The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I didn't want an autograph or a picture. I just thought he was a little full of himself. The guy lucked out in getting the job he has. The ultimate Wayne and Garth fantasy.

He is very well known for being full of himself.

Most people don't care though, as most people aren't celebrity worshippers and know that most famous people are usually arrogant.

You love Axl. But run up to him next time you see him at a restaurant eating dinner or go knock on his front door. See what happens.

He lucked out getting his job? Lol. For somebody who complained about on-line haters, you sure talk a lot of crap about the celebs you don't like.

Trunk got his career by years of hard work. You don't just luck out and reach the top of your field. He did it through spending grueling hours on the road covering bands and concerts. For decades.

Listen - I can't stand the guy. Seems like an arrogant asshole.

But to downgrade his information and his career just because he didn't placate you like some other celebs have.....that just seems a little juvenile

Ugh, i would say i fully agree with you, but we shouldn't put Trunk on a piedestal

Yeah, he works hard like a coal miner lol

That being said, Trunk just says what everybody is guessing since the Coachella rumours... not a big deal really

he interviewed Axl nearly 10 years ago and SLash started to avoid him lately

I wonder why...

Crash Diet - Trunk interviewed Axl in 2011. That's four years ago.

In what world does 4 years equal "nearly 10 years ago."

GROGHAN

I missed it, lol

My point still stands, though

But keep defending Trunk

Edited by Strange Broue

be wary of assuming those posts over there from anonymous members are all correct. Stevie (CEO of MetalSludge) no doubt has his connections, but some of these other guys popping up are newly registered and could just be saying whatever they want to spread rumours.

Agreed. Stevie broke the Ashba hiring so he could be getting his info from Dj but no doubt that if he says it's Axl,Slash,Duff with guest spots from Izzy and Adler,I'm inclined to believe him.

Izzy is highly possible

He played with Axl's coverband numerus times

Adler would be a bit odd, but a few guest spots would be OK.Bbringing him in full time, would destroy this reunion, 100%

I'm glad to see that we've expanded our roles of critics, producers, managers, and promoters to now include personal training and nutrition.

Lol!

As a personal trainer, ive seen 50 year olds with bad ankles and knees still able to improve their shape and their endurance in less than three months when they are extremely motivated, follow their meal plans and go to gym 4 times a week. Axls got this.

Edited by Frozen Inferno

Axl thought of having two dummers back in 2009, I think this is something that Frank could do with Steven on Rocket Queen as he did with Tool live many times.

This would be a bigger "circus" moment than the entire UYI tour with the horn chicks etc.

But y'know what? The audience would like it!

Because it's somethiing new, and it will add some more to the shows

On another note: I wanna see TOOL so bad....

Edited by Strange Broue

dave grohl will be the drummer according to this site: http://portalternativo.com/2015/12/24829/

(grohl is duff's friend)

This would be even more hilarious than if they play with Ferrer....

Ex Nirvana drummer with GNR

Jesus fucking Christ

What a terrible, terrible idea

Not because of Grohl's skills, he is a fucking great drummer, but pls fuck off from GNR....

Axl thought of having two dummers back in 2009, I think this is something that Frank could do with Steven on Rocket Queen as he did with Tool live many times.

wow never knew he played with tool before

Tool is awesome!

From DJ Ashba's instagram:

smacthesminc I saw you play in Newcastle, Australia. I thought you were fantastic and the band played that good that the music overshadowed Axl. At the time I thought what a great musician you were with really good tatts. My virgin daughter screamed like you were a Beatle which I admit did put me a bit off you. But now you're back in the US all the best D J Ashba. G'n'R loss is your gain. I personally think Axl Rose let his age and jealously overrun everything again. I'm betting they won't even finish the world tour intact let alone recreate magic that they lost 30 yrs ago. Good luck and all the best. xxx.

djashba@smacthesminc I really appreciate your kind words!! And tell your daughter thank you for the love n support! Much appreciated!

1d

Disgusting

It would be disgusting if some REAL rockstar receive this message, let alone DJ Assba....

dave grohl will be the drummer according to this site: http://portalternativo.com/2015/12/24829/

(grohl is duff's friend)

Jesus fucking Christ

Not because of Grohl's skills, he is a fucking great drummer, but pls fuck off from GNR....

Today is the April Fools day equivalent here in SA.

(Latest post from Stevie Rachelle)

I love Steven more than anything. But regardless if he's been clean a few years or not, the track record over 20 years is not doing him any favors. Like someone else mentioned, do you have any idea what is at stake? There are gonna be stadium shows, that will bring in millions of dollars. And the shows will be mararthon. Axl is known to play 2.5-3 hours now. These shows are gonna be huge epic productions, and the recent band has been like 7-8 or 9 players. There is NO way they do it w/ 5 guys. And with all respect, Adler could not pull it off alone. No way. Frank is a machine. Regardless of him not being an OG, or a rock star, he's a very high rate pro-drummer. That is what Axl wants. Then he's had 3 gtrsts, 2 key players and himself on piano. This show will be massive and included many moving parts. If Steven gets brought in even as a guest for a song or two, he should be happy. And if he says anything off the chains negative about the band or Axl - it'll immediately lower any chance he has by a mile. Izzy doesn't care. Period. Anyone barking about him is kidding themselves. If Axl begged him, he wouldn't do it. But he will show up at a few shows and do 2-3 songs. Get ready. I am hearing Jan. 6th is a big day.

$tEvil

matt is a machine too, he's a better drummer than ferrer.

steven should be invited to play a couple of songs

Stevie Rachelle mentioned Axl having a problem with Matt so I don't see that as an option. Realistically the drummer and Izzy playing or not playing isn't going to hurt ticket sales but yeah Adler deserves to be up there,if only for a few songs. That last line sums it all up about Izzy,"He wouldn't do a full tour if Axl begged him" Selfishly, I wish Axl,Slash and Duff could have convinced him. There are millions of fans who never saw Izzy play with the real deal GNR.

Izzy stated in 2001, that he would do a reunion in a heartbeat

I would believe that quote directly from Izzy's mouth than a washed up has been one hit wonder dude's "insider" connections

The dude basially says what anyone here can say: his opinion

(grohl is duff's friend)

Jesus fucking Christ

Today is the April Fools day equivalent here in SA.

Thanks, i started to worry for a minute :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

You know that is why i will NEVER see this as a proper reunion, no mater who will play in this upcoming reunion

On a personal level, they fucked up this thing for life...

You can say that it doesn't matter if this is a cash rgab, because everything is a cash grab nowadays, but the original spirit of this band died a long time ago and it will never come back, no matter how many shows they will play in the future, how many records (if any) they will put out etc.

• Like 1

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

You know that is why i will NEVER see this as a proper reunion, no mater who will play in this upcoming reunion

On a personal level, they fucked up this thing for life...

You can say that it doesn't matter if this is a cash rgab, because everything is a cash grab nowadays, but the original spirit of this band died a long time ago and it will never come back, no matter how many shows they will play in the future, how many records (if any) they will put out etc.

What a crock of utter dogshit. No offence, but seriously... you're talking crap.

I'm assuming people forgot about Slash's brother commenting on Axl being on a strict diet. That says it all right there. The last time he got into top shape was 2006 when he started believing in Chinese Democracy again (even though it came out 2 years later). I'm fairly certain that it's going down.

That's a point I've made a few times. Lol I doubt slashs brother would have made that up just for kicks so, it did confirm that they've been speaking regardless of being skeptical about it. No question axl is doing everything he can to get in the best shape vocally and physically for this thing. Let's hope it works out for him..

In all seriousness, how long do you think it would take Axl to get into the shape he needs to be in? To sing and move around like the old Axl? Or at least an Axl for his age? Cause I genuinely don't know. Is that like a year's worth of getting in shape? Working out, singing, breathing techniques, eating right. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for Axl who in his own words always seemed against a reunion. I think thats what gets a lot of people. It requires the absolute most work from Axl, which in all honesty we haven't seen from him in 20 years. He has to go through so much, all while the other guys generally don't have to do anything. I just figured the "on a strict diet" was just a way to talk Axl up. Doesn't necessarily have to be true but at least its not an insult.

That's because Axl let himself go way more than any one

Iz's fuckin retarted to think than Steven or Izzy would be a part of reunion lineup...

it will be a pretty massive tour...

-Steven can be happy to play a couple of songs

-and Izzy isn't man who can do 2 years tour

For me Axl,Slash,Duff,Richard,Frank (Matt),Dizzy will be a perfect reunion combination...

but to be a real a whole reunion storY is deal between Axl and Slash

I still think the most important question is..will they play KOHD Axl's way or the old way?

I hope the old way with reggae involved.

Hopefully they retire that shit

KOHD is over rated, but if the band is reuniting, then I do want them to play it in the old style, seriously whenever I look at tokyo 92 or even Tokyo 88, it blows off my mind. IF Fortus is there, then I hope he doesn't plays any solo's.