The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think the fact that no-one in the band has denied it speaks volumes. Seriously, there have been reunion rumors before, and Axl has shut them down. No, nothing. Nothing from Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, Izzy is missing as usual, Richard is being cryptic. Seriously, I think it's safe to say this is happening. The old GN'R logo on the webpage, the teasers before Star Wars, it's all to increase interest, build excitement. And believe me, people are getting exited, including me. Would it be cool to have a new album by new GN'R, yeah. But, Axl and Slash on the same stage again is something none of us thought would see ever again.

The only thing I hope is Axl get's in great shapes for this and belts out "you know where your are!" like 2010. Also Slash playing CD songs or Axl playing VR or even Slash solo songs would be cool too.

Band formed in 1985, recorded appetite in 1986 released AFD 1987

Reunion formed in 2015, recorded new album in 2016, released in 2017 for AFD's 30th anniversary?

I like how you think.

Meanwhile Richard....

tumblr_lwheaxEwh01qhd9gyo1_1280.jpg

Da fuq is Dick 4tus doing here? This is what happens when you learn of a GNR reunion. You lose your shit

Axl was on Kimmel just because he had to promote the Vegas residency 'cause sales were low.I don't think he would like to announce the reunion like that.Axl barely talks on TV .Perform ? Not even a chance

The sales were low... how do you know that?

I don't think the intention is to announce anything on Kimmel anyways, maybe a performance.

A performance before they've even rehearsed?! There's too much at stake for this.. And I'd be willing to bet axls voice probably isn't 100% ready, they probably don't have any new songs ready, etc. I like your optimism but there's no way they're performing.. Kimmel and Eddie trunk are two of the very few who have gotten interviews with axl, so if I'm a betting man axl and slash (maybe more members like duff and izzy) will be doing an interview to announce they're back together. And it'd be a great promo.

You can pretty much guarantee their first performance together won't be for a few months..

What makes you so sure there haven't been some rehearsals already?

What makes you so sure that they have? Because a picture of duff with his bass isn't enough...

word is that this has been in the works since before the last residency and slash and axl have been "cool" for 2 years. so it is plausible.... but who knows maybe no one will be on kimmel and he will just make the announcement?

LOL That was said ONCE, HERE, so please, as Billsfan says, let's slow the brakes! We have no idea what is real and what isn't. Kimmel came out of nowhere, tonight, 3 hours ago, and people already have them taking over the show. Let's fucking sleep on it and get some perspective before we start saying they have been rehearsing for years and are ready to tour tomorrow.

who knows if that was true right? all i said was it is plausible or it could be bullshit. maybe its just an interview or an announcement?

Slash and Axl performing for the first time in over 20 years on Jimmy Kimmell January 6th? Wow......

Source on the performance?

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

You interpret that as a confirmation of a GNR performance? We don't know what that tweet means,it could be just an interview or has Lafon elaborated?

No... I didn't say that. I linked to a tweet.

Slash and Axl performing for the first time in over 20 years on Jimmy Kimmell January 6th? Wow......

Source on the performance?

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/681993202270732288

You interpret that as a confirmation of a GNR performance? We don't know what that tweet means,it could be just an interview or has Lafon elaborated?

No... I didn't say that. I linked to a tweet.

I asked for a source on this supposed performance that was mentioned and you linked to that tweet so I'm not sure what I was supposed to think. Lafon commented on it further on Stevie Rachelle's Facebook status tonight but I can't link it from my phone.

I don't think we should be too quick to rule out there being three guitarists, Kushner maybe being one. Odds are already against Izzy so we grab fortus, and Axl has committed to a three guitar band for 15 years now. Obviously it is how he prefers to roll. Does Kushner get a 10 minute solo spot? No. He probably barely gets listed as a member. He'd be the guitar Tracy and Roberta, and that's fine. I just wouldn't rule it out.

In other news, Skid Row just parted with the singer that they hired a few months ago...

http://metalsludge.tv/skid-no-i-am-no-longer-in-skid-row-cheers-tony-harnell/

Interesting timing...reunited Skid Row opening for reunited GN'R?!

Are you fucking kidding me?! Wow, this is just getting insane. I guess Skid Row isn't as above money as I thought. So either they reunite with Bach or they are bust at this point. You can't have 4 singers.

• Like 1

In other news, Skid Row just parted with the singer that they hired a few months ago...

Are you fucking kidding me?! Wow, this is just getting insane. I guess Skid Row isn't as above money as I thought. So either they reunite with Bach or they are bust at this point. You can't have 4 singers.

Apparently that news just broke minutes ago.

This just went to a whole new level of "WTF?!"

25 football stadiums in the US?? Holy shit.

Lambeau Field - Green Bay Wisconsin.

God I hope Lambeau Field gets played by GNR! Was there for the Thanksgiving game

I'm sorry to hear that :lol:

Also as a Wisconsinite I would shit my pants if GnR played Lambeau

Haha the game was a disaster on the last drive of the game, Jones dropped that for sure touchdown ball 30ft ahead of me in the endzone. Even though they lost, seeing Brett Favre, and being there while it was raining & sleeting toward the end was just amazing, it was one of those few times in life where seeing something in person exceeded expectations rather than it being ho-hum. The stadium is amazing.

Nothing stands up to Lambeau Field as far as atmosphere and history goes

Agreed!

zlol.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently that news just broke minutes ago.

This just went to a whole new level of "WTF?!"

Whether it has anything to do with GNR, and I'm sure it doesn't, no one can deny the timing of this is just insane. This is just all... I can't even put it into words. What a weird weird end to the year.

• Like 2