The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm fine if people don't want to consider this a reunion. I certainly didn't consider the band anytime after '96 as Guns N Roses.

Anyway, I'm beyond happy that the possibility of seeing Slash and Axl perform on stage together again is now a real probability. And to all my fellow reunionists out there - fuck yeah!! Years of holding out hope, despite all the negativity and naysayers, has finally paid off. Boom.

It has paid off! I remember when people would insist that no one would care about a reunion. Yet here we are, many people caring and excited.

It would be nice if Izzy and at least Matt were involved, but I'll take Duff and Slash. It's a crazy road they've taken. I remember when it was announced that Slash was out of the band. I thought it'd blow over after a while, it wasn't a big deal. The usual squabbles. But it went on and on. And no one really knew why, despite all the arguing among the fans.

That makes me feel so old. I remember it like it was yesterday and seeing it on MTV news but figuring the Axl/Slash beef would blow over. Here we are now 20 years later! We are now competing for tickets with people who were barely born when this all went down. Time truly does fly. Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

I really hope that Kimmel will ask some serious questions...

Is it that kind of show? From what I saw last time, it's pretty light on the content. I doubt they'll address anything serious.

if I'm a betting man kimmel will ask why they're reuniting and about how slash and axl were able to put their differences aside. He just won't be a dick about anything. He did bust axls balls about he late start times in 2012 and axl was cool with it, he was funny about it actually. So it'll be interesting to see how this goes down but if I'm a betting man, there's no way axls going to come on say "we're reuniting see you in April". I've got a feeling he's going to be asked a lot more than that

Hi there,

I've been reading you guys for a few days now, since the rumor has started to sound believable and I desperately needed the latest updates. As I've been enjoying my time here, I finally decided to join the party and sign in.

Let me quickly introduce myself. I'm from France and pretty much a lifetime fan of GnR. My profile picture has been taken when I was 8yo, in 1992, no need to say the other kids were no match at the birthday party I was attending that day. ^^
I grew up watching my big brother's UYI Tour in Tokyo VHS over and over, which mean the second lineup is almost as legendary as the original one to me.

However, retrospectively, I now have to admit that the band has never been as good as when Izzy was involved.

As I was only 7 when the band kicked asses at the Vincennes racetrack in Paris, I've always told myself that I couldn't miss another opportunity. Therefore, if the "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-branded But Not A Reunion Tour" is finally confirmed, I would seriously consider flying in for Coachella.

• Like 4

Skid Row not reuniting or planning to open for GNR:

Lastly, amidst all of the rumors and speculation, there has been no talk of a reunion nor are we opening for Guns N Roses....

Myself and the other 14 Skid Row fans are bummed the hear this.

Count me in. Old skid row was pretty awesome.

Pretty telling that these guys can't keep a singer.

In this special YouTube edition of One On One With Mitch Lafon -- I welcome Metal Sludge founder and Tuff lead singer, Stevie Rachelle. We discuss the Metal Sludge web site, his band's latest projects (The Glam Years 1985-1989 CD & the new Decadation vinyl) as well as the latest rock news including Guns N' Roses, the future of Skid Row, Bobby Blotzer & Ratt, Mötley Crüe, Van Halen, reunions and a lot more.

Quote from the interview:

RATT: "Blotzer is a loudmouth, is abrasive, tells it like it is and at the end of the day has the right to work."

John Corabi & Mötley Crüe: "John - unbelievable singer, but we don't want to hear him sing Live Wire."

Guns N' Roses reunion: "I've heard some people tell me some pretty gnarly stuff, and here's the part that gives it away more than anything - there is no denials coming from within the real camp."

For more about about Stevie Rachelle, Tuff or Metal Sludge visit:

Online: http://www.tuffcds.comand http://metalsludge.tv

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StevieRachelle

Twitter: @StevieTuff & @MetalSludge

Follow Mitch Lafon on Twitter: @mitchlafon

One on One With Mitch Lafon's Official Twitter is: @1On1WithMitch

And Official Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/OneOnOneMitchLafon

If you like what you hear and would like to make a contribution - our Paypal is MitchMinute@aol.com

Listen and subscribe to the One On One With Mitch Lafon Podcast on:

iHeartRadio: http://www.iheart.com/show/53-One-On-One-with-Mitch-Lafon/

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/one-on-one-with-mitch-lafon/id851055518?mt=2

Spreaker: http://www.spreaker.com/show/one-on-one-with-mitch-lafon-episode-2

TuneIn: http://tunein.com/radio/One-On-One-with-Mitch-Lafon-p644313/

Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/talking-metal/one-on-one-with-mitch-lafon

Get One Direction to open for GN'R. Limit the amount of One Direction fans. Don't ask me how. Ask some GN'R questions before being allowed to purchase tickets or something. Then, at the concert, show those poor kids some real music. :shades:

HAHAHAHA! They would shit their skinny jeans when they find out Gn'R is a real band and not a clothing label. :bucket:

Hi there,

I've been reading you guys for a few days now, since the rumor has started to sound believable and I desperately needed the latest updates. As I've been enjoying my time here, I finally decided to join the party and sign in.

Let me quickly introduce myself. I'm from France and pretty much a lifetime fan of GnR. My profile picture has been taken when I was 8yo, in 1992, no need to say the other kids were no match at the birthday party I was attending that day. ^^

I grew up watching my big brother's UYI Tour in Tokyo VHS over and over, which mean the second lineup is almost as legendary as the original one to me.

However, retrospectively, I now have to admit that the band has never been as good as when Izzy was involved.

As I was only 7 when the band kicked asses at the Vincennes racetrack in Paris, I've always told myself that I couldn't miss another opportunity. Therefore, if the "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-branded But Not A Reunion Tour" is finally confirmed, I would seriously consider flying in for Coachella.

Hiya and welcome to the "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-branded But Not A Reunion Tour" party! :)

I've had the Tokyo show on in the background this evening, thinking of how great it will be to see (some of?) those people back together again.

Hi there,

Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. Cute photo. :)

Get One Direction to open for GN'R. Limit the amount of One Direction fans. Don't ask me how. Ask some GN'R questions before being allowed to purchase tickets or something. Then, at the concert, show those poor kids some real music. :shades:

HAHAHAHA! They would shit their skinny jeans when they find out Gn'R is a real band and not a clothing label. :bucket:

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. It would be doing them, and the world, a service, really. :devilshades:

• Like 1

It's funny how we all go apeshit crazy here and almost cum in our pants while nothing is confirmed by the band already, it's actually a kinda beautiful story like a man who leaves his family for a Job at sea and doesn't Come back.. Family thinking they will never see him again and then 20 years later he stands in the doorway. Everybody crying and being happy. That's what i will do when it is getting real if not shouting it through the streets lol

Edited by GNRmello77

If Izzy's involved that would be great, obviously a pure reunion should include him. But imo he never had any real stage presence, so aesthetically I'm ok without him. I'd miss him more if they were actually putting out a new album. His writing credits would be invaluable. I will definitely miss Stevie if he's not involved, but I'm a Matt fan as well so not overly broken up about it. Would be cool if he got to do a song or two though. He showed at the HOF he's still got it.

• Like 1

I think they might have to come Europe first. Coachella won't want the "buzz" of them playing the festival to disappear so quickly by them then going out and doing a Stadium tour across the rest of the US. It'll take a lot of the shine off it. Doing the US stadium shows in August after a European and maybe South American run.