The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Not to mention that it's highly unlikely that Slash would agree to adding parts to Axl's NuGNR songs. Copying and pasting solos isn't how Slash rolls. In the unlikely event that Axl and Slash record a new album together, I can imagine Slash and Duff wanting to make sure it is a legitimate GNR creation, not 15 year old songs written by Robin Finck, Brain and Buckethead.

There is a slim chance that perhaps one or two of Axl's 99-06 songs may get re-recorded and worked on by Slash/Duff, but I really don't see them just rolling over and agreeing to add guitar and bass parts to Axl's so-called "vision." That ship sailed years ago.

It's all a moot point anyway, as Axl is more than likely too lazy to ever commit to recording a new album. 2 new songs tacked on to a greatest hits is the most we could hope for out of Axl and even then, he might flake out due to the sheer stress of it all.

But the CD ll songs, and everything Axl has in the vault is unreleased material. I mean... even if you look at those as just Axl solo tunes, technically, they can be worked on by Slash and Duff. They naturally sound good on Axl tunes cause they share perfect musical chemistry.

Slash came up with an idea that became a Chinese tune according to Fortus. Izzy wrote Down By The Ocean. Slash is good at injecting the Gn'R personality to Axl type stuff.

Like November Rain and Estranged. Didn't sound much like Guns in their earliest form. Slash didn't like those it seems. He did it then, and the result was great. Do you honestly believe he won't do it now if Axl wanted him to? after 20 years of not working with him? I think it's at least possible.

It's just Axl ballads and more hard rocking shit. My guess is Slash will be more open to working on Axl's material. Duff as well, if shit goes well for long enough for them to even attempt it, but I'm optimistic.

Axl worked years on this material. He's probably attached to the songs as an artist. If he really views Chinese and CD ll as one double album, I think he'll want it released. He replaced Izzy's guitar for Spaghetti Incident with Gilby's, he added Bumble and Frank after he thought Chinese will be released in 2006.

So it's bigger than just Slash and Duff. Axl likes to add whoever is in the band to the album. And if it's Slash and Duff, I'd imagine it will be hard to resist, since they're both a huge part of the Guns sound and their feedback alone on the material is valuable as fuck.

Edited by Rovim

Not to mention that it's highly unlikely that Slash would agree to adding parts to Axl's NuGNR songs. Copying and pasting solos isn't how Slash rolls. In the unlikely event that Axl and Slash record a new album together, I can imagine Slash and Duff wanting to make sure it is a legitimate GNR creation, not 15 year old songs written by Robin Finck, Brain and Buckethead.

There is a slim chance that perhaps one or two of Axl's 99-06 songs may get re-recorded and worked on by Slash/Duff, but I really don't see them just rolling over and agreeing to add guitar and bass parts to Axl's so-called "vision." That ship sailed years ago.

It's all a moot point anyway, as Axl is more than likely too lazy to ever commit to recording a new album. 2 new songs tacked on to a greatest hits is the most we could hope for out of Axl and even then, he might flake out due to the sheer stress of it all.

But the CD ll songs, and everything Axl has in the vault is unreleased material. I mean... even if you look at those as just Axl solo tunes, technically, they can be worked on by Slash and Duff.

Slash came up with an idea that became a Chinese tune according to Fortus. Izzy wrote Down By The Ocean. Slash is good at injecting the Gn'R personality to Axl type stuff.

Like November Rain and Estranged. Slash didn't like those it seems. He did it then, and the result was great. Do you honestly believe he won't do it now if Axl wanted him to? after 20 years of not working with him? I think it's at least possible.

It's just Axl ballads and more hard rocking shit. My guess is Slash will be more open to working on Axl's material. Duff as well, if shit goes well for long enough for them to even attempt it, but I'm optimistic.

Axl worked years on this material. He's probably attached to the songs as an artist. If he really views Chinese and CD ll as one double album, I think he'll want it released. He replaced Izzy's guitar for Spaghetti Incident with Gilby's, he Added Bumble and Frank after he thought Chinese will be released in 2006.

So it's bigger than just Slash and Duff. Axl likes to add whoever is in the band to the album. And if it's Slash and Duff, I'd imagine it will be hard to resist, since they're both a huge part of the sound and their feedback alone on the material is valuable as fuck.

Nah, the moment Axl steps out onto the same stage as Slash, the very notion of CDII is dead in the water. To be honest, it is already.

Like I said, I could potentially see Slash and Duff agreeing to re-work on some of Axl's material, but I don't see Slash's ego allowing himself to being reduced to Bumblefoot status on a GNR record (ie, adding a guitar solo here or a few rhythm licks there).

Assuming a reunion (even with a hybrid lineup), I wonder if they would sprinkle in some stuff from CD into their set? Obviously Duff knows and has played those songs, but could be interesting to hear Slash's take on the solo for This I Love or some other tracks. If Axl could get Slash to play the CD tracks, it would almost legitimize CD in a way, as well as being the ultimate irony (imagine Slash playing on 'Sorry'). That being said, I'd prefer that the lineup play the old stuff and perhaps new material (which I highly doubt will ever be released) because I never had the chance to see the original lineup perform together.

Nah, the moment Axl steps out onto the same stage as Slash, the very notion of CDII is dead in the water. To be honest, it is already.

Like I said, I could potentially see Slash and Duff agreeing to re-work on some of Axl's material, but I don't see Slash's ego allowing himself to being reduced to Bumblefoot status on a GNR record (ie, adding a guitar solo here or a few rhythm licks there).

I just think Slash's interest could be just to play again on a Gn'R record. And Axl wanted Slash to play on a couple of tunes back in 2001 according to Marc.

It's that scenario again, only without the public apology horseshit. Slash said he thought the vocals on Chinese were amazing. If CD ll is similar in style to Chinese, Slash can replace and/or add his guitars on some songs, whatever works. If he, for example, comes up with something that Axl likes and thinks is better, he'll replace it.

I think that is Axl's approach if I had to guess. Plus as I said before, he likes to add whoever is in the current line up of Guns if possible.

He replaced Robin's lead work on Catcher with May's, and then Bumble's.

He replaced Josh's drums with Brain, and added Frank as well. I think it's important to look back on the way Axl operates as an artist if we're gonna make bold guesses. Slash and Duff agreed to join Axl's band. That is how I think it is right now. I think they just want back in Gn'R and they will compromise on what they can live with. They had almost 20 years to work with different people, but now that they're home, I think they'll work on whatever and if Axl will give them a chance, they can work on everything and see how it goes from there. They have musical experience when it comes to working on Axl's material.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

nobody attending a gnr reunion show will give a flying fuck about cd songs.

and rightfully so.

If anything hearing Slash and Duff play on those songs might cause people to give the material a second chance. But yes,obviously most people are there to hear the classics,Jungle,SCOM,YCBM etc. The percentage hoping to hear Scraped is pretty much limited to Forum nerds like most of us.

How about a compromise album? The very best from CD2 forming one half of the record and the other half being songs inspired from Slash.

Could work. I think Slash can bring a whole lotta mean as shit riffs and black voodoo solos to at least some Axl songs. Like a lot of members here seem to kinda be able to imagine Slash playing on some Chinese songs. So at least on a few cause after all, Slash is a gunner. It will always fit on at least part of the material. Duff as well. He played Chinese live with Axl no problem. Seemed to enjoy it. That's a good sign.

If he can just bring what he captured on Safari Inn, that classic fluid lyrical guitar playing with his old Les Paul copy he can do magic.

Fortus can handle Slash I think. Together they'll be lethal.

Edited by Rovim

At this point, the delusional ones are those that think that a reunion ISN'T happening at this point.

Wow...that felt weird to type. I never thought that we'd see this day. Ever.

I did. What band that is on the level of GNR hasn't reunited?

The interesting thing will be to hear how Axl explains the "Not in this lifetime" comment. Or some of the other nasty things he said about Slash and his supporters. Then again,maybe his interviews will be filled with pre-approved ass-kissing questions.

You know that is why i will NEVER see this as a proper reunion, no mater who will play in this upcoming reunion

On a personal level, they fucked up this thing for life...

You can say that it doesn't matter if this is a cash rgab, because everything is a cash grab nowadays, but the original spirit of this band died a long time ago and it will never come back, no matter how many shows they will play in the future, how many records (if any) they will put out etc.

What a crock of utter dogshit. No offence, but seriously... you're talking crap.

you forgot: inane, insipid and cack :wow:

I'm talking the absolute truth

Ask anybody outside these forums and they will tell you exactly the same

You're a well known Axl's lolvision supporter so I might understand where are you coming from...

You will still waiting for round two, aren't you? :lol:

Why don't you just prove how my points or my POV is wrong instead of spewing your british verbal diarrhea?

I am not a "Axl lolvision supporter." Far from it. I liked Chinese, but have regularly called Axl out on his douchebaggery over the years, even in this very thread.

I said you were talking dogshit because, well, you were. It's a not a reunion because the original spirit of the band died years ago? What kind of touchy-feel, wishy-washy bollocks is that? So when exactly did the bands spirit die in your opinion? When GNR became a multi-million dollar business? Because that was before UYI was even released.

pretty much at that point.

see? you know the truth if you want :lol:

Let's pretend this really is a reunion of the big three.

I'm sure Axl will still own the rights to the GNR name solely. So, where does that leave the other two? As Axls employees, the way he always wanted?

No, the big two won't become hired hands the way that Ron and don and bob and fat joe were hired hands.

The big two would approach it the way that Duff approached his fill-in stint for Stusson. They'll sign on as guest performers, with a lot more power than Brian or Funcke or whatever else dogshit they've have in the band since 94.

Which brings us back to the main point: I cannot see Axl working with equal partners, because that would entail making compromises, which Axl is incapable of.

But the CD ll songs, and everything Axl has in the vault is unreleased material. I mean... even if you look at those as just Axl solo tunes, technically, they can be worked on by Slash and Duff.

Like November Rain and Estranged. Slash didn't like those it seems. He did it then, and the result was great. Do you honestly believe he won't do it now if Axl wanted him to? after 20 years of not working with him? I think it's at least possible.

Axl worked years on this material. He's probably attached to the songs as an artist. If he really views Chinese and CD ll as one double album, I think he'll want it released. He replaced Izzy's guitar for Spaghetti Incident with Gilby's, he Added Bumble and Frank after he thought Chinese will be released in 2006.

So it's bigger than just Slash and Duff. Axl likes to add whoever is in the band to the album. And if it's Slash and Duff, I'd imagine it will be hard to resist, since they're both a huge part of the sound and their feedback alone on the material is valuable as fuck.

At this point, anything can happen. If Slash's ego allowed him to be a part of any hybrid line up, then anything is possible. So as being reducted to BBF status on this band, because millions of dollars

This is not 1996 anymore, Slash is successful on his own right, but with the GNR name again, he would be more richer than ever. Duff is basically do whatever the two big boys wants. That's how he rolled even back in the day. and that is why he is the perfect middle man, since Izzy gone

Edited by Strange Broue

I'm sure Axl will still own the rights to the GNR name solely. So, where does that leave the other two? As Axls employees, the way he always wanted?

No, the big two won't become hired hands the way that Ron and don and bob and fat joe were hired hands.

The big two would approach it the way that Duff approached his fill-in stint for Stusson. They'll sign on as guest performers, with a lot more power than Brian or Funcke or whatever else dogshit they've have in the band since 94.

Which brings us back to the main point: I cannot see Axl working with equal partners, because that would entail making compromises, which Axl is incapable of.

This is just a big business deal, Its a big cash crab tour.

Axl owns the name, but he won't be able to own Slash and Duff, all 3 of them will decide how much money will go to whom from the tour, the other whether Izzy or Steven or that Bald head will be hired hands and will be no decisions makers.

We won't get new music anyways, it will be just a tour with old songs and songs from CD. Its all about the honey money.

2da0wgi.jpg

LOL, im out of likes for the day, tomorrow first thing ill do is like this post.

I just noticed one thing (and I did not read back all 260 pages :( )

The official fanclub is currently closed for new members.

Nightrain, the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club, is currently not accepting new members. Please check back in early 2016 for membership opportunities.

:thumbsup:

Most prob. their servers blew up yesterday.

The mere fact that he is willing to share the same stage with Slash again (an idea which in reality is fucking simple, just go out there and perform and have a good time) speaks volumes about how he is willing to make compromises. I'm pretty sure that Slash have his own demands as well... for example no 3 hour lates, no show stoppings, no drama....

Axl is on time lately, don't stop the shows, don't make any rants etc.

Anything can be negotiable business wise.

It's possible

Don't act that you know better him, it's becoming tedious now...

Change your shtick pls

Edited by Strange Broue

This is so surreal. Even without an official announcement, they put a friggin' teaser trailer in front of Star Wars and changed the website to solely feature the original band logo. The writing is on the wall, as they say.

This is so amazing and shit is about to get absolutely nuts...

Edited by sofine11