The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I just like the progression even though I don't believe any of it. Everyone runs with one story, then ONE publication adds their own little touch, then that gets out, then another person adds ONE little thing, then that spreads. If anything, its just fun to follow if you see through the whole thing.

-Slash says he and Axl are now friends.

-Not just that, but I also hear they even toyed with the idea of a reunion

-Slash and Axl's relationship is good enough that they can tour

-Not only that, but everyone loves Duff!

-With all 3 in a united front, a reunion tour must be coming

-Actually, I hear it is coming with all the original members

-Well not all the original members

-At this point its safe to assume a hybrid

-The announcement is coming in days

-Well not days. Slash is still touring

-The announcement is absolutely coming next week the day after Slash's tour ends

You can see how the thing builds and builds, making what we have now, ie. the story/clickbait everyone wants to hear.

Just let that sweet silence set in.,,Slash does interview where he mentions Axl and him are friends again...could have easily corrected the record after this interview caught fire but instead stays silent.

So fact 1 - Axl and Slash are talking again

All of a sudden people are talking GNR reunion again and all these sources come out now saying they've been holding onto this rumor for months now. Some big names make some big statements saying the reunion is set.

Question: why is GNR management and Axl not dispelling rumor talk?

By now many members have left GNR and the rumors are stockpiling.

Truth: current GNR consist of Axl, Dizzy, Fortus, and Frank

Missing: bass player and lead guitarist.

Rumors now fill in the blanks. New lineup is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank and Dizzy

Question 2: what is the best way to promote something?

Answer: let everyone talk about what your doing except the people actually doing it.

Fact 2: the silence from GNR has been effective at doing the talking for them without them having to announce or commit to anything.

Fact 3: the relationship is still fragile, nobody is committing to this yet, there are many pieces to be worked out.

Fact 4: expect no announcement in 2015.

• Like 1

Yeah i see no reason why Sorum shouldnt be there. Unless, he says he wont do it unless they have Adler split the duties with him. Wasnt he quoted as saying if Adler isnt in then hes not? Something to that effect? Sorums just crazy solid though, id want him there.

Sorum has always been extremely respectful of the Adler thing. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame proves that. He's more than happy to give Steven the spotlight cause, at the end of the day, he's as much a fan of that lineup as the rest of us are. If there was ever a "normal" guy in GNR, it was him. He's been stand up through everything.

I don't know if he ever specifically said he wouldn't participate if Steven didn't. I think, and I'm just going by memory, he said if there were a reunion and he was asked he would insist Adler be a part of it too. Which I guess means the same thing as "I won't do it without him" but without actually saying that. Which is why I go back to my "they just decided to leave them both out theory to avoid that issue altogether" but that seems fishy. Sorum would have had to agree to that since those guys are friendly, and I just don't get why they'd actively try to keep Steven out that much. GNR has the perfect scenario: a stable drummer that was also with the band in the old days to back up the unstable one, both of which are still alive. Unless GNR truly didn't want Adler on tour, it would make no sense why they'd avoid Sorum. You bring them both and if Adler is stupid enough to fuck himself up during it, you keep Sorum and everyone legitimately says "Steven we gave you a chance." There's literally no downside at all to keeping them both on board, unless they can't even stomach Steven that little amount.

All of a sudden people are talking GNR reunion again and all these sources come out now saying they've been holding onto this rumor for months now. Some big names make some big statements saying the reunion is set.

I'm not fucking with you in any way, I'm legitimately asking: who are the big names making big statements? Tabloids and stuff like ultimate-guitar that post this kind of stuff all the time, or people like Marc saying "I could imagine the 3 of them on stage together" and Del wishing Slash a happy birthday? I'm seriously 100% asking, cause I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Truth: current GNR consist of Axl, Dizzy, Fortus, and Frank

Missing: bass player and lead guitarist.

Rumors now fill in the blanks. New lineup is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank and Dizzy

You get though how anyone could have come to that conclusion on their own. Doesn't really require a "source" to make that up. It almost fits TOO well, which is why it almost screams as being fake. Also, don't you fucking leave Chris Pitman out lol!

Also, now that I think about it, was the first clue that Slash wished Axl a happy birthday at the beginning of this year? Have they been talking and "friends" since all the way back then?!!

• Like 1

I think the thing to remember is that from Axl's perspective, there's no such thing as a reunion. Guns N' Roses never stopped. If Slash and Duff play with him again, they're just rejoining the band. It's a matter of letting them play with him again. So from that perspective whether Izzy or Adler or Sorum are a part of it is irrelevant. What he has shown over time however is to be painstakingly aware of public perception. He knows that Slash and Duff would legitimize Guns N' Roses again in a lot of people's eyes and more importantly, Slash and Duff performing on Chinese Democracy 2 would legitimize the project and in some ways everything he did between 1996 and today. It wouldn't be about appeasing the public, a reunion would be about settling a personal score along the lines of "I knew you'd come crawling back eventually." Maybe that's a harsh way to put it, but Axl's history doesn't suggest he would do a reunion for money or for the fans.

Maybe that's a harsh way to put it, but Axl's history doesn't suggest he would do a reunion for money or for the fans.

I agree with you. Nothing suggests that which is why I'm surprised this rumor is getting more traction than usual. Cause wouldn't you think it'd be better if he just said "get over it. The top hat's not coming back!" It would piss a lot of people off, but wouldn't it piss off as many people as if this band just continues the way it is. If they come out with a new album (LOL) or a new tour next year and its new members for DJ and Bumble and all the same people, the public will be furious at him after all these rumors built up a reunion. There's nothing he could say at this point that will make him any less hated than if a reunion doesn't happen, so he might as well deny it now.

Like I said, you are absolutely right, which is why the only conclusion I can take from all of this, is maybe the conversation he had with Slash actually meant that much to him that he changed his mind. That he no longer thinks "I knew you'd come crawling back." He gets it. Sounds fantasy like, but its the only thing that would explain why he'd do a reunion and why he hasn't denied it publicly. Because that conversation was maybe just another crazy Axl thing that only he could rationalize. In the end, that goes along as perfectly with his persona as ending gigs early or just choosing not to come to them at all.

@gunsfanoldie the sources have come from Eddie Trunk (although he's been trying to ease his original statements) there was the "big time" South American promoter...Idk him but according to everyone he's legit. Nikki Sixx who is close to Ashba says it's happening, we had the weird thing with Slash's brother, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but that's what I remember from the last 3 months. We have had many more confirmations of a reunion than people denying it which is odd.

We'll see

• Like 1

@gunsfanoldie the sources have come from Eddie Trunk (although he's been trying to ease his original statements) there was the "big time" South American promoter...Idk him but according to everyone he's legit. Nikki Sixx who is close to Ashba says it's happening, we had the weird thing with Slash's brother, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but that's what I remember from the last 3 months. We have had many more confirmations of a reunion than people denying it which is odd.

We'll see

Fair enough. Although in that order I'd say:

-Eddie Trunk: well I'm as big an Eddie Trunk fan as anyone here, but I wouldn't call him a "big name". In the end he IS just a radio personality, and one time he said there was stuff going on in the "deep inner workings". A rare faux pas for him, but as you say, he's pulled it back recently and everything has been an opinion as opposed to that first one where he insinuated it was from a source. Anything he'll know we will probably have already heard.

-"Big time" South American promoter: I mean... I'd really not like to just laugh that off. And I get what you're saying if people confirmed he's big. But thats about as vague and silly as you can get, so I don't consider that a "big name" either.

-Nikki Sixx: as I have pointed out, there's a major chance that he said something that transparent cause he was being funny. Someone is asking the guy from Motley Crue if GNR is getting back together, the most dysfunctional band of all time. I want him to be telling the truth, but I could easily see in a moment just for a kick to say "of course it is and everyone knows it." He is legitimately a "big name" but his phrasing of confirmation strikes me as a bit fishy.

-Slash's brother: never confirmed a reunion. Said something bad about Axl then weirdly backed off and complimented the guy in the process. Of all the weird news we've heard, thats the most interesting. But again, also the only one that didn't even confirm a reunion. In fact, he flat out denied it, then did weird sidestepping, so that whole thing was odd.

I want to believe a reunion more than ever. And I guess my dissection of all those could make me look insane. But its just for the point that in the end, with all these rumors, we haven't really had ANYONE solid flat out say, not joking, a reunion is happening. Everyone is running with something else. I still contend the biggest, and really only IMO, confirmation we have is Marc Canter saying its not impossible to see them on stage together at this point (paraphrasing if thats not 100% correct), and thats not even confirming anything. So we're still at square 1, despite people wanting to push us all the way to square 10.

The past 2 months have been so strange. I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the reunion rumors that just spun out of control. It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again. Which is great. But why did that make everybody and their brother think a reunion was imminent?

The past 2 months have been so strange. I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the reunion rumors that just spun out of control. It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again. Which is great. But why did that make everybody and their brother think a reunion was imminent?

Its the logical next step to take. Which is why you can run with the rumors, because it all stems back to Slash, an original member, saying he's friends with Axl. I have to imagine thats why its bigger this time than ever and its why people will blow it out of proportion. The second it came out it was kind of a facepalm moment of "here we go again...", and admittedly Slash should have known that and nipped it in the bud by saying "we have no reunion plans at the moment." He knows better so unless it was calculated, it was a mistake not to shut it down then. Otherwise, everything thats happened since could have easily been predicted. People want this to happen so much they'll make it up.

Basically the reunion rumors and out of control nature of them is natural. Thats par for the course. The silence is what has made people think its imminent. And the completely unsubstantiated rumors. If it happens, thats amazing. If not, in all honesty we should know better and not be too surprised. Time will tell, as it always has with GNR. Its pretty crazy right now, but its been this way in GNR history before and it will be again most likely. Hasn't been this level in awhile, but if you've followed the band since the internet formed, like I said, this is par for the course.

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I can't help but wonder if somebody in power was behind starting it all up. It makes me think of Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour movies. He was talking about drug dealers in the hood and he said trace everything back to the rich white man. Somebody you would never expect.

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I can't help but wonder if somebody in power was behind starting it all up. It makes me think of Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour movies. He was talking about drug dealers in the hood and he said trace everything back to the rich white man. Somebody you would never expect.

There are better things to do in life rather than going so deep in how a rumor of a Guns N' Roses reunion tour happened.

There are better things to do in life rather than going so deep in how a rumor of a Guns N' Roses reunion tour happened.

This is a 60 page thread. There are people in the industry who would stand to make a lot of money from a reunion. Just waxing philosophical to get my mind off of possible terrorist attacks which are methodically planned months and years in advance.

Did Slash say they were friends again? I thought he just said they'd worked some stuff out.

The most obvious answer to all this is that the guys agreed to NOT talk about anything until official plans could be worked out - or not worked out.

The guys and their agents/managers/lawyers/family members of their managers/etc are trying to WORK OUT THE DETAILS and figure out what a partial GnR reunion would mean. That's a TOTAL Axl quote "we have to figure out exactly what a GnR reunion even means."

Representatives from all parties are trying to figure out all the details. If they can make it work --- then the band members will announce it. If it doesn't work out, then they can tell us or deny that it was even an option.

Doesn't that seem like the logical explanation of what is going on right now???

• Like 1