The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

For all the people whining 3-4 times a day about the lack of an announcement, where did the "days away" information originate? From what I can tell, it was from a single source who was wrong. Doesn't mean anything else, one way or the other.

Re: the link discussed above regarding announcement dates for Coachella. If they are negotiating to pay GNR a large sum of money to headline, assuming Sp1at's info hasn't been debunked, and using the list below as a guide, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the headliner will be announced sometime in January.

Posted by Sp1at:

Previous announcement dates for Coachella;

2006 - Jan 31st

2007 - Jan 22nd

2008 - Jan 22nd

2009 - Jan 30th

2010 - Jan 19th

2011 - Jan 19th

2012 - Jan 9th

2013 - Jan 21st

2014 - Jan 8th

2015 - Jan 6th

The announcements have been earlier recently, but seven out of the last ten have happened in the second half of January

Who is "whining" and who is whining 3-4 times a day?

The reunion rumors have been going on for a couple months. Several months ago Fernando said he had a big announcement coming up. Axl hasn't commented on any of the reunion rumors.

His die-hard fans are wondering what the status of the band is. Two members have quit. Reunion rumors are rampant. GnR hasn't released an album in over seven years. Why can't he keep his fans in the loop on the status of the band ??

No other band in the world would do what Axl is doing in this situation.

Nobody is whining. Fans are just annoyed that Axl can't take 30 seconds and give them an update on the status of their favorite band.

I think an "official" announcement from anyone involved with the GNR reunion at this point would be a extremely terrible idea since it looks like the plans to tour are set of later next year.

If the official word came from any of the members of GNR right now and for some reason it feel apart could you imagine the fall out that person or persons would have to deal with, it would be just terrible even if they were not the reason for the reunion not happening.

We all know all to well in GNR world nothing is concrete until they either take the stage or release new music.

I personally don't for see an announcement until everything is set in stone as far as touring. Also if there is new music to come out to go with the touring that would also have to be completed before anyone says a word.

I just don't see anything coming for at least 1-4 months. As early as 1-2 months if they are doing festivals and 4 months if a summer tour is what will kick off the reunion.

We will be playing the waiting game for at least a month or 2.

I just feel the reunion is a very fragile thing right now and it wouldn't take much at all to derail it at this point.

Edited by bigcountry

For all the people whining 3-4 times a day about the lack of an announcement, where did the "days away" information originate? From what I can tell, it was from a single source who was wrong. Doesn't mean anything else, one way or the other.

Re: the link discussed above regarding announcement dates for Coachella. If they are negotiating to pay GNR a large sum of money to headline, assuming Sp1at's info hasn't been debunked, and using the list below as a guide, I am going to go out on a limb and predict the headliner will be announced sometime in January.

Posted by Sp1at:

Previous announcement dates for Coachella;

2006 - Jan 31st

2007 - Jan 22nd

2008 - Jan 22nd

2009 - Jan 30th

2010 - Jan 19th

2011 - Jan 19th

2012 - Jan 9th

2013 - Jan 21st

2014 - Jan 8th

2015 - Jan 6th

The announcements have been earlier recently, but seven out of the last ten have happened in the second half of January

Who is "whining" and who is whining 3-4 times a day?

The reunion rumors have been going on for a couple months. Several months ago Fernando said he had a big announcement coming up. Axl hasn't commented on any of the reunion rumors.

His die-hard fans are wondering what the status of the band is. Two members have quit. Reunion rumors are rampant. GnR hasn't released an album in over seven years. Why can't he keep his fans in the loop on the status of the band ??

No other band in the world would do what Axl is doing in this situation.

Nobody is whining. Fans are just annoyed that Axl can't take 30 seconds and give them an update on the status of their favorite band.

There are always a few people who make the same point over and over. I was referring to them.

Obviously there's a lot of money on the line. Right now all lines of communication are closed. It seems clear to me that (a) somebody somewhere has decided on the ideal time and place to make this announcement, and that date has not yet arrived, (b) there are various negotiations that are still ongoing, or © an announcement that John 5, Paul Huge and Billy Sheehan have joined the band for the next leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour, will be announced "soon".

As for your other point, Axl hasn't kept his fans in the loop since 1992.

why is this thread with a "blood boiling" title became the official reunion thread?

I cringe every time i read the days away part

Yeah, I hear that. I was thinking about changing the title of the thread but I honestly have no clue what to change it to.

why is this thread with a "blood boiling" title became the official reunion thread?

Yeah, I hear that. I was thinking about changing the title of the thread but I honestly have no clue what to change it to.

"gnr are probably announcing a reunion tour soon"

"gnr are probably announcing a reunion tour soon"

You can't be serious.

Not into those guys but that's funny. Also despite what some kids on here say,that is probably the reaction of the general rock fan. If there was a Forum version it'd be Fuck GNR without the AFD five (and to a lesser extent,Sorum) Edited by Subtle Signs