The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

why do we keep calling Susan Duff's wife?? :lol::lol:

To make the story shorter and get the "evidence" closer to GNR, turning it into a more reliable point. It's not a mistake. It's, well, a lie.
YOU'RE a lie.

Zing!

Gotta figure that "Stay of Execution" trademark plays into the reunion somehow. Maybe an album title, or name of the tour?

I think I read that the copyright ran out on that.

It did indeed. I checked a few weeks ago, nothing new either. I imagine it was more likely a "new gnr" venture.

Are any of these people talking to Axl or TB? x2

I don't know, do you?

Did they say that Duff or Slash personally told them that a reunion was or is not happening.

Do they have to?

My biggest beefs are with that horrid alternative nation site spitting out hearsay and speculation as facts. I have no idea what the truth is. I will know like all of us, when an official announcement is made.

why do we keep calling Susan Duff's wife?? :lol::lol:

To make the story shorter and get the "evidence" closer to GNR, turning it into a more reliable point. It's not a mistake. It's, well, a lie.
YOU'RE a lie.

Zing!

Gotta figure that "Stay of Execution" trademark plays into the reunion somehow. Maybe an album title, or name of the tour?

I think I read that the copyright ran out on that.
It did indeed. I checked a few weeks ago, nothing new either. I imagine it was more likely a "new gnr" venture.

Didn't someone once speculate on here that it was related to that essay Axl wrote asking for those prisoners to not be executed or something?

That was a really moving letter that I am sure provided great comfort to the families of the people who were executed.

That's sarcasm, right?

I wouldn't bet on that. She thinks Del James and Axl Rose are on the same pedestal as Charles Dickens and Ludwig Van Beethoven!

But it makes me wonder, what about CDII?

You've all really gotta get over this CDII thing. I get that you all like to think its real, but just with this reunion, there's no real credible proof that one exists. You want it to, and thats fine, but you guys gotta stop using that as a reason to wonder "what if".

I get that Axl said it, but Axl has said a lot of things. Many of which are just blatantly untrue. You all know that, I don't have to point them out to you unless you want to deny it. What else is he really gonna say: he spent 20 years making one album? No, you say there's more, you say there's sequel, and apparently for GNR fans you never need proof. I believe there are unfinished ideas and loops. I do not, and until released never will, believe there is a full album ready to go. There's nothing that points to that. As I've stated in the past, it makes absolutely no sense. Before Chinese, he PLAYED new songs. He's NEVER played a new song that WASN'T on Chinese. People say thats cause he only released the songs we heard on Chinese. He's had 7 years to play ONE new song live. He hasn't. What is more likely: that its so good he thinks people can't handle it or that it just doesn't exist?

There are samples, there are loops, there are licks, there is Chris Pitman. There are people saying "there's so much stuff". But even thats conflicting. You have Brian May saying there's tons, you have Sebastian Bach saying its 3 albums, and you have Axl saying there's one more. Don't you see? None of it adds up. You have 20 second snippets of a song called Jackie Chan, you have a repeated chant that is Blood In The Water, you heard noise that was the fabled The General. These aren't completed songs. They are unfinished ideas that sit unfinished by one Mr. Axl Rose. He has song titles to songs that don't exist. Otherwise we would have heard them. So personally, I think its annoying that people keep bringing up CDII and new music. There's no evidence, as there hasn't been for years, that ANYTHING whatsoever was on the horizon, and on top of that you guys are delusionally thinking it even exists. No one treats their fans like this. I'm fine with people not wanting a reunion if it means that lineup won't make new music. But for the love of god if I hear "what happens to CDII?" one more time my head is just gonna explode. ITS NOT THERE PEOPLE, IT NEVER WAS. Move on with your lives, or Axl can prove me wrong. But I'm pretty sure we all know Axl's not gonna do that.

I def agree with this post. Post of the month nominee right here. Honestly I can't see anything else really being out there. I'm just really hoping this all leads to a reunion tho

That was a really moving letter that I am sure provided great comfort to the families of the people who were executed.

That's sarcasm, right?

No. Having withdrawn life support on critically ill children has taught me a great deal about what provides comfort to grieving families. Kind words and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated and healing when you are experiencing extreme grief.

Nutjob

Whatever.

That's sarcasm, right?

I wouldn't bet on that. She thinks Del James and Axl Rose are on the same pedestal as Charles Dickens and Ludwig Van Beethoven!

Great art even the darkest art makes you glad to be alive. I hate to quote Jerry Heller but it's true.

That's sarcasm, right?

No. Having withdrawn life support on critically ill children has taught me a great deal about what provides comfort to grieving families. Kind words and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated and healing when you are experiencing extreme grief.

Nutjob

Whatever.

That's sarcasm, right?

Great art even the darkest art makes you glad to be alive. I hate to quote Jerry Heller but it's true.

Del James is not even sub Stephen King. He is sub sub Stephen King. And I am not really a big fan of King but to say Del is not fit to lick King's bog brush probably puts it into perspective on how much I think of Del. Del is so shite he didn't even write another book. His first book bombed (despite the Guns endorsement) and he just gave up and become an official arse licker.

And then when you chuck in Dickens' name it is clear you need to be incarcerated.

That's sarcasm, right?

Nutjob

Whatever.

That's sarcasm, right?

Del James is not even sub Stephen King. He is sub sub Stephen King. And I am not really a big fan of King but to say Del is not fit to lick King's bog brush probably puts it into perspective on how much I think of Del. Del is so shite he didn't even write another book. His first book bombed (despite the Guns endorsement) and he just gave up and become an official arse licker.

And then when you chuck in Dickens' name it is clear you need to be incarcerated.

I only read the Without You story cause I was curious to its connection to Estranged...it was weird. It already sounded weird when Del talked about it in interviews but I was still curious to see for myself. I will say, tho, that what interested me about that story was the fact that some of the things that happened to that character ended up actually happening to Axl during the making of Chinese Democracy, which was particularly interesting since that story was published way back in 1994.

I know Mommy and Fernando screen all of Axl's media consumption, but damn, all this reunion hype would make Axl feel so dejected.

All this time that Axl has been trying to forcefeed DJ and Ron and JimBob and Duzzy and Fuzzy to his fanbase as GUNS N ROSES, and no one gave a shit.

Now, just one offhand remark from Slash--- and the hype is a tornado.

• Like 1

I know Mommy and Fernando screen all of Axl's media consumption, but damn, all this reunion hype would make Axl feel so dejected.

All this time that Axl has been trying to forcefeed DJ and Ron and JimBob and Duzzy and Fuzzy to his fanbase as GUNS N ROSES, and no one gave a shit.

Now, just one offhand remark from Slash--- and the hype is a tornado.

It may annoy Axl but he could simply snuff out the rumours and dispel all the innuendo by a couple of lines on twitter or whatever saying - sorry folks not in my plans. That would suffice. The fact that he hasn't is slightly pointing to it may be some truth in a reunion, or Axl just couldn't be f*cked anymore and has given up caring?

Sooner or later something will come out either way - I know one thing - the longer it drags on and if it is not gonna happen there will be very sad fans all over the world - myself included.... :-(

So according to that source, as of a moth ago, GnR were fielding offers involving the actual classic lineup and there is still no official confirmation on whether or not this will happen...?!

All these clues.. Cmon guys we all know this is happening just announce it already!!

It may annoy Axl but not as much as his bank bill would annoy him. If Axl is agreeing to this, he is broke. Things like 'integrity' and 'art' go out the door when you need the cash to maintain your Malibu pad and legion of on-demand ball lickers, don't they? What a wanker. And what a wanker in Slash and Duff if they have agreed to this charade.

And after all that appetite rebellious bollocks in the '80s; after all that artsy farsy Illusion crap and Axl's Chinese trilogy cock and balls ('I'm Trent Reznor''), and all this toss about hating Slash for selling out through his aimless collaborations, that is all GN'R finally end up with at the end of the day. That is all it meant: three fatties wanting your cash. ''Welcome to the fuckin Jingle''.

What a load of shite.

Axl never really tried forcing the new lineup on us. I mean he released one album, did no real promotion, he simply toured and if you wanted to see the band the you could, but if not they were quite easy to avoid. Hell most people didn't know gnr was still active. So as far as Axl feeling dejected? I don't think so, he gave a half assed effort, part of me feels he never had the chemistry he wanted with the band and things just never went the way he expected so his give a shit meter was very low.

I think if the reunion is real that he might see potential in it and care, or at least I hope so.

Duffs wifes friend said they were coming back. While stood with Duffs wife. Duffs wife will know exactly what's going on, what with being married to Duff and all. I would imagine that's the exact sort of thing she'd talk to a close friend about behind closed doors. It's not her fault her mate then shouted her mouth off out in public. Goofy interview or not, it's again someone saying something who would have absolutely nothing to gain by saying it. To dismiss it as a reasonable source is a bit daft.

Or she could have been mocking all the rumors.

Saying people who disagree with your speculation are daft......just makes you look like a jerk.

It may annoy Axl but not as much as his bank bill would annoy him. If Axl is agreeing to this, he is broke. Things like 'integrity' and 'art' go out the door when you need the cash to maintain your Malibu pad and legion of on-demand ball lickers, don't they? What a wanker. And what a wanker in Slash and Duff if they have agreed to this charade.

And after all that appetite rebellious bollocks in the '80s; after all that artsy farsy Illusion crap and Axl's Chinese trilogy cock and balls ('I'm Trent Reznor''), and all this toss about hating Slash for selling out through his aimless collaborations, that is all GN'R finally end up with at the end of the day. That is all it meant: three fatties wanting your cash. ''Welcome to the fuckin Jingle''.

What a load of shite.

DieselDaisy - you might be correct in saying that they are after some quick and substantial cash but who isn't ? We all want to make a living and at least maintain our own lifestyle standards, and it's all relative. Having said that, I'm pretty sure the Axl Rose that I have followed and loved for nearly 30 years would never compromise his principles (ever noticed how he is a bit stubborn like that ! ) and therefore I reckon he would have to have a genuine and very real interest in repairing old relationships and realising that those guys were the best for him, for him to be even considering getting back together for touring.