The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Holy fuck at this thread, I went to sleep and like 40 pages popped up, there was a time when this place used to be dead and me and a few posters posting here.

So well what I gathered that supposedly the band will play Jimmy Kimmel?

I don't trust this Mitch Lafon guy, he even said Axl will be there in Agrentina to perform with Slash. But well that shit din't happen.

Most of you owe an apology to DISHNATION. They said this months ago even before many of our esteemed GNR -insiders WHO ARE YOU TO DOUBT DISHNATION?

Well,damn turned out they were right the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in awhile.

Here's what I expect from the announcement next week.

1. Everything we've heard so far will be confirmed. There is a little truth in each rumor.

2. Axl will go out of his way to not call this a reunion. It will be considered a continue evolution of GNR. (Axl said recently he doesn't like the feel of reunions and thinks they lack a genuine feel. So it feels fake to him when bands reunite.)

3. We will not hear what brought Axl and Slash back together. It will be deemed good enough that they are performing together again and it won't be a answered question yet.

4. I'm with the poster that says Rolling Stone will be involved. I think they announce this via the magazine.

5. Ticket sales for various venue will be available within the month.

So basically I see GNR painting an outline for what's to come, but all in all we will be left hanging a bit and will want more info.

• Like 1

Well I never thought this would happen!

I was a huge Queen fan and it was at the Freddie Tribute Concert that I first saw Guns n’ Roses live. That was it, I was hooked, I managed to see the band a few more times in the 90’s and when they broke up I thought that was it, I would never hear my favourite songs played ‘live’ again. In those days we didn’t have home computers and iphones we had to rely on the music press for any news.

In 2006 I decided to get tickets for Hammersmith to see mainly Axl as he is my favourite singer and for me a Guns N Roses song has to have his voice singing it. I was sceptical about others playing in the band but to be honest after waiting 13 years to see and hear Axl again I thought what the hell. Well Hammersmith ended up being one of the best nights of my life. I loved seeing Axl and hearing my favourite songs again so every time NuGnR was on tour I went. Yes Axl was heavier than the ‘90’s and the original guys were missing but I loved going. I was lucky enough to meet Axl a few times and he was lovely. I know a lot of fans don’t like the guys who have been in the band but I will be eternally grateful to them for letting me hear GnR songs ‘live’, for me there is nothing better that ‘live’ music.

I can’t really believe there may be a reunion but if this is true I hope the fans who have been loyal to the band through all the reincarnations aren’t killed in the rush for tickets by touts and ‘scenesters’ who just want to say they have seen Guns N Roses with Axl, Slash and Duff who to most people are the three main members. After what happened at the EODM gig and saying goodbye to Lemmy yesterday, life it short, live it and rock on because you never know what’s round the corner.

• Like 2

This reunion is all well and good, but I still want CD 2. I would even take CD 2 over the reunion. But that's me.

Yep, but I doubt we're ever gonna hear it. I already had my doubts when it was the new band, but with a reunion I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen.

They'll just tour and tour and tour some more... MAYBE write new stuff... and CD2 will just disappear