The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

He's wearing baggy as shit clothing and you can still see the belly ain't there, he's clearly been running and trying to take care of his health, but people are still bitching? You can't travel backwards in time just by working out, 2006 was 10 years ago...

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

And either which way, it's not about what Axl looks like. It's what he sounds like, that's what matters.

That is true.

And if he's totally out of shape he's going to sound like shit.

We don't know that yet. So isn't it best to reserve judgement?

i hate to see criticism of Axl's appearance. I mean, come on, this reunion stuff is the best news in years. Surely there's better stuff to discuss.

Just my $0.02

I agree. Just wondering if people started following GN'R because of the band members' looks, or because of the music they made? Because to me, it's the music that matters. And with Axl, it's his voice. If he sounds great, but people don't like his looks, they can always just close their eyes and listen. ;)

• Like 1

And either which way, it's not about what Axl looks like. It's what he sounds like, that's what matters.

That is true.

i hate to see criticism of Axl's appearance. I mean, come on, this reunion stuff is the best news in years. Surely there's better stuff to discuss.

Just my $0.02

I agree. Just wondering if people started following GN'R because of the band members' looks, or because of the music they made? Because to me, it's the music that matters. And with Axl, it's his voice. If he sounds great, but people don't like his looks, they can always just close their eyes and listen. ;)

Id rather hear a mickey mouse Axl with a cool fit look than a fat Vince Neil sounding like 2010.

That is true.
he's not totally out of shape, he's wearing sportswear. he's getting fit. Edited by supercool

That is true.

Just my $0.02

Id rather hear a mickey mouse Axl with a cool fit look than a fat Vince Neil sounding like 2010.

Well, each to their own. If I were going to be a fan because of people's looks, I'd go follow a boy band.

• Like 1

That is true.
he's not totally out of shape, he's wearing sportswear. he's getting fit.
He looks like a fucking pumpkin wearing a tea cosy!

That is true.

Just my $0.02

Well, each to their own. If I were going to be a fan because of people's looks, I'd go follow a boy band.

It's got nothing to do with his looks, it's all about his performances. Fact is that at 50, 60, 70 lbs overweight he won't be able to run around the stage for three hours without getting seriously out of breath. The whole, being able to breathe thing is kinda important when it comes to singing y' see.

Rock n roll is a lot to do with image... especially the hard rock bands that are popular. I might love the music Leslie West makes... but certainly wont be hanging his poster up my wall. Boy bands are pop bands who are cliche and their music sucks.

Its good to see bands that look good and sound great. I know its all about music... but cmon.

It's got nothing to do with his looks, it's all about his performances. Fact is that at 50, 60, 70 lbs overweight he won't be able to run around the stage for three hours without getting seriously out of breath. The whole, being able to breathe thing is kinda important when it comes to singing y' see.

Probably be playing like Dave Grohl did his last tour... sitting. Oh dear.

If some of you think the people here are harsh on Axl's looks wait until the public sees him on TV for the first time in years. We are kinda use to Axl as he is now, but most people remember 2006, 2002, and 1993 as how Axl will look.

With social media the way it is, and everyone getting to write a opinion piece, Axl will get roasted if he shows up out of shape. It will be brutal, the media has no sympathy for Axl.

If some of you think the people here are harsh on Axl's looks wait until the public sees him on TV for the first time in years. We are kinda use to Axl as he is now, but most people remember 2006, 2002, and 1993 as how Axl will look.

With social media the way it is, and everyone getting to write a opinion piece, Axl will get roasted if he shows up out of shape. It will be brutal, the media has no sympathy for Axl.

Plus this reunion thing puts him into direct competition with the original band from 1993. Axl needs to bring his triple A game to avoid very unfavourable comparisons. The other guys are playing better than ever right now so all eyes are going to fall on Axl as a potential weak link.

So what, we will still paying to see them live.

That is true.

Just my $0.02

He doesn't look 50, 60, 70 lbs overweight, though. If he were that, he'd look huge, and he doesn't.

Rock n roll is a lot to do with image... especially the hard rock bands that are popular. I might love the music Leslie West makes... but certainly wont be hanging his poster up my wall. Boy bands are pop bands who are cliche and their music sucks.

Its good to see bands that look good and sound great. I know its all about music... but cmon.

Do you remember back in the 80s? Was it all about looks then? The band were never "pretty boys". Axl hadn't had his teeth done back then, and had puffy hair, Slash was all hair with a cigarette sticking out... but they rocked.

As said, each to their own. And I thought Axl was pretty hot during the 90s. I won't deny that. But from the start, it's been the music for me, that did it.