The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

If nothing happens by Wednesday...

Then we speculate for another year.

What's Wednesday?

well it said "days away" not weeks months etc.

If they were truly days away from announcing this thing then I'd assume it'd be less than a week. So I'd think... Hmmm

My bet is November 23rd.

why? Because that's the anniversary of Chinese democracy's release..?

My bet is November 23rd.

Slash will have a new album in 2016 so there is zero chance

Also i'm glad that you are alive, Manets

A new album won't hinder the reunion tour

You don't know Slash lol.

neither do you. And no offense to slashs solo work but him being on stage with axl rose is a lot bigger than anything he will ever do solo wise
  • Like 1

My bet is November 23rd.

neither do you. And no offense to slashs solo work but him being on stage with axl rose is a lot bigger than anything he will ever do solo wise

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this topic at all....

A reunion might happen but not in 2016, that's for sure

I highly doubt that a big announcement came out for a reunion then nothing happens next year

Hilarious how some people ignore the facts (aka Slash already writing new material for the next album and booked studios to record his stuff and this was common knowledge BEFORE the big "slash and axl are friends again" bullshit and ALL of the media ignore this little fact when they came out with a shit article about a possible reunion

Edited by Strange Broue

My bet is November 23rd.

I highly doubt that a big announcement came out for a reunion then nothing happens next year

Hilarious how some people ignore the facts (aka Slash already writing new material for the next album and booked studios to record his stuff and this was common knowledge BEFORE the big "slash and axl are friends again" bullshit and ALL of the media ignore this little fact when they came out with a shit article about a possible reunion

It had everything to do with this topic, don't even think about twisting that one..

Slash is entitled to do what he wants no matter what, the point is, a GNR reunion tops everything he's done on his own. Kind of like how axls nygnr will never touch the lineup that they had with at least slash and duff in it..

Other than that we haven't disagreed anywhere in the thread, so thank you very much for stating the facts. I don't disagree with anything else you've said. Just want to remind you I have yet to post a lie

My bet is November 23rd.

It had everything to do with this topic, don't even think about twisting that one..

Slash is entitled to do what he wants no matter what, the point is, a GNR reunion tops everything he's done on his own. Kind of like how axls nygnr will never touch the lineup that they had with at least slash and duff in it..

Oh that's tricky. If that's a classic reunion including at least Izzy maybe Steven as well, and Axl will be in Shape, then I'll agree 100% with what you said.

But an outer shape Axl or/and a reunion without Izzy isn't that hard to top.

Still that doesn't change the fact that Slash is working on his own material with his band. Besides Axl Rose everybody in the music szene would tell you Slash is a loyal guy so I can't imagine him stopping all his current work immediately.

• Like 1

Please,if they are going to reunite,i really hope they dont twite it or put some messege on facebook.A proper press conference with all the honours and the original 5 or 6 with sorum seated all together and shinning again.

It has to be great,not a cold thing like twitter or facebook,

Thinking anything is announce while Slash is still on tour is just dumb. There's no way. Also 2017 is the 30th anniversary so don't even expect anything "soon" It's gonna happen but it's all gonna gear up towards 2017 with a reissue of AFD along side a brand new album.

• Like 1

Thinking anything is announce while Slash is still on tour is just dumb. There's no way. Also 2017 is the 30th anniversary so don't even expect anything "soon" It's gonna happen but it's all gonna gear up towards 2017 with a reissue of AFD along side a brand new album.

Isn't that part of the problem?

In 2011 we said new album in 2012/13... in 2015 we're saying reunion in 2016/17. In 2017, it'll be reunion in 2018... GNR have wasted enough time already.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

My bet is November 23rd.

Oh that's tricky. If that's a classic reunion including at least Izzy maybe Steven as well, and Axl will be in Shape, then I'll agree 100% with what you said.

But an outer shape Axl or/and a reunion without Izzy isn't that hard to top.

Still that doesn't change the fact that Slash is working on his own material with his band. Besides Axl Rose everybody in the music szene would tell you Slash is a loyal guy so I can't imagine him stopping all his current work immediately.

Well wouldn't it be possible that Slash could still do his solo work even while reuniting with guns? Artists do it all the time by having Solo work on the side of touring with their current band. I will give you the point that slash won't just drop it but cmon, he'll work around it reschedule (does he have official dates and a new album set to be released yet? Like, official dates?!) so frankly I still think a guns reunion comes first.

Isn't that part of the problem?

In 2011 we said new album in 2012/13... in 2015 we're saying reunion in 2016/17. In 2017, it'll be reunion in 2018... GNR have wasted enough time already.

Part of the problem would be if you didn't read what I said and explain why it's going to happen in 2017. 30th anniversary of AFD. 2017. Plus after Slash is done touring it gives them one full year to remaster the album, plan the tour and record a new album. there is no problem with this at all. It's the best case scenario and it's going to kick major fucking ass.

• Like 1