The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

That's what I just said, I was there and he sounded great and could hold a 22 second scream with ease. My point is he can't get that kind of range looking like that...he hasn't had the same live and let die screams since 2002. Look it up...overweight for a 5'8" guy..yes. He needs work. Don't come back looking like that period.

What do people expect of the guy, really? He's not going to look the way he did in 2006. That's nearly 10 years ago. He's actually looking pretty good for his age. I mean, this is a 2015 picture of Johnny Depp (who's a year younger than Axl):

12a44759-5215-4d58-a2b1-628a67185484.jpg

Comparatively speaking, I'd say Axl is doing better. And either which way, it's not about what Axl looks like. It's what he sounds like, that's what matters.

Lol no

Are you havin' a fuckin' laugh? Johnnys still like one of a premier birds fantasys in the world right now whilst Axl looks like Miss Piggys brother, how in the fuck is Tubs Lardy in anyway comparable to Johnny?

The people saying he's not overweight must all be Americans since we all know the definition of being overweight has gotten a totally different meaning over there.

Anyways i dont think he's that fat, he's just bloated as fuck from drinking to much. Pretty easy to spot since i've had my own battle with alcohol in the past. Takes one to know one.

Honestly, I'm willing to give all the guns guys(including Axl) the benefit of any doubt till we see them in person together performing, I've waited too fucking long for this to start talking shit about Axl and laying seeds of doubt, I'm being positive. I'm confident axl will be able to deliver on the same level of slash & Duff, and till I see otherwise I will not be talked down. I'm shocked by your lack of faith Slash787, Guns are coming back with a fucking bang, its only just getting started!

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm willing to give all the guns guys(including Axl) the benefit of any doubt till we see them in person together performing, I've waited too fucking long for this to start talking shit about Axl and laying seeds of doubt, I'm being positive. I'm confident axl will be able to deliver on the same level of slash & Duff, and till I see otherwise I will not be talked down. I'm shocked by your lack of faith Slash787, Guns are coming back with a fucking bang, its only just getting started!

Im not lacking faith in anything, I want a reunion as much as you do, my main concern is his voice, if his voice sounds good, then its ok for me.

What do people expect of the guy, really? He's not going to look the way he did in 2006. That's nearly 10 years ago. He's actually looking pretty good for his age. I mean, this is a 2015 picture of Johnny Depp (who's a year younger than Axl):

Comparatively speaking, I'd say Axl is doing better. And either which way, it's not about what Axl looks like. It's what he sounds like, that's what matters.

Lol no

Are you havin' a fuckin' laugh? Johnnys still like one of a premier birds fantasys in the world right now whilst Axl looks like Miss Piggys brother, how in the fuck is Tubs Lardy in anyway comparable to Johnny?
I don't know man. Like I said before, I don't care how Axl is looking as far as his voice isn't affected. There are overweight singers with great voice.

But to compare a bloated, fat, outer shape Axl in all seriousness with Johnny Depp is... I don't know... I'm speechless. It's like a new level of Axl-fanism. :lol:

• Like 1

So true!!!!

And to all the" weight" experts... get a life....

• Like 1

Look at the end of rio with his shirt off to the side..he had rolls. Like I said, by the time dec 29 rolled around (which I was front row at) he was shredded like no other and his face was thin with a jaw line. None of that is present here.

That'd be age lol... he's almost 54 now, not 39-40.

Lol no

I don't know man. Like I said before, I don't care how Axl is looking as far as his voice isn't affected. There are overweight singers with great voice.

But to compare a bloated, fat, outer shape Axl in all seriousness with Johnny Depp is... I don't know... I'm speechless. It's like a new level of Axl-fanism. :lol:

I'm not the one analysing every inch of Axl's body. I am not the one who is bothered about the guy's looks.

My point was, both men were, back in the day, fawned over to a certain extent, because of their looks. Both have aged. That's what happens to people. In the picture I linked, Johnny shows more signs of age than Axl. Each person ages differently. That's what happens, too. Yet Johnny doesn't get attacked over it. As someone else says, he's still considered attractive by a lot of people. And he's an actor, in a business founded, to a great extent, on looks. In the music world, one would hope that it's the actual music that is key.

Axl could look like Jabba the Hutt for all I care. Not saying he does, but, to spell out my point further, so long as he belts out the notes and, hopefully, brings the rasp, it's all good.