The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show:

Anyone think it is possible? As far as I know They have not announced the performer yet... Jungle is played in almost every stadium every game... They would have enough time to blast out Jungle and Paradise City...

DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!??!?!?!?!?

A WTTJ-Madagascar-Paradise City medley on national TV to introduce the band's return to the American audience. What could possibly go wrong...I wou

l would love nothing more than to be wrong, but so far I think a lot of people are doing a lot of speculating based on next to no actual evidence that we should believe that fucking anything is happening and blowing a whole bunch of nothing into the rock n' roll story of the centur. Please. I want to be wrong. But everyone is overreacting to absolutely nothing.

Also: Superbowl halftime requires that bands pre-record the instrumentals. I seem to remember Guns naming an entire fucking Vegas residency after Axl's criticism of the fact that RHCP did it...

• Like 1

Super Bowl/NFL does not require pre recorded instruments. It's just easier for them. They highly recommend it but the super bowl halftime show has gone off completely live in recent times.

I don't think Sweet Child was pre recorded a few years ago at the super bowl when Slash played

But anyways back to the last time Axl talked reunion, he said something along the lines of "I'm surviving this war, I didn't start it and as far a reunion goes the ball has never been in my court."

So something has changed, an olive branch or whatever was extended by Slash I imagine. Someone had to apologize

• Like 1

I reckon the ball started rolling once Perla was off the scene. I reckon she stopped a lot. Or at least a lot of people put off by her.

Can someone please identify for me any concrete reason to believe that any ball has started rolling? All I have seen is internet speculation and promoter posturing being interpreted as "ZOMG IT'S HAPPENING!!" I want to be wrong. I really do. But I have not seen a single piece of actual evidence that anything is actually happening.

you guys need to read between the lines :axl92:

Why is it that every time 1 person posts something it always turns into "you guys"... It was only axlslash with the ridiculous in denial post...
You're right. Asking for evidence is totally denial. I should blindly speculate like everyone else and just not ask questions, right?

Give me one piece of evidence. Just one. Please.

• Like 1

I reckon the ball started rolling once Perla was off the scene. I reckon she stopped a lot. Or at least a lot of people put off by her.

Can someone please identify for me any concrete reason to believe that any ball has started rolling? All I have seen is internet speculation and promoter posturing being interpreted as "ZOMG IT'S HAPPENING!!" I want to be wrong. I really do. But I have not seen a single piece of actual evidence that anything is actually happening.

What kind of evidence do you want? There are no facts that prove with 100% certainity that it's happening. If there was, it would be a fact and we wouldn't be here speculating about it. But there has been plenty of strange things that suggests that some kind of a reunion is happening. One of my favorites was the video where Duff's wife and her friend Brandi Glanville are being interviewed and Brandi shouts "Guns N' Roses is coming back motherfuckers." Then Duff's wife shouts "Wooo!"

Link: http://loudwire.com/longtime-friend-duff-mckagan-wife-guns-n-roses-is-coming-back/

Edited by Lies They Tell

Simple question: if reunion rumours are just that - rumours, why hasn't Axl's or Slash's management put a stop to them by publically refuting them? The speculations on reunion go far beyond fan message boards, it's all over the internet/social media.

Logic would dictate that, IF both Slash and Axl have nothing to do with i.e. don't plan on any sort of reunion, the growing publicity behind it would just hurt their professional agendas/image?

So, this is actually the only reason why I believe something is going on. I am still being sceptic about it but for the above reason, I can't simply dismiss the possibility.

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

Simple question: if reunion rumours are just that - rumours, why hasn't Axl's or Slash's management put a stop to them by publically refuting them? The speculations on reunion go far beyond fan message boards, it's all over the internet/social media.

Logic would dictate that, IF both Slash and Axl have nothing to do with i.e. don't plan on any sort of reunion, the growing publicity behind it would just hurt their professional agendas/image?

So, this is actually the only reason why I believe something is going on. I am still being sceptic about it but for the above reason, I can't simply dismiss the possibility.

THIS.

This is my response for you, axlslash. I get that you're in denial bud, but even team Brazil has shot down rumors in the past and rather quickly. They've shot down rumors of slash playing with just axl and all kinds of reunion rumors. Yet, they haven't said anything lately and they haven't answered any questions on it. That tells you a lot.

Concrete evidence? Maybe none exists. But holy freakin crap buddy there is waaaaayyyyyy too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Edited by Billsfan

Exactly! The fact that nobody is denying it, is the biggest evidence we have. Together with all the other weird coincidences, it gives a pretty good reason to believe that something is going on. But of course everything is only speculation until we actually have somel facts.

Exactly! The fact that nobody is denying it, is the biggest evidence we have. Together with all the other weird coincidences, it gives a pretty good reason to believe that something is going on. But of course everything is only speculation until we actually have somel facts.
Both of you are correct. But since we need a piece of evidence, here we go: http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-hints-at-guns-n-roses-reunion

Slash always keeps busy. All of a sudden he's not touring with Myles next year?! Also, he won't even say what he's doing if anything at all?!

They could all easily deny this. And no is willing to oddly enough. No doubt somehow is happening, the only question is, will the original 5/illusions lineup be involved, or will it be the hybrid lineup?

I was going to try and put together everything the other day that I'd seen and read regarding this potential reunion/hybrid.

I mean, there's a whole lot of stuff that, on their own, might not mean much, but together it quickly starts to build and get the excitement juices running.

Might try and put it all into 1 thread at some point tomorrow morning if I have time before work.

In a nutshell though, you've got Duffs wife's friend, a few members of nuGuns leaving, Slash and Axl on talking terms again, comments by several musicians indicating it's happening either in interviews or on Twitter, Guns n Roses own twitter doing the "no news is good news" tweet, Axl not issuing any sort of rant rebuttal like he did last time there were rumours a few years ago, quite a few people indicating that talks are happening in Europe, the Dishnation and Ultimate Guitar articles (although it's debatable on there past accuracy on other stories). Sure there's more as well.

This just feels different to any other reunion rumours to me. It feels like there's some actual substance to it. The main thing for me is that everyone's been so quick to shoot down reunion rumours in the past, but this has just been left to grow and grow within media outlets and the industry.

I was going to try and put together everything the other day that I'd seen and read regarding this potential reunion/hybrid.

I mean, there's a whole lot of stuff that, on their own, might not mean much, but together it quickly starts to build and get the excitement juices running.

Might try and put it all into 1 thread at some point tomorrow morning if I have time before work.

In a nutshell though, you've got Duffs wife's friend, a few members of nuGuns leaving, Slash and Axl on talking terms again, comments by several musicians indicating it's happening either in interviews or on Twitter, Guns n Roses own twitter doing the "no news is good news" tweet, Axl not issuing any sort of rant rebuttal like he did last time there were rumours a few years ago, quite a few people indicating that talks are happening in Europe, the Dishnation and Ultimate Guitar articles (although it's debatable on there past accuracy on other stories). Sure there's more as well.

This just feels different to any other reunion rumours to me. It feels like there's some actual substance to it. The main thing for me is that everyone's been so quick to shoot down reunion rumours in the past, but this has just been left to grow and grow within media outlets and the industry.

A user already did that:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212965-all-the-evidence-we-have-about-the-reunion/

We just didn't leave the thread itself open as it's being discussed to death in several other threads.

A user already did that:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212965-all-the-evidence-we-have-about-the-reunion/

We just didn't leave the thread itself open as it's being discussed to death in several other threads.

That's some great work. You guys could edit the OP of this thread and include all of that. Just a suggestion...

A user already did that:

That's some great work. You guys could edit the OP of this thread and include all of that. Just a suggestion...

That's a great idea! I'm about to run for now, but I will most certainly try to do it later.

That's superb and exactly the kind of thing I had in mind.

Only things I would add are the Kings of Chaos "news coming soon" could have been to do with a European tour for December 2014 that was penned in around that time, but never actually went ahead in the end. They definitely had a UK show booked.

Also, Weiland made reference to it here http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/89567He called the Chester Bennington thing before it was announced, so despite not knowing his arse from his elbow half the time, he does have some insider knowledge in the industry.