The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

If they cannot milk the 30th anniversary of AFD, then it will never happen

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (j/k no I'm not!)- but I keep seeing the "oh I guess they're waiting for the 30th Anny of Appetite" theory, but has it occurred to anyone that they did absolutely nothing to commemorate the 25 anniversary?

Isn't a 25th anniversary more significant than 30?

• Like 2

I am wanting to ask you all this question, how much do you all think Guns N Roses Reunion tickets will REALISTICALLY sell for???

I live in Austin, Texas currently.

I would ideally like to buy front row tickets, front and center stage.

Or I could also settle for like General Admission or Floor seats that are in the center of the stage within the first 1 to 6 rows.

I'm looking for REALISTIC and EDUCATED guesses here, so don't just pull a number out of nowhere. I mean, have something to base it on, such as for example what did tickets cost like that to see past reunions of bands like the Stones, Eagles, Van Halen etc???

Should I be able to buy a ticket for as low as $250 and expect to be that close to the stage?

I am willing to travel to another state if everything sells out here in TX and I can find a much better price and better seat in another state.

I've never saw a GNR concert before so this is a huge deal for me and I am quite poor so I am trying to guage how much I should save up so I can be prepared when tickets do go on sale.

Thanks.

Front row? You got to think a reunited GN'R would be in Rolling Stones territory as far as ticket prices go. I doubt you could score front row tickets to the Stones for $250. More like $850.
You think so?

If it's a two year tour and isn't all the classic band, you think people are gonna pay 850 bucks in every city?

I wouldn't pay $850 to see any band. Unless it included two nights hotel, rental car and partying with the band one night after the show.

Imagine how many presents for poor kids or meals for the homeless you could buy for $850.

People can spend their money however they want. Just for me personally, I would never spend that much money for a three hour music show.

Oh, I agree it's outrageous. But the people who were teenagers when Appetite came out are now in their 40's. Many of them will have no problem dropping $1000+ on some sweet nostalgia.

Once the scalpers buy them all front row will go for $10,000 if Adele's recent north American tour is any indication

I am wanting to ask you all this question, how much do you all think Guns N Roses Reunion tickets will REALISTICALLY sell for???

Or I could also settle for like General Admission or Floor seats that are in the center of the stage within the first 1 to 6 rows.

I'm looking for REALISTIC and EDUCATED guesses here, so don't just pull a number out of nowhere. I mean, have something to base it on, such as for example what did tickets cost like that to see past reunions of bands like the Stones, Eagles, Van Halen etc???

Should I be able to buy a ticket for as low as $250 and expect to be that close to the stage?

I am willing to travel to another state if everything sells out here in TX and I can find a much better price and better seat in another state.

I've never saw a GNR concert before so this is a huge deal for me and I am quite poor so I am trying to guage how much I should save up so I can be prepared when tickets do go on sale.

Thanks.

Front row? You got to think a reunited GN'R would be in Rolling Stones territory as far as ticket prices go. I doubt you could score front row tickets to the Stones for $250. More like $850.
You think so?

If it's a two year tour and isn't all the classic band, you think people are gonna pay 850 bucks in every city?

I wouldn't pay $850 to see any band. Unless it included two nights hotel, rental car and partying with the band one night after the show.

Imagine how many presents for poor kids or meals for the homeless you could buy for $850.

People can spend their money however they want. Just for me personally, I would never spend that much money for a three hour music show.

Oh, I agree it's outrageous. But the people who were teenagers when Appetite came out are now in their 40's. Many of them will have no problem dropping $1000+ on some sweet nostalgia.
Once the scalpers buy them all front row will go for $10,000 if Adele's recent north American tour is any indication

Lol.

Adele is about 10 times more popular than any current version of GnR.

I listen to Slash albums about once every 24 years though. But I listen to CD everyday since 2008. Axl has also put out more songs that I care about since 2000 than any other artist living or dead.

So I'm frustrated and grateful. It's like Chelsea, win the league but then get relegated the next season.

You must live a cloistered life

That quote is pretty fucking concrete evidence that the REUNION IS NOT HAPPENING! Jesus...

Nah man. I agree it doesn't make things look great, but it still doesn't explain why all GNR members have gone underground. I need a logical reason thats happened for me to believe no reunion. Cause this is very untypical of their behavior.

That quote is pretty fucking concrete evidence that the REUNION IS NOT HAPPENING! Jesus...

Nah man. I agree it doesn't make things look great, but it still doesn't explain why all GNR members have gone underground. I need a logical reason thats happened for me to believe no reunion. Cause this is very untypical of their behavior.

How about busy with the holidays and their families like the rest of America?

I listen to Slash albums about once every 24 years though. But I listen to CD everyday since 2008. Axl has also put out more songs that I care about since 2000 than any other artist living or dead.

So I'm frustrated and grateful. It's like Chelsea, win the league but then get relegated the next season.

They might not get relegated but I see some paralells between Jose and Axl. The bat's the belfry.

Well, one could argue that:

Izzy and Axl have always been underground, they rarely speak and Axl could just be trying to let the rumors die off until the next time we see GN'R and they are ready to go back out there again with or without Slash/Duff (this would also mean that the hiatus might be longer than what most believe it's going to be)

Slash already said what he had to say, and then went hiding because of all the speculation he started

Duff doesn't do that many interviews and plus he is also working on a solo album just like Slash

Adler actually believes the rumors and is doing his best not to give a reason as to why he shouldn't been there (had he started tgis years ago he would probably have a chance)

Dizzy I don't know, but I don't think no one doubts that he's still in

Pitman when was the last time he did an interview? If I remember correctly (and I could very well be wrong) the last time it was a day before Going Down leaked (thank you Pitman for pissing of some hoarder out there)

Frank and Fortus: the first one just appeared in GN'R's Facebook to promote the bands products, something he wouldn't be doing if he wasn't a part of the project anymore and the later one has done quite some interviews where it leaves clear that he's still inside the band.

Tommy: same as Pitman, but according to the last interview he did, it seems he wants to take next year to work on his solo career (great new for me as I'm a bigger fan of his solo albums than I am of any song Duff has ever written (no offense to Duff) )

Ron: out

Ashba: out with a "moving" letter

Buckethead: if you get him to come back I will give you my house.

Robin: if you get him, I'll might let you sleep on the couch for a while

Brain: if Ferrer is still he won't take his spot

Sorum: almost important, almost.

Gilby: he's the guy that Sorum looks up when he wants to feel important.

Paul: probably will still be featured heavily on the next record if it comes out but he won't be a part of the touring line up

Tracii and the rest of the originals pre Slash/Duff/Adler: no one knows, no one cares and dead, so I think we don't need to worry about them

they are delaying the announcement because star wars is released this weekend

i'll probably happen on new years....can't wait for my "the Reunion starts now "01-01-16" t-shirt

maybe they'll announce it on June 6th so the date on the shirt is 6-6-16...666 is total rock n roll man

Edited by -W.A.R-

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer (j/k no I'm not!)- but I keep seeing the "oh I guess they're waiting for the 30th Anny of Appetite" theory, but has it occurred to anyone that they did absolutely nothing to commemorate the 25 anniversary?

Nope

Plus that was in 2011 when Axl still hasn't toured properly after CD came out

a 30th anniversary is more significant

• Like 1

Well, one could argue that:

Izzy and Axl have always been underground, they rarely speak and Axl could just be trying to let the rumors die off until the next time we see GN'R and they are ready to go back out there again with or without Slash/Duff (this would also mean that the hiatus might be longer than what most believe it's going to be)

Slash already said what he had to say, and then went hiding because of all the speculation he started

Duff doesn't do that many interviews and plus he is also working on a solo album just like Slash

Adler actually believes the rumors and is doing his best not to give a reason as to why he shouldn't been there (had he started tgis years ago he would probably have a chance)

Dizzy I don't know, but I don't think no one doubts that he's still in

Pitman when was the last time he did an interview? If I remember correctly (and I could very well be wrong) the last time it was a day before Going Down leaked (thank you Pitman for pissing of some hoarder out there)

Frank and Fortus: the first one just appeared in GN'R's Facebook to promote the bands products, something he wouldn't be doing if he wasn't a part of the project anymore and the later one has done quite some interviews where it leaves clear that he's still inside the band.

Tommy: same as Pitman, but according to the last interview he did, it seems he wants to take next year to work on his solo career (great new for me as I'm a bigger fan of his solo albums than I am of any song Duff has ever written (no offense to Duff) )

Ron: out

Ashba: out with a "moving" letter

Buckethead: if you get him to come back I will give you my house.

Robin: if you get him, I'll might let you sleep on the couch for a while

Brain: if Ferrer is still he won't take his spot

Sorum: almost important, almost.

Gilby: he's the guy that Sorum looks up when he wants to feel important.

Paul: probably will still be featured heavily on the next record if it comes out but he won't be a part of the touring line up

Tracii and the rest of the originals pre Slash/Duff/Adler: no one knows, no one cares and dead, so I think we don't need to worry about them

Dude. Ever heard of something called "punctuation"?

This is a disgrace

• Like 1

Appetite For Democracy. :lol:

Thanks.

You think so?

Lol.

10? I would make that 100000000000.

Thanks.

You think so?

Lol.

I think you're extrapolating.

For me, there's no denial statement from GNR because it's fucking GNR and that would be waaaay too obvious!! I don't read anything into that.

Ax simply just doesn't take the easy road.

The possible reason Slash, Duff etc are not coming out and simply denying it is because they'd love to do it and probably hope it will happen and possibly enjoy the fact that everyone is pushing for it.

Then again it could all be true and who the fuck knows? :wow:

They might not get relegated but I see some paralells between Jose and Axl. The bat's the belfry.

Cuervo?

Thanks.

You think so?

Lol.

an adele concert , imo, wouldn't be very exciting. she has a great voice no doubt but not much in the performance category from what i've seen. i'd rather go see a rock concert.

i'm probably in the minority since everyone is going crazy for her tour but i definitely wouldn't pay ridiculous amounts to be there. i think i'm going to try and score ac/dc tix.

Thanks.

You think so?

Lol.

I think you're extrapolating.

Dunno how much more popular Adele is compared to new GNR, but this made me curious about the popularity of Adele in comparison to GNR in general. So I did some research. Adele is the second most listened artist on Spotify at the moment. GNR is 177th most popular. Adele has 25,164,745 monthly listeners. GNR has 4,072,500 monthly listeners.

Another interesting thing I found out was that GNR and Nirvana are almost exactly as popular. Nirvana is the 178th most popular artist with 4,070,121 monthly listeners. I was actually a bit surprised. I though Nirvana was more popular than GNR.

Anyway, just wanted to share this info cause some people here might be interested.

So is there a reunion yet?

nope, this week the announcement was delayed because of star wars opening, next week it will be delayed because of christmas, the following week we will get a delay because of new years, then it may be further delayed by the MLK holiday. Too much stuff going on to announce this.

Also, they're waiting for the 30th anniversary of the first time Del kissed Axl's ass.

:lol: