The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

CD II might be done but over here is 3 songs Axl wanted to do with Slash for CD. So possibly Slash finishes them and they go on the album.

If it's a Self Titled album covering all eras. The Slash songs would bring back the early days, maybe there's Illusion era type stuff from Tobias, Dizzy and Axl, then CD era stuff with Finck/Bucket and newer stuff with Fortus.

If Axl has 40-50 songs, it's better that it dictates the approach mostly, and Slash and Duff fill in the gaps and make some Gn'R sense. What's ironic to me in this situation is that Paul Tobias is responsible for some tunes Slash can end up playing on. Kinda like Sympathy For The Devil in reverse with a 15 year gap.

Josh Freese alone wrote 3 or 4 AAA songs including Chinese. Why start from scratch with a reunion album now, when you have CD ll ready to go plus probably a lot of other unreleased material?

I feel like there is no way to know what Axl is interested in musically now, but I somehow doubt he'll start to churn out dated riff based cock rock all of a sudden. I think he'll try to fit Slash and Duff into his musical vision instead of compromising it with diluted horseshit.

I see the production of Scraped and Sorry to show how another dimension can be added. A few songs air dropped in can still work. Especially if the have Izzy, Slash, Duff credits.

I see the production of Scraped and Sorry to show how another dimension can be added. A few songs air dropped in can still work. Especially if the have Izzy, Slash, Duff credits.

I think musically it could work, but the themes and lyrics may prove problematic. Chinese songs are guided mostly by Axl's vocal melodies and lyrics. If CD ll is mostly done, how can you replace what guides it? like how can you have Slash and Duff on Jackie Chan for example? I think Axl won't release something that doesn't ring true, but to think that everything is done with Robin's, Bucket's and Bumble's guitars and now some of it will be gone just cause Slash is back in is weird.

I can understand it on one level, but it seems clumsy. I trust Axl to pick the best work and what fits. I think Slash can probably come up with great shit. I'm glad Safari Inn came out cause with Axl hopefully inspiring Slash and Duff and vise versa, maybe they can create timeless work. Izzy can help. And maybe get Mike Clink on board, let him hear all of it and hear his opinion and maybe produce one song they all like. Down By The Ocean.

Edited by Rovim

I think musically it could work, but the themes and lyrics may prove problematic. Chinese songs are guided mostly by Axl's vocal melodies and lyrics. If CD ll is mostly done, how can you replace what guides it? like how can you have Slash and Duff on Jackie Chan for example? I think Axl won't release something that doesn't ring true, but to think that everything is done with Robin's, Bucket's and Bumble's guitars and now some of it will be gone just cause Slash is back in is weird.

I can understand it on one level, but it seems clumsy. I trust Axl to pick the best work and what fits. I think Slash can probably come up with great shit. I'm glad Safari Inn came out cause with Axl hopefully inspiring Slash and Duff and vise versa, maybe they can create timeless work. Izzy can help. And maybe get Mike Clink on board, let him hear all of it and hear his opinion and maybe produce one song they all like. Down By The Ocean.

It may not be CD II material. The Slash origin song Fortus said he was working on doesn't feel like it's CD II. Those 3 songs Axl wanted Slash on might not be as Alternative, they might have been more 70s hard rock but he couldn't find a way to use them wothout Slash.

With Down by the Ocean and Atlas that's 6 songs that seem less CD. Soul Monster was the most Black Sabbath thing they did. There's no ref to nu metal. If you take out Shackler's and Scraped there's very little else you can call nu metal on CD.

Seven, The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone all have Beltrami orchestral work. That's 4 Axl epics. Just a guess.

But that's 11 tracks which don't seem to be nu metal.

Then there's Jackie Chan and Berlin (Oklahoma). Goin' Down. 14.

This is without Slash\Duff writing anything specifically. So they add a couple of tracks snd play parts/solos where needed. And it could work as a modern self titled GNR cd.

went to the cinema tonight. 3 snippets in total were played. the first one was about 5 seconds- the second one a little longer with "you know where you are?" vocals and the 3rd was the longest, maybe 10 seconds and showed shots of the crowd like the others, but i thought i saw slash from the back? the clip is so quick that i couldn't be sure?

good times

• Like 1

The comeback single. No pressure.

Weren't Axl and Izzy supposed to have written some songs together a few years back? And there's the Slash era songs Fortus mentioned. So even without any CD leftovers, there's stuff they have to work on that I'd like to hear. Maybe not comeback single quality but enough to tag on the end of a new compilation.

Slash era song?
Fortus said recently he was working on a song that had originated from Slash. But he didn't really elaborate enough to know whether it was a riff or what.

I'm only half-serious and I can't believe I am saying shit like this, but it looks like Duff has been growing his hair out recently, which, I think, could be because he aims for that classic Guns look. He did the same thing when Velvet Revolver started. Grew his hair long.

So that is, IMO, another glue regarding the reunion :D

Edited by jekylhyde