The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

matt is the drummer! :headbang:

where'd you hear this?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/guns-n-roses-founding-members-to-reunite-headlining-coachella-2016/

The band’s reunion lineup is unclear, though Axl, Slash, and Duff McKagan are all involved, sources tell CoS. Matt Sorum is believed to be behind the kit in place of original drummer Steven Adler. An official announcement is imminent.

Edited by supercool

Its amazing people shit all over Eddie Trunk and then no one questions when Mitch Lafon spews this shit. He's just as much of a hanger on, if not way moreso, than Trunk. Either believe both or ignore either. But don't fucking tell me you trust Mitch Lafon on shit like this. No one's breaking any fucking news to him.

You don't know that. Lafon has lots of contacts as does Trunk. He could easily be in the know about upcoming information.

He's as much in the know as Trunk. AND he's blabbing about it, which you'd all fucking kill Trunk for doing. Nobody dare try and put more importance on Mitch Lafon than Trunk is all I'm saying. Or at least be consistent in your bitching. Right now Trunk is showing a lot of restraint, which if he were blabbing about this right now people would be crucifying him.

You'd have to be a GNR nut to think after 30 years in the business that Trunk and Lafon to a lesser extent,don't have major contacts in the rock community. Also,Trunk was close with Lemmy who just passed away so maybe he's dealing with that. Then again,the GNR online fan base features kids who pretend to be band members so it's not surprising some may downplay the knowledge of Trunk ,Lafon etc. They'd know more than any GNR-insiderthat posts here.

No izzy or Steven is still kinda a bummer tho :/

But friggin slash and duff is ace!

If they are truly marketing it as a reunion... then why do it half heartedly... I dont even know whats Izzys problem is... if he doesnt reunite then he is weirder than Axl... let Steven play 1-2 Appetite songs... he obviously cant do UYI material so an Appetite lineup concert would be pretty short.

• Like 1

Mitch is tosser, he knows enough to get him trouble. But Slash didn't trust him with shit to go leak. Hi Mitch! I am sure you are reading this.

Slash and Axl performing for the first time in over 20 years on Jimmy Kimmell January 6th? Wow......

Holy FUCK!

Slash and Axl performing for the first time in over 20 years on Jimmy Kimmell January 6th? Wow......

Holy FUCK!

Source on the performance?

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

You interpret that as a confirmation of a GNR performance? We don't know what that tweet means,it could be just an interview or has Lafon elaborated?

Source on the performance?

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

You sure it'd even be a performance? Seems like it could just be axl and slash getting interviewed... Which would be cool, but I'd bet they'll be getting interviewed before performing since chances are they haven't even rehearsed yet Edited by Billsfan

Axl was on Kimmel just because he had to promote the Vegas residency 'cause sales were low.I don't think he would like to announce the reunion like that.Axl barely talks on TV .Perform ? Not even a chance

The sales were low... how do you know that?

I don't think the intention is to announce anything on Kimmel anyways, maybe a performance.

A performance before they've even rehearsed?! There's too much at stake for this.. And I'd be willing to bet axls voice probably isn't 100% ready, they probably don't have any new songs ready, etc. I like your optimism but there's no way they're performing.. Kimmel and Eddie trunk are two of the very few who have gotten interviews with axl, so if I'm a betting man axl and slash (maybe more members like duff and izzy) will be doing an interview to announce they're back together. And it'd be a great promo.

You can pretty much guarantee their first performance together won't be for a few months..

• Like 1

Axl was on Kimmel just because he had to promote the Vegas residency 'cause sales were low.I don't think he would like to announce the reunion like that.Axl barely talks on TV .Perform ? Not even a chance

I don't think the intention is to announce anything on Kimmel anyways, maybe a performance.

A performance before they've even rehearsed?! There's too much at stake for this.. And I'd be willing to bet axls voice probably isn't 100% ready, they probably don't have any new songs ready, etc. I like your optimism but there's no way they're performing.. Kimmel and Eddie trunk are two of the very few who have gotten interviews with axl, so if I'm a betting man axl and slash (maybe more members like duff and izzy) will be doing an interview to announce they're back together. And it'd be a great promo.

You can pretty much guarantee their first performance together won't be for a few months..

We do not know that they have not rehearsed. I am not saying they will perform but we just don't know that.

What makes you so sure there haven't been some rehearsals already?

Agreed, I'm putting my money on this being an interview and announcement of the tour. And honestly, I don't want them performing for live TV until they've been rehearsing and Axl is back in fighting shape.

(assuming rehearsals won't start until Slash's tour is over, and also assuming Axl is in the middle of getting back into fight shape)

Edited by Axl owns dexter