The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

So? Where's the press junket? Where's the huge reunion announcement and festival tour schedule?

Let me guess: next year, right?

Scott Weiland is dead. An announcement isn't coming anytime soon.

Exactly, didn't think they'd make a December announcement anyway, but with what happened to Weiland I can't imagine GNR wanting to announce anything now.

So yes, Nice Guy, next year. That's an entire month away :lol:

From Jose Norberto Flesch twitter : https://twitter.com/jnflesch

Alan Dutra: Can you confirm that Guns N'Roses will be announced today as headliner at Reading Fest?

Flesch: I only know that it will be an intense day.

What a great answer. If nothing happens he's not to blame. If it happens he would go like "I told you". Win-win

Lol. Sounds like every fake insider on the boards.

NME are now reporting rumours that the reunion will be in 2017 with GN'R headlining Download and the Isle of Wight of Festival. http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/90142?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gunsnroses.

I wonder at what point we stop caring and move on. I want it to happen, and I hope they announce it, but fuck all if I'm waiting every day till 2017.

Also, what seems fishy about that is Slash would presumably be back with Myles and his solo band. Next year has all the makings of a perfect time. If you put something off in GNR land, it never gets done, and I have to imagine Slash will move onto the next thing. They'd be blowing it by not acting now. Or at least announcing it so people don't have to wait day to day. Cause many will lose interest if they don't announce till 17.

NME are now reporting rumours that the reunion will be in 2017 with GN'R headlining Download and the Isle of Wight of Festival. http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/90142?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gunsnroses.

I wonder at what point we stop caring and move on. I want it to happen, and I hope they announce it, but fuck all if I'm waiting every day till 2017.

Also, what seems fishy about that is Slash would presumably be back with Myles and his solo band. Next year has all the makings of a perfect time. If you put something off in GNR land, it never gets done, and I have to imagine Slash will move onto the next thing. They'd be blowing it by not acting now. Or at least announcing it so people don't have to wait day to day. Cause many will lose interest if they don't announce till 17.

Indeed. Plus this quote is a bit odd: "It's believed that a comeback tour won’t happen for another two years to allow Rose and Slash complete all their existing commitments." I mean what commitments does Axl have? He's pretty much without a band for one thing.

Slash has no commitments, Myles Kennedy is off with his other band next year. Axl has no commitments, or guitarists.

It may be true that they won't be playing any festivals in 2016 but not for the reasons given. I don't think their comeback show was ever going to be at a festival, though, so 2016 is still ON.

Wait a tick.

You guys are telling me that GNR were all set to hold their huge reunion press junket, but they canceled it because Weiland died overnight?

Yeah, Scott heard the announcement was coming today so he died so he could postpone it.

No. I'm just saying that if it were coming today (which I don't think it was), I'm sure it would have gotten pushed back after half of GNR's former singer from another band died. I don't think there's gonna be a big celebration for a reunion when a singer directly related to these guys has passed. Wouldn't be proper marketing for one, and two its just insensitive. The same way it would have been insensitive to announce a reunion after the Paris terrorist attacks (which happened very soon after the "Days Away" article came out).

The non-existent announcement keeps presumably getting pushed back by sad circumstances, but the good news is to remember the announcement was probably non-existent anyway.

Wait a tick.

You guys are telling me that GNR were all set to hold their huge reunion press junket, but they canceled it because Weiland died overnight?

Yes, just like couple of weeks ago they canceled the press release because of the paris shootings...

• Like 2

Exactly. Truth is none of these reporters have a damn clue if/when the band will reunite. All of these rumors spread like wildfire after Slash said he's cool with Axl again. Newspapers are firing writers every day and closing down shop, so lots of people are making up BS to try to be first. Oh wait Reading didn't happen? Let's make up some BS about 2017. To "show loyalty" to the current band? What? Hasn't Axl done that going on 20 years now. It's not like new musicians just joined the band and have never played with Axl before. What a total bull story. Bottom line is we all know Axl keeps his plans very close to the vest. I see nothing good in these articles but pure speculation. The fact that he hasn't squashed these rumors yet (he at least does that usually) tells me there may be something on but other than that these "journalists" have given us nothing.

I really want this to happen, I really do, but I'm really getting sick of every day wondering "Is this going to be the day they announce it?" Either announce something or shoot it down. Every thread on this forum lately has been about a reunion. Again, I really want it to happen, but I'm getting sick of speculating.