The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

The older fans might remember this: http://gnfr.com/

Anyone know how long that picture has been up? From what I've read it had some cryptic clues and shit back in 06.

Oh yeah, I remember it.. lolz. That site was... unique, to state the least.

Blast from the past!

I'm around.. I don't pay much of any attention to GNR stuff, but I'm around. I pop into here every now and then to see what might / could be happening.. then I just kind of snicker to myself at the general 'same old same old' so to speak. I'm far too busy with real life to worry about what Axl's up to - if he tours again, I'll go. If they put out another album, I'll buy it - if not.. oh well.. life does, indeed, go on :)

The older fans might remember this: http://gnfr.com/

Anyone know how long that picture has been up? From what I've read it had some cryptic clues and shit back in 06.

Oh yeah, I remember it.. lolz. That site was... unique, to state the least.

Blast from the past!

I'm around.. I don't pay much of any attention to GNR stuff, but I'm around. I pop into here every now and then to see what might / could be happening.. then I just kind of snicker to myself at the general 'same old same old' so to speak. I'm far too busy with real life to worry about what Axl's up to - if he tours again, I'll go. If they put out another album, I'll buy it - if not.. oh well.. life does, indeed, go on :)

More of this is required around here and forums in general. Real life does indeed go on! Good to see ya back here posting

Edited by Route66

I just thought Slash was touring Conspirators III next year. 2016-17.

It's slash friend. He'll go where the money is at. Plus he's always working. A reunion tour wouldn't be 100+ shows in one year alone and id be willing to be it'll spill into 2017, assuming it does happen next year. They'll work it out schedule wise for everyone. For all we know that could be part of what's holding this thing up from being announced..

Plus, you're buying the first round!

So by the summer of 16 they will be doing festivals in Europe and SA, then maybe a Vegas Res in Nov/Dec then swing back through North America early 2017.

Round 2!

• Like 1

It is also did look like it would only be Axl, Slash and Duff...

If I'm remembering right, Axl, Slash and Duff are the only members left in the original band partnership anyways - Axl never bought them out of it like he did with Izzy and Steven, which is why Duff and Slash had to sign-off on stuff like the Vegas DVD before Axl could release it

It just sound completely wank: Axl, Slash, Duff and a bunch of knobheads doing festivals for cash. Is this supposed to be the reunion? Is this the day so many have waited for?

Why can't they not just reunite with Izzy and Steven and write a blues record in a little rehearsal space and do things properly? What a bunch of tossers.

• Like 1

Days away... It has been a week. So yeah, not a real good source.

No one ever said how many days
yeah I mean no offense but randy Jesus have you been reading or paying attention?

I was just pointing out the credibility of the source. I am sure something is happening, but not exactly the most credible source. Days doesn't mean weeks, Days doesn't mean months. Days doesn't mean years, etc... I read it. I have heard things for some time now. It is one of those things where you have to wait until it comes straight from an official source. A lot people could have ran with this information long before, but they didn't because it wasn't concrete. They ran with it afterwards just to play catch up with competitors. Still it remains unofficial and there is no press release or conference on deck at the moment. I know that there have been big plans in the past and for many different reasons they have been tossed out.

Edited by Randy Jesus

Even though I and everyone here should know better.For some god forsaken reason I have faith in them pulling this off.Can't explain why I believe in them that much given how Axl is.I guess I'm hoping against hope here.I would freak if we get the REAL Gn'R my biggest fear is if this happens it's gonna be Axl,Slash,Duff and a couple of those NuMetal castoffs that he hired.

It just sound completely wank: Axl, Slash, Duff and a bunch of knobheads doing festivals for cash. Is this supposed to be the reunion? Is this the day so many have waited for?

Why can't they not just reunite with Izzy and Steven and write a blues record in a little rehearsal space and do things properly? What a bunch of tossers.

Maybe Izzy doesnt want to do it?

Theres two ways i see Izzy not wanting to do it. One is that he just doesnt want to commit to it being festivals and just the grand scheme of how big it will be. And two, he wants it to be original 5, with the inclusion of Dizzy perhaps, and Axl, Slash and Duff dont want Adler involved so Izzy says hes out.

Edited by ChineseIRS
  • Like 1

Izzy doesn't like touring. He will show up once or twice. There is a chance that Adler will be given a spot once or twice for a song or two. Fortus' playing fits the classic GNR sound. Pitman will replace the horn section for such songs as NR. Frank is the drummer for the most part.

Izzy doesn't like touring. He will show up once or twice. There is a chance that Adler will be given a spot once or twice for a song or two. Fortus' playing fits the classic GNR sound. Pitman will replace the horn section for such songs as NR. Frank is the drummer for the most part.

Either way, if there will be a new album Izzy MUST be involved.

Seems about right.

He already was. A song that was tentatively called "Down by the Ocean."

It sounds hideous. Trust GN'R to cock a reunion tour up.

He already was. A song that was tentatively called "Down by the Ocean."

I mean a full album though.

Pitman's name wasn't mentioned in the Blabbermouth report as being part of this supposed new hybrid line-up. And according to MSL (idk how reliable he is these days tho) Pitman told Axl and TB last year that he didn't wanna tour anymore. even if they did keep him on, all he would really contribute to at this point is NR, cause I can't see them throwing any of the CD tunes in there. So might as well just let him go or let him walk away, and I get the hunch that one of those things happened. I know he showed on Twitter that he was at Axl's place recently, but him still being friends with the guy doesn't necesarilyy mean he still has to be part of the band if he doesn't want to/ is no longer needed

So basically, Slash = Reunion.

Will be a disappointing outcome if it turned out to be a 'hybrid reunion'. Izzy and Duff have played relatively recently so the shine and allure of seeing them share the stage is diluted considerably. I like Frank and Fortus, but why would I pay top wack specifically for a reunion tour, to see a drummer and guitarist i've seen twice in the modern era.

I don't see why you couldn't have Izzy play a few dates of his choosing, Gilby fill in the ones he doesn't. If Adler is a liability/can't handle a full set then have Sorum share the set ala RnR HOF, he is a top drummer who has a far more substantial claim to feature on a reunion tour than Frank.

You'd hope there is a myriad of complex reasons as to why the above can't happen, otherwise it's just another simple solution that passes GNR by.

makes no sense. wasn't slash always the least likely to be involved in a reunion? they just crossed the difficult one off the checklist so to speak. i cant see how it can be harder to have izzy (who has already played with axl recently) and adler in the group than to have slash. izzy i recall saying he would want to be involved in a reunion IF it featured the whole appetite lineup. the only reason i can think of that izzy would decline is because the others dont want adler back.

• Like 1