe the theory about the email to promoters is true.

So supposing things are afoot for sometime next year, what's the last point we are likely to hear something from the band themselves ? By 'the band' I mean Axl really because I don't think anyone would make a definitive statement until he says do it.

If plans are being set in motion and it was up to Slash, Duff etc.. I think we would have heard something by now (unless the divorce thing were true). Watching the 1992 press conference on the other thread I noticed how much Axl mentioned privacy, whilst he does get snapped on tour, when not on tour he manages to be fairly invisible. I'm guessing the minute it was officially announced he's going to see an upsurge in people following him around, asking for interviews etc... so how long could he leave it, in theory, before having to announce it was happening - 6, 3, 2 months?

Just musing out loud here, maybe he will pitch up (or not) on the tour opening gig without ever having given an interview, tweet or anything. Which is a highly probable scenario if the rumours are true.

Has Axl, Fernando or The Beta committed on the current status of Guns n Roses?

I believe so- Fernando came around this summer and suggested there might be some news coming in 2 to 4 months; 3 months later some news did in fact come out: There is a new, exclusive, fun Xmas-themed G 'n R t-shirt available to Official Fan Club Members for the low price of 99 cents!

I'd say that gives us a crystal clear picture of the current status of Guns n Roses. :)

Has Axl, Fernando or The Beta committed on the current status of Guns n Roses?

I believe so- Fernando came around this summer and suggested there might be some news coming in 2 to 4 months; 3 months later some news did in fact come out: There is a new, exclusive, fun Xmas-themed G 'n R t-shirt available to Official Fan Club Members for the low price of 99 cents!

I'd say that gives us a crystal clear picture of the current status of Guns n Roses. :)

Not exactly, we can still discuss to death whether the news is in fact 'the news'. ;)

• Like 1

So supposing things are afoot for sometime next year, what's the last point we are likely to hear something from the band themselves ? By 'the band' I mean Axl really because I don't think anyone would make a definitive statement until he says do it.

If plans are being set in motion and it was up to Slash, Duff etc.. I think we would have heard something by now (unless the divorce thing were true). Watching the 1992 press conference on the other thread I noticed how much Axl mentioned privacy, whilst he does get snapped on tour, when not on tour he manages to be fairly invisible. I'm guessing the minute it was officially announced he's going to see an upsurge in people following him around, asking for interviews etc... so how long could he leave it, in theory, before having to announce it was happening - 6, 3, 2 months?

Just musing out loud here, maybe he will pitch up (or not) on the tour opening gig without ever having given an interview, tweet or anything. Which is a highly probable scenario if the rumours are true.

Festivals or concerts would probably have to be announced before hand as having "Guns N' Roses" as part of the lineup, but it's entirely possible we'll not know who'll be performing as Guns N' Roses until they're on stage. TBH, that would be cool. I'm dying to see another Rio 2001 kind of thing. I always loved the way the they opened Jungle in the dark with nothing but flashing lights.

It's a great shirt, did anybody here get one? I had really wanted one 2 years ago when they sold it on facebook but i missed out. So I take that as a positive sign of good things to come.

No, I find tacky Christmas stuff a bit umm...tacky! I try not to judge though because people like different things so it's hardly the end of the world. I'd prefer it if it had been an add on to a load more interesting stuff beforehand.

Daniel Grinbank, a famous argentinian businessman or promoter not only here in Argentina, but all over South America, said that classic GNR will reunite next year.

He is known for bringing Guns N Roses to Argentina in 1992 and 1993, and also for bringing the Rolling Stones reunion here to South America. He organized the free and masive Rolling Stones show in Brazil in 2006. He is also known for bringing to Argentina the following bands:

U2, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Iron Maiden, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Prince, Eric Clapton, INXS, David Bowie, Tina Turner, The Police, The Who, Yes, Metallica, Coldplay, AC/DC, Nirvana, Robert Plant, Aerosmith, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys.

You can listen to the interview here (its in spanish):

http://radiocut.fm/radiostation/metro951/listen/2015/11/05/11/54/00/

Its curious how calm he admits it. This is not the first rumour we get, there's definitely something going on behind the scenes.

Thanks to GNR Latinoamerica for posting this on their Facebook page.

thanks for the mention!

Edited by Alpachiris
  • Like 1

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this changes everything! Some guy said it's happening?? Well why didn't someone just tell me that!? If some guy says it, then I need to start looking into flights & accomodations ASAP.

To be fair this guy is apparently some big deal Promoter in Argentina not some random Jabroni. Look at who he has promoted in the past. What is his incentive for lying? To rile up some nerds on a GN'R board? Maybe this guy is financially well off and doesn't care about spilling the beans. Since no band members are really talking,confirmation is likely to come from someone with connections to the Industry like this guy or Weiland or Durst.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this changes everything! Some guy said it's happening?? Well why didn't someone just tell me that!? If some guy says it, then I need to start looking into flights & accomodations ASAP.

I'm the biggest septic about a reunion, but i put my money on that if Daniel Grinbank says so.

Fair enough. I guess it just seems like everyday someone "in the know" is claiming this is happening.

fair enough as well, but at this point you're living in denial and lying to yourself if you don't believe that AT THE VERY LEAST, their is a full forced effort into making a reunion happen. If it doesn't happen in the next couple of years it never will.

To be fair this guy is apparently some big deal Promoter in Argentina not some random Jabroni. Look at who he has promoted in the past. What is his incentive for lying? To rile up some nerds on a GN'R board? Maybe this guy is financially well off and doesn't care about spilling the beans. Since no band members are really talking,confirmation is likely to come from someone with connections to the Industry like this guy or Weiland or Durst.

I'm the biggest septic about a reunion, but i put my money on that if Daniel Grinbank says so.

Fair enough. I guess it just seems like everyday someone "in the know" is claiming this is happening.

......If it doesn't happen in the next couple of years it never will.
"next couple years"? Ahhhhh yeah- how about next 6-12 mos. No way Slash and Duff (presuming talks are under way) gonna wait that long (couple years). Those 2 live for now.....as in write/record/tour etc.... VS Axl/TB/Fernando who move at a snails pace. And as preposterous as this may sound- they don't need Axl, rather Axl and TB need them. Edited by Snowmass

......If it doesn't happen in the next couple of years it never will.
"next couple years"? Ahhhhh yeah- how about next 6-12 mos. No way Slash and Duff (presuming talks are under way) gonna wait that long (couple years). Those 2 live for now.....as in write/record/tour etc.... VS Axl/TB/Fernando who move at a snails pace. And as preposterous as this may sound- they don't need Axl, rather Axl and TB need them.
12 months days weeks minutes blah blah blah... It's happening.

It has nothing to do with one side needing the other more. They all need each other. I don't like team Brazil as much as anyone but at least be realistic..

I think there are many signs that point to a posisble reunion is in the works but IMHO it could depend on how much power Axl is will to concede to the others. Maybe Slash's stance has softened since he wrote his book but unless Axl treats them all as equals in any reunion does anyone think Slash will backdown and play subordinant to Axl? That ws on thing he has said must happen for any reunion to happen I believe.

I get the impression some here think it is just a matter of the all agreeing to do it but I have a feeling it will be a very complicated deal to negotiate with all the old members before it can happen.

I think there are many signs that point to a posisble reunion is in the works but IMHO it could depend on how much power Axl is will to concede to the others. Maybe Slash's stance has softened since he wrote his book but unless Axl treats them all as equals in any reunion does anyone think Slash will backdown and play subordinant to Axl? That ws on thing he has said must happen for any reunion to happen I believe.

I get the impression some here think it is just a matter of the all agreeing to do it but I have a feeling it will be a very complicated deal to negotiate with all the old members before it can happen.

We will know more later

I have this vision of Axl in hiding somewhere with a strict physical and vocal training schedule and a whole team of people getting him ready for this big reunion tour. Perhaps he'll be spending the winter pushing logs up hills in a remote Russian tundra much like how Rocky Balboa trained for his big fight in Rocky IV. Its probably fair to say that he worked to get ready for his 2006 comeback, but I just hope he takes this much more seriously than any of his previous tours since the UYI lineup and actually prepares.

• Like 2

I have this vision of Axl in hiding somewhere with a strict physical and vocal training schedule and a whole team of people getting him ready for this big reunion tour. Perhaps he'll be spending the winter pushing logs up hills in a remote Russian tundra much like how Rocky Balboa trained for his big fight in Rocky IV. Its probably fair to say that he worked to get ready for his 2006 comeback, but I just hope he takes this much more seriously than any of his previous tours since the UYI lineup and actually prepares.

The last tour it was more like Rocky 6... Hopefully he will not come out like Rocky in the new CREED MOVIE. I would love for him to come out Rocky 4 Axl.

• Like 1

maybe slash Izzy and duff have softened their stance knowing that even though they will never have the power they truly may want, they can at least agree on things enough to the point to make their money knowing they'd never have to make money again..?!

Just a thought and pure speculation but I have a feeling a lot of people will be compromising and sacrificing a lot to make this work.. Just a thought.

Some axl haters are grinning at the teeth looking forward to him explaining the "one of us will die" and "not in this lifetime" comments, as am I, but duff slash and the others will also have to explain their side when they're standing next to team Brazil in photos so..

Oh he's pushing logs, alright. He's pushing logs right out of his ass and into the toilet.

THAT is how Axl Rose views "artistic preparation."

• Like 1