The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Its weird that Rolling Stone hasn't mentioned anything about this. Makes me think they are in on it and Axl, Slash, and Duff will be on the cover soon. That'll blow your hair back!

thats deep speculation there, who knows they will be the first to release an issue in january with the news and them on the cover, maybe even a first interview... But all us fans go way too crazy and imagining all kinda things lol

At this point anything is possible. Ain't it wild?
it is in fact the thing pretty much every rockfan hoped for in the past 20 years and also the most unlikely thing to ever happen until this year, if this happens it's fun as hell too

So, what are the odds that we will know by tomorrow (as suggested by Trunk)? I haven't got a clue, obviously. Would be a great way to go into the new year, though!

It will be nice, but it doesn't matter. Eventually they'll have to announce it and sell their product. Just a matter of time, and not a lot of it imo.

So, what are the odds that we will know by tomorrow (as suggested by Trunk)? I haven't got a clue, obviously. Would be a great way to go into the new year, though!

It will be nice, but it doesn't matter. Eventually they'll have to announce it and sell their product. Just a matter of time, and not a lot of it imo.

Aye, true. The changes to the site, social media, the ads... wouldn't make sense to do all that if there were still a lengthy wait. The buzz would be gone.

So do you guys have a problem with Frank and Richard being part of it? It would kinda be the same as illusions erai guess. where Axl Duff and Slash were the 3 main men with Matt,dizzy and Gilby as employees and Richard is a very talented player with great stagepersona

So do you guys have a problem with Frank and Richard being part of it? It would kinda be the same as illusions erai guess. where Axl Duff and Slash were the 3 main men with Matt,dizzy and Gilby as employees and Richard is a very talented player with great stagepersona

A reunion of the original five would be amazing, of course. A Use Your Illusion line up would be great, too. But Axl, Slash, Duff with Frank and Richard, and maybe guest slots from Izzy and Steven, would still be really cool. I wouldn't complain.

I thought Trunk meant next week Tuesday, the 5th. Before that, the closest date of interest is new year's eve, when SMKC play Vegas.

Is anyone here going?

I think trunk meant next Tuesday...as in January.

I would hope Howard Stern would get to interview them if they do any promotion.

Aye, that is a possibility, of course.

I thought Trunk meant next week Tuesday, the 5th. Before that, the closest date of interest is new year's eve, when SMKC play Vegas.

Is anyone here going?

Yeah, that is possible. To coincide with the Coachella announcement.

And not me, unfortunately. I am on the wrong side of quite a bit of water.

I suppose the most logical thing would be to build up buzz for the first reunion concert to be aired live at the theaters. That would be awesome.....except why all the secrecy, why not just announce it?

It's already been suggested that Coachella's headliner will be announced on or around January 5, and they'd be paying a huge sum of money if it's GNR. So they would obviously want to maximize the amount of publicity said announcement would receive, and it's a smart idea not to do it at Christmas/NYE, when so many people are busy travelling and doing Christmas-related things. It's not secrecy, just basic common sense.

It would be dumb I'd he didn't show up to that. Fereal.

Why would it be dumb? It would break the ice. No pressure on him, it's not his show. He can go out and have fun. Everyone gets used to seeing them together. It builds hype into the new year about whatever dates they'll play. There are worse ways to announce their reconciliation. I think a press conference would be really stale, and pressure will build for their first performance together.

Having said all that, I doubt it'll happen.

Axlsalinger

I'm confused.

So it's smart to not announce plans during the holiday season (because people apparently don't check the internet on their phones while they are on vacation).

BUT it's smart to spend a million dollars during the holiday season to tease a future announcement.

Wouldn't common sense dictate that your logic for not doing the announcement would also apply to the non-announcement ads? Shouldn't it be a bad time to do that as well?

And why in the hell would a venue or promoter spend a million bucks to advertise that GnR was playing? Every news site and music site on the web is going to announce it if GnR is reuniting at there show. GnR Facebook and twitter pages are going to reach 30-40 million people.

GnR reuniting will be the biggest music story of at least the first quarter of 2016. Spending a million bucks to advertise one show would be one of the worse use of money in the history of concerts.

Here's a new interview with Dizzy Reed and John Corabi while on tour with The Dead Daisies November 27th. They are writing new material for the new Dead Daisies album and will go into the studio in February to start recording:

https://youtu.be/bRWV4lz5VvU

Does it talk about touring to support that album?

So it's been said that:

Axl is releasing CD2 in 2016

Slash is writing and releasing an album in 2016

Dizzy is writing and releasing a DD album in 2016

Probably a language barrier thing, then (English is not my first language). To me, if something's announced at the weekend, saying next Tuesday means the next Tuesday (which would be this week). Otherwise, I'd say "not next Tuesday, but the Tuesday after", or Tuesday (date).

Not like it's a biggie, though. Just a misunderstanding on my end. The 5th would make more sense. At least, if they are playing at Coachella. I did like the idea of entering the new year GN'R style, and making 2016 their year, from the very start.

Here's a new interview with Dizzy Reed and John Corabi while on tour with The Dead Daisies November 27th. They are writing new material for the new Dead Daisies album and will go into the studio in February to start recording:

https://youtu.be/bRWV4lz5VvU

Does it talk about touring to support that album?

So it's been said that:

Axl is releasing CD2 in 2016

Slash is writing and releasing an album in 2016

Dizzy is writing and releasing a DD album in 2016

They don't mention touring to support the album in this interview, but I'm assuming they will, at some point.

Axlsalinger

I'm confused.

So it's smart to not announce plans during the holiday season (because people apparently don't check the internet on their phones while they are on vacation).

BUT it's smart to spend a million dollars during the holiday season to tease a future announcement.

Wouldn't common sense dictate that your logic for not doing the announcement would also apply to the non-announcement ads? Shouldn't it be a bad time to do that as well?

And why in the hell would a venue or promoter spend a million bucks to advertise that GnR was playing? Every news site and music site on the web is going to announce it if GnR is reuniting at there show. GnR Facebook and twitter pages are going to reach 30-40 million people.

GnR reuniting will be the biggest music story of at least the first quarter of 2016. Spending a million bucks to advertise one show would be one of the worse use of money in the history of concerts.

You keep wondering why they don't make an announcement RIGHT NOW! If you can't see the basic reason why it makes more sense for ANYBODY to make a major announcement in early January rather than during the Christmas holidays, I'm afraid I can't help you further with that.

You then mentioned the movie theater teaser. First of all, it's a teaser, which generally means it's meant to tease something coming later. As for people being busy during Christmas, there is obviously still a captive audience at the beginning of Star Wars. As for the teaser itself, I think it's rather odd to spend money on that myself, and have no idea who paid for it, or what they're up to. If I had to guess, I would think they want to stream the Coachella concert in movie theaters. But at this point, we simply don't know.