The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

GNR has to do more than a festival.

If a reunion happens, they better do a whole US tour and world tour. You can't make it too difficult for fans to buy tickets. That would suck.

I want them to come back to Dallas because the 2 times Axl and GNR came to Dallas they pretty much sold out. Imagine touring with the original members. It would be crazy.

I would pay to see Slash and Axl do whatever song they want to do. I don't care how many times I've heard GNR songs. This would be epic.

• Like 1

Hopefully it comes with new music.

Or we can see Axl and slash do It's So Easy together for the 476th time.

Well, there are younger people like me,who didn't see Axl and Slash together. So a reunion tour is what people really want.It's a rebirth of one of the greatest bands in the history of music.If there are plans for a reunion Album then, even better! :)

• Like 1

But you've never seen them both do it together with moobs, have you?

And with Pittman. Oh wait .....sorry, you already said with moobs.

I get why people are excited. But without new music then what is the point? The classic line up did hundreds of shows together. And played all the classic songs together live hundreds of times.

Do I really want to see a bunch of 50 year olds playing songs they made popular while in their 20s?

Those dudes aren't living on the streets, doing drugs and drinking Nightrain anymore. Now they are all living in mansions and have millions of dollars in the bank. Seems silly to still have music from the 80s and early 90s be the main portion of your setlists.

I wanna hear what kind of "art" these guys can create now. What do they have to say as musicians in 2016? How have the grown and matured as song writers?

But to see them just play 25-30 year old songs as middle aged men? Yawn.

Well, there are younger people like me,who didn't see Axl and Slash together. So a reunion tour is what people really want.It's a rebirth of one of the greatest bands in the history of music.If there are plans for a reunion Album then, even better! :)

I never saw magic Johnson play basketball. But I'm not blowing my load over paying hundreds of dollars to see him shoot hoops when he is overweight and out of shape at 60 years old.

And it isn't a rebirth without new music. It's a retirement grab to fill their bank accounts.

If a reunion happens, they better do a whole US tour and world tour. You can't make it too difficult for fans to buy tickets. That would suck.

I want them to come back to Dallas because the 2 times Axl and GNR came to Dallas they pretty much sold out. Imagine touring with the original members. It would be crazy.

I would pay to see Slash and Axl do whatever song they want to do. I don't care how many times I've heard GNR songs. This would be epic.

More epic than when they played together as 25 year old dudes and took the world by storm? When they debuted new songs to audiences around the world? When they unleashed beast songs like jungle and November rain and sweet child of mine and you could be mine and estranged?

Today it would be epic? Lol.

More epic than when they played together as 25 year old dudes and took the world by storm? When they debuted new songs to audiences around the world? When they unleashed beast songs like jungle and November rain and sweet child of mine and you could be mine and estranged?

Today it would be epic? Lol.

Yes it would.

Like Duff said. average age of aerosmith 66. Black sabbath in their sixties also. the stones? 70s. Age doesnt matter if you want to sell out stadiums.

Quality of music does. GNR

• Like 1

I get why people are excited. But without new music then what is the point? The classic line up did hundreds of shows together. And played all the classic songs together live hundreds of times.

Do I really want to see a bunch of 50 year olds playing songs they made popular while in their 20s?

Those dudes aren't living on the streets, doing drugs and drinking Nightrain anymore. Now they are all living in mansions and have millions of dollars in the bank. Seems silly to still have music from the 80s and early 90s be the main portion of your setlists.

I wanna hear what kind of "art" these guys can create now. What do they have to say as musicians in 2016? How have the grown and matured as song writers?

I never saw magic Johnson play basketball. But I'm not blowing my load over paying hundreds of dollars to see him shoot hoops when he is overweight and out of shape at 60 years old.

And it isn't a rebirth without new music. It's a retirement grab to fill their bank accounts.

Slash is still great, and Axl had performances that showed us why he is still one of the greatest frontmen out there. You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see them live again? Don't do it bro.I will, because it will be my one and only chance to see those two guys together for the first and last time in my life :). And as I already told ya,IF they do an album , that would be epic!! :D

• Like 2

While part of me agrees with u that it'll kinda feel like 50-year-olds pretending to be in their 20s again, I'd rather have a setlist with a plethora of hits than new songs of B-quality.

I've said this before. The old songs are timeless. The fact that those guys were even talented enough to write that kind of material in the first place has earned them the right to play it over and over and continuously bank on it as much as they want imo.

It doesn't matter that they aren't the same people who wrote those tunes anymore, what matters is that the songs lasted, are still loved by millions, and therefore deserve to be celebrated. And what better way to do that than with the people who created them in the first place performing them again after 23 years of not doing so?

Besides, the majority of people who go to these shows, regardless of age, want to hear those hits. Myself included. IVe said this before, it'll be nice to have a few hours to party like its 1991 or whatever

Edited by rocknroll41

#1 topic trending on facebook.....

There's no way in hell Axl, TB, or Slash would let this whole thing blow up THAT MUCH if it was BS.

I guess this is the calm before the storm

It has to be. Way too many people claiming they've heard this or they've heard that. I can see this happening, but the only way it can be successful is if we get the mid-80's hungry Axl Rose ready to pounce on one of his biggest feats ever. If he comes back as the 2009-2014 Axl Rose, I don't see very many people caring too much. Get in shape and get that voice back man! I saw you do it when you came back in Vegas in 2001 after being out of shape in Rio....you can do it now!!!

I'm all for a reunion but I would be just as happy if Axl went on a 60 page rant about the reunion never happening and then returning in 2016 with a New lineup, a new album, his old voice and a pissed off attitude.

But a reunion is way more likely. Go look at gnr's Facebook post about 6 hours ago, every comment is about the excitement for the reunion.

• Like 2

This dish nation story is gaining major traction, with tons of major music outlets and websites, reporting it ... While in no way does the likes of ultimate guitar, every radio station website re reporting this story make it legit .. The fact that the GNR camp doesn't and hasn't refuted these this report makes it a certainty this is happening ... I would say the actual mystery to all of this is who's gonna play drums ...

I still think this is happening, but then again I have to remind myself, this band and axl don't play by convential rules ...

In 2010 Axl was in great shape. In 2014, he didn't look motivated and it appears that he wasn't taking the best care of himself. When Duff came back, he had a whole new fire.

This dish nation story is gaining major traction, with tons of major music outlets and websites, reporting it ... While in no way does the likes of ultimate guitar, every radio station website re reporting this story make it legit .. The fact that the GNR camp doesn't and hasn't refuted these this report makes it a certainty this is happening ... I would say the actual mystery to all of this is who's gonna play drums ...

I'm calling it now: Adler (with Matt following them around for some UYI tunes and rehearsing the rest on "standby mode" in case Steven flakes again)

Steven claimed he still didn't know anything after talking to Slash in his last interview...but the way he was saying it and his demeanor felt kinda different this time, and Duff complimented him recently and corrected himself to make sure it was in present tense (idk that just means something to me).

And I just think it wouldn't be fair to call it an AFD reunion like Trunk claims it'll be marketed as without giving Adler at least a chance now that he's (apparently) sober. Also, he'd practically destroy himself if he doesn't at least get a chance and I'm sure the other 4 are well aware of this.

So yeah, Adler with Matt on UYI/standby. That's my gut feeling