The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

If they aren't booked for Coachella and we hear nothing by the first week of January, I think chances get significantly slimmer.

Best thing to do I say, to keep the mystery brewing, is offer those clips to the website on New Year's Eve, then boldly announce the reunion in the first week of the new year. Unfortunately for some fans, this would mean Coachella would be their first show.

Most casuals have seen the Ritz performance on youtube, and that is the embodiment of GNR to them. I think the appeal of the full classic line-up is underestimated on these boards.

Yeah Axl and Slash are the big draws, especially business wise, but I don't think you can team them with just anyone. No need to downtalk the classic members. They all contributed to GNR's lasting legacy.

I can't believe people on here would be mad if it doesn't include Izzy. The man is 50 plus years old and I can't see him wanting to commit to a long tour. He doesn't need the money or the spotlight. I don't think anyone (besides BBA )would skip the tour because of Adler not playing but I hope he gets at least one last moment on the big stage with Guns.

Duff and Slash are also 50. Axl is 53. Lots of the biggest touring acts are 50+. Aerosmith, Stones, Sabbath, Metallica, Springsteen, U2 etc. If you think he's not capable of touring because of inactivity, say so. His age isn't a factor, unless he has health issues.

And we don't even know if there's going to be a long tour, or what kind of schedule they will have. So it's not impossible that Izzy will be there. Playing a few festivals, which seems to be plan, is not that gruelling.

I've never down talked the classic lineup. The importance of Adler,Izzy,etc.seems to be dismissed by those who weren't old enough to be around for the real deal. As far as Izzy goes ,yeah I can see him popping up for a guest appearance or two.I brought up his age because he seems to be content not playing live and just enjoying the fruits of his labor.

That bit wasn't directed at you. It was a general comment, because whenever talk of the possible reunion line-up comes up, some people start downtalking everyone who isn't Slash or Axl.

Axl with a bandana, without that jacket and all the shit, no hat, no glasses, just an Appetite shirt, leans against Slash's shoulder and goes on a long rant about forgiveness and not taking the negative shit to his grave. He then cracks a joke about people picking on his weight, says Slash is also fat, who gives a fuck, fuck off. Then rasps the shit out of YCBM.

THIS!

Even if it's A/S/D/R/F/D for a lineup, I don't see any way they don't eventually have Izzy come out for a song now and then, and if you put A/S/D/I in a room together, there's no way they don't at least talk about doing ONE song with Matt and/or Steven. I want the AFD lineup + DR, but I'll take Duff and Slash coming back for the time being.

Ok, I'm just gonna leave this here. There is absolutely no way in hell anybody besides Steven should play live on the AFD tracks. He clearly still has it. Watch this if you haven't.

Fuck, even you're on board with this reunion thing... :P.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm just gonna leave this here. There is absolutely no way in hell anybody besides Steven should play live on the AFD tracks. He clearly still has it. Watch this if you haven't.

I was the biggest new GnR fan around '06 up until '12. Axl has been treading water for years though. Where else is he gonna take it? TWO VEGAS RESIDENCIES! Might as well reform the original lineup as best we can, tour and hopefully put out new music. I do still want to hear everything from the CD sessions though. But that era is clearly over.

• Like 1

I was the biggest new GnR fan around '06 up until '12. Axl has been treading water for years though. Where else is he gonna take it? TWO VEGAS RESIDENCIES! Might as well reform the original lineup as best we can, tour and hopefully put out new music. I do still want to hear everything from the CD sessions though. But that era is clearly over.

I just find the whole thing very disappointing.