The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Appetite really is a timeless record tho. And a lot of people who go to GNR shows go to hear that stuff, and you can bet more will wanna go to hear that stuff if Slash and Duff really do tour with them next year. A little bit of new music for us die-hards would be cool tho

I agree and it definitely will be a treat for casual and younger fans to go to the shows. Especially those who avoided the Travelling Axl Circus for the past decade plus. But for those of us who have been on this ride for going on thirty years... Hmm well.

There are few major rock bands that rely on so little original material as Guns N' Roses. It does not matter how timeless those songs are, there is going to be a limit on how much one wants to hear ''Welcome to the Jungle''. Guns N' Roses basically stopped writing music after their first six years. If we cut off other major rock acts at that point in their development we would be denied Pepper, the white album or Abbey Road (The Beatles); Beggars, Let it Bleed, Exile (The Stones); Dark Side to The Wall (Floyd).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

I don't think you need to be a die-hard to want new music. Any fan of an artist is going to want to hear something new.

Having something fresh to play would be especially good if Izzy isn't going to be there. Of course Izzy would be in on any writing sessions.

Edited by Babooshka

I hope the whole thing bombs.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up. You are only cynical on here, just give it the occasional rest
idk if he's the only cynical one but there are some scary mindsets going on around here.. Especially the lame argument about it being pointless to have the old band play without new material. Lol get a life ya know?!
I get both sides of it but I was surprised by the amount of people saying they wouldn't be happy with just a tour.
Is it really that surprising though? Axl and to a lesser extent Slash have really beaten the fantastic but limited GNR catalogue into the ground over the past fifteen years. Fifteen years is a long time to hear Appetite material at every single show.

No, I totally agree. I'd rather have new music myself. I was just surprised because I thought most people here would have just been happy for Axl & Slash to play together again. Not saying they should or shouldn't be, I just assumed that is all.

• Like 1

Seriously, just shut the fuck up. You are only cynical on here, just give it the occasional rest
idk if he's the only cynical one but there are some scary mindsets going on around here.. Especially the lame argument about it being pointless to have the old band play without new material. Lol get a life ya know?!
Are you capable of sharing your opinion without insulting people? Time time to grow up.

Gotta love banned members coming back just to t-roll.

Edited by Apollo

Are you capable of sharing your opinion without insulting people? Time time to grow up.

can you conduct yourself like an adult and have an actual conversation? You've already thrown insults at me pal... Nice try attempting to prove a point but you lose again. The one here who needs to grow up is you. You chase me all over each thread trying to prove a point that doesn't exist.

I want guns n roses to reunite. Try to stay on topic and contribute for once please

I get both sides of it but I was surprised by the amount of people saying they wouldn't be happy with just a tour.

Well I can get that we've heard the same songs for the most part but, it's all been them performing them separately. I think the original guys getting on stage together, same songs or not, would be really cool. It would also be cool to see that even axl rose can let go of grudges and move on. Technically we don't know how well they communicate now.. Are they friends?! Is this just a partnership for the sake of a reunion?

We don't know but it would be cool to find out..

can you conduct yourself like an adult and have an actual conversation? You've already thrown insults at me pal... Nice try attempting to prove a point but you lose again. The one here who needs to grow up is you. You chase me all over each thread trying to prove a point that doesn't exist.

I want guns n roses to reunite. Try to stay on topic and contribute for once please

Lol - "lose again"

Lol - chase you all over

Lol - get a life ya know

Ok kid.

Gotta love banned members that come back just to t-roll.

You should stop with the insults. Stop trying to constantly bait people. And maybe you won't get banned again. ???

lol at GNR fans holding out for new music if a reunion actually does happen.

I don't know what planet you guys are on, but new music from a group of musicians who haven't played together in more than 20 years is never anything to get excited about, the world is much better off without it. At best they'll get together for a string of shows playing the hits, and we should be more than grateful for that. Expecting or feeling entitled to new music from the classic lineup of Guns N' Roses is beyond hilarious, get your head out of your ass.

Lol - "lose again"

Lol - chase you all over

Lol - get a life ya know

Ok kid.

You should stop with the insults. Stop trying to constantly bait people. And maybe you won't get banned again.

Lmao I'm entertained by you. I really am. Thank you for providing me with my entertainment, friend.

I'm not baiting anybody at all. I'm discussing and having a great time. I'm a happy person.

Here's to the return of guns n roses!

Lol - "lose again"

Lol - chase you all over

Lol - get a life ya know

Ok kid.

You should stop with the insults. Stop trying to constantly bait people. And maybe you won't get banned again.

Lmao I'm entertained by you. I really am. Thank you for providing me with my entertainment, friend.

I'm not baiting anybody at all. I'm discussing and having a great time. I'm a happy person.

Alright, that's enough.

If you guys want to have a personal argument, take it to PMs. If you want to discuss this topic, do so here.

Is it really that surprising though? Axl and to a lesser extent Slash have really beaten the fantastic but limited GNR catalogue into the ground over the past fifteen years. Fifteen years is a long time to hear Appetite material at every single show.
No, I totally agree. I'd rather have new music myself. I was just surprised because I thought most people here would have just been happy for Axl & Slash to play together again. Not saying they should or shouldn't be, I just assumed that is all.

A lot of us saw GnR during their prime. And Axl has been touring all the classic GnR songs for more than a decade. So the idea of seeing the old guys get back together, at this stage of their career, to just play songs that they made famous 25 years ago just isn't that exciting.

Maybe if Axl hadn't been touring these same songs for the last 15 years then it would be different.

People use to complain about Axl basically playing the same set list over and over and over, year after year.

I personally am not excited about seeing the same show again, with just two different band members.

If Axl and Slash just wanna cash in on a juke box tour - more power to them. Hundreds of thousands if not millions will pay to go see that.

Just doesn't excite me.

I'm allowed to have my own opinion, even if the t-rolls disagree with it.

Lol - "lose again"

Lol - chase you all over

Lol - get a life ya know

Ok kid.

Alright, that's enough.

If you guys want to have a personal argument, take it to PMs. If you want to discuss this topic, do so here.

?
  • Like 1

A lot of us saw GnR during their prime. And Axl has been touring all the classic GnR songs for more than a decade. So the idea of seeing the old guys get back together, at this stage of their career, to just play songs that they made famous 25 years ago just isn't that exciting.

Maybe if Axl hadn't been touring these same songs for the last 15 years then it would be different.

People use to complain about Axl basically playing the same set list over and over and over, year after year.

I personally am not excited about seeing the same show again, with just two different band members.

If Axl and Slash just wanna cash in on a juke box tour - more power to them. Hundreds of thousands if not millions will pay to go see that.

Just doesn't excite me.

I'm allowed to have my own opinion, even if the t-rolls disagree with it.

Of course you're allowed to have your opinion. At no point has anyone said you aren't. Others have offered differing opions though as well as explanations behind them, which is their right as well. It doesn't mean their trolling just because of that.

Back on topic-

Like I said before; I get the reasoning, but that doesn't mean I'm any less surprised by the amount of people who feel that way. It seemed to me through the years that the largest complaints were either that Slash wasn't in the band or that they don't release new music. So I was thinking that the prospect of Slash being back would make a lot of people happy but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Personally, I'm at a "way & see" point on all of it. Whether or not Slash is even back, whether it's just a tour, whether they'll play any material from the time when they were split, etc etc etc.

I think even if Slash and Duff reunite with Axl for a tour, I don't think GNR will stay together and write new music. I don't think Axl will take it that far.

Well I wish they would. I have no reason to believe it's possible, maybe the opposite. But even if they re recorded appetite for destruction, it'd be awesome.

Personally I think it's fun to speculate what could come of a reunion but, realistically, we all need to see them get on stage and perform first. That alone still feels like a long shot. The one advantage I will say though, that they have as far as maybe getting back together is that the band is sober now. When they split, they weren't sober. Its possible especially since they're thinking different.

I get why people want new music if there is a reunion and I would love that as well but this idea that a reunion without new music would be boring is a minority opinion IMHO.

Even if it is just Axl, Slash and Duff from the AFD band I think fans will fight for tickets to see them finally play together again.

I am willing to bet the majority of posters here were too young to have seen the real thing so for them it would be great for them to at least get to see the core 3 play together again.

IMHO though new music without Izzy contributing would be missing the "secret sauce" that made the old band great. I truly hope if they do make new music he is involved in the writing even if he doesn't tour.

Edited by classicrawker

The main rumour seems to entail this hybrid idea. The hybrid plan is going to split people down the middle - it is inevitable. I find it nonsensical for instance yet it has its defenders.

Such is the nature of the beast?

Who says the original band is even an option? Izzy's not big on touring, he might not want to do anything more than a special appearance here and there if he feels like it. And Adler's Alder. Nobody can make any reasonable argument why excluding him is a bad idea.

I don't think a 'reformed' GNR, in any iteration, will care what anyone thinks on forums like this.

We're all basically the hard cores. And by 'we', I mean anyone that has posted anything on this forum. We make up less than 1% of fans of GNR. There are certainly other hardcore fans who don't feel obligated to follow the band on forums, but for the most part, 90% of GNR's fans are casual. No question about that. And all that matters to them is seeing Slash and Axl on the same stage. Pretty much anyone else could back them up and they'll sell out arenas... playing 'jukebox' hits.

Sadly, hardcore fans are usually looked at as a nuisance to these artists. To them, nothing will make hardcore fans happy. So they're only aiming to please the casual fan/general population.

Me? I'm certainly a hard core fan, saw the original band and the 'new' band a couple times. I'd be THRILLED to open my wallet to see just Axl and Slash on the same stage together with any other backing band... although I'd prefer to see Duff up there too. But Duff isn't a deal-breaker. All that matters to me, and casual fans, is the red head and the top hat.