The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

This is all just so unbelievable. After so many years of Axl swearing it will never happen and proving he is willing to go it alone he must have finally had enough. That last Vegas residency had to be depressing playing to the stiffs fresh off the slot machines. He was also obviously upimpressed with Bumblefoot's and DJ's offerings as far as writing new music. Axl's muse is Slash and vice versa. This makes me so happy.

Yeah imagine how pathetic the "new band's" songwriting efforts must have been. Axl didn't even bother with them. I'm sure he's heard plenty of what Ron and DeeJay and etc etc can do, and I'm sure it was absolute garbage compared to the gold of AFD and UYI.

Yeah imagine how pathetic the "new band's" songwriting efforts must have been. Axl didn't even bother with them. I'm sure he's heard plenty of what Ron and DeeJay and etc etc can do, and I'm sure it was absolute garbage compared to the gold of AFD and UYI.

We know they were not good without even hearing them. We knew DJ would suck after about 2 seconds of hearing him. This is why Axl should have made him audition lol.

We know they were not good without even hearing them. We knew DJ would suck after about 2 seconds of hearing him. This is why Axl should have made him audition lol.

Yeah... Maybe don't hire musicians based on how much you liked them that one time you met years prior..

There are so many "It would be wonderful ifs" here. I wonder how many will come true...

- It would be wonderful if we do hear something this week, after all this time of waiting.

- It would be wonderful if the news includes new music.

- It would be wonderful if at least some of that music involves original GN'R members.

- It would be wonderful if that music hits us the same way as the original music did.

- It would be wonderful if there is a tour.

- It would be wonderful if that tour involves original GN'R members.

- It would be wonderful if that tour is not confined to the USA.

- It would be wonderful if that tour is not confined to festivals.

- It would be wonderful if the band sounds great.

- It would be wonderful if ticket prices are affordable.

- It would be wonderful if the first concert is televised worldwide.

- It would be wonderful if they do at least one interview.

- It would be wonderful (though that may be somewhat more controversial than the above) if they get rid of the gimmicky stage stuff like the dancers. This wouldn't be Vegas, and they don't need it.

Fingers crossed!

FYI this entire things is extremely calculated. This will be no different than 99% of the older bands today who still perform. Different managers, different entourages, different planes, different limos and different dressing rooms. They are going to do their thing and then part ways every night. The biggest hurdle were the legal issues stemming from some 15 plus years ago. Since everything has apparently sorted out it will be business as usual from here on out.

I'm all for insider info, but who are you to say what the guys do after the shows? Lol

He's right though. An absolute ton of touring bands don't really speak, hang around after shows or even share dressing rooms, tour buses or even management.

They don't need to be the best of mates for this to work. They just need to work to the same schedule. Work is the key word here. It's work for them. A job.

It's gonna be superb though and I've been dying to see as close to the classic line-up as I can for 20 years. I've seen Slash, VR, Loaded and GnR with Izzy (twice). I've seen all those elements do the classics. But I've never seen any of them do the classics together. That's what I'm excited about. The greatest band of all time finally getting back together for 1 more run.

• Like 1

FYI this entire things is extremely calculated. This will be no different than 99% of the older bands today who still perform. Different managers, different entourages, different planes, different limos and different dressing rooms. They are going to do their thing and then part ways every night. The biggest hurdle were the legal issues stemming from some 15 plus years ago. Since everything has apparently sorted out it will be business as usual from here on out.

I'm all for insider info, but who are you to say what the guys do after the shows? Lol
He's right though. An absolute ton of touring bands don't really speak, hang around after shows or even share dressing rooms, tour buses or even management.

They don't need to be the best of mates for this to work. They just need to work to the same schedule. Work is the key word here. It's work for them. A job.

It's gonna be superb though and I've been dying to see as close to the classic line-up as I can for 20 years. I've seen Slash, VR, Loaded and GnR with Izzy (twice). I've seen all those elements do the classics. But I've never seen any of them do the classics together. That's what I'm excited about. The greatest band of all time finally getting back together for 1 more run.

This is pretty well known though especially for people who care enough about music to post on a message board. I don't care if Axl and Slash aren't out hitting the town together as long as we get great three hour shows. It's well known the members of Motley Crue (well Tommy and Vince)can't stand each other but they do their job together on stage every night. Maybe that's a bad example since Crue are fucking terrible live these days. But yeah,nobody expects multimillionaire 50 year olds to be bro-ing down after the show. Maybe that happens with younger up and coming bands but GNR,Motley,Aerosmith etc.,not so much.

First post in a loooong time..I was so over this band for about the last year or so, and was to the point of thinking Axl's retired, we'll never see or hear from him again..But it's about to go down bitches! Good to be back! I have a feeling tomorrow's gonna be a good day!

This is pretty well known though especially for people who care enough about music to post on a message board. I don't care if Axl and Slash aren't out hitting the town together as long as we get great three hour shows. It's well known the members of Motley Crue (well Tommy and Vince)can't stand each other but they do their job together on stage every night. Maybe that's a bad example since Crue are fucking terrible live these days. But yeah,nobody expects multimillionaire 50 year olds to be bro-ing down after the show. Maybe that happens with younger up and coming bands but GNR,Motley,Aerosmith etc.,not so much.

I didn't know that about Tommy and Vince (not a big Crue fan), but listen. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards don't speak off stage. Joe Perry and Steven Tyler probably don't either. I would LOVE GNR to put on a show as good as the Stones or Aerosmith do every night. Those guys are consumate professionals that set aside all their differences and give people the show they want. They interact on stage, they smile at each other, they sing in the same mic. Just do that kind of thing and I'll be happy.

Not having Adler up for just even one song would be the utmost in cruelty on all of their parts. Yeah, if you take him on tour, he'll probably OD and die. But good lord, let the bastard play Rocket Queen or something.

And anyway, I still think this is just a film biopic and big licensing deal for merch and video slots etc.

It would be hilarious if there was no reunion and all the backstage negotiating was because of a movie and merch deal. It would be funny to watch all the insiders we have on here talk their way out of that one.

Not having Adler up for just even one song would be the utmost in cruelty on all of their parts. Yeah, if you take him on tour, he'll probably OD and die. But good lord, let the bastard play Rocket Queen or something.

And anyway, I still think this is just a film biopic and big licensing deal for merch and video slots etc.

It would be hilarious if there was no reunion and all the backstage negotiating was because of a movie and merch deal. It would be funny to watch all the insiders we have on here talk their way out of that one.

Yeah, they shelled out big bucks on a trailer for a documentary and merch deal...

Yeah, they shelled out big bucks on a trailer for a documentary and merch deal...

This is very low-cost in relative terms of an advertising campaign. Extremely low.

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

Edited by grogmug
  • Like 2

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..
  • Like 1

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

A lot of people said it was sarcasm. Personally I think it seems legit, as did his apology.

How much did it cost them?

You think their big plan is to do subtle teasers at movie theaters that say absolutely nothing? Why? Why not spend zero dollars and just announce it?

Some of you are so dense. That diet comment was OBVIOUSLY a sarcastic remark. No one would seriously divulge someone's diet and fitness to validate an apology. :facepalm:

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.