The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I don't like Frank. I hope he's not part of the new lineup. Richard is OK, I guess. He's played in an album featuring Slash hasn't he? Pretty sure Slash likes him too. But the less nu gnr stuff in this, the better.

Fortus and Slash were just on the same album, they were never together in the studio. I guess fortus did talk about it in his interview that he din't wanted to be on stage with Slash and all.

I just don't want this to be NuGNR hired Slash and Duff cause that will be awful and Fortus fucking up the YCBM and NR solo in front of Slash will be MORE AWFUL. Thats why its better to get Gilby or Izzy in the band.

There should be NO NuGNR member at all in this thing.

Honestly IF fortus is there, I don't want him to play any solo's. He totally fucks it up.

What? The guy was by far the best guitar player in the latest line up. Very tasteful player and technically proficient.

So if rumour's are true, what are UK people thinking? Stadium's, arena's?

Wembley and the o2 would do me

Same, I'd love a warm up show similar to when they played Hammersmith Odeon back in 2006.
Hammersmith or Wembley Arena as a warm up, and surely Wembley Stadium or Twickenham for the proper show?

The o2 is my local, but only holds about 15-18,000. If Nu-GNR can play there at almost full capacity 4 times over 2 years then reunited GNR can do Wembley.

Yeah without a doubt. Maybe a few night's at Wembley stadium or week long residency type thing at the o2, I'd take either. The o2 is only up the road from me, but to be honest I'm willing to travel anywhere.

I can't see them playing Wembley Arena - and I hope to God they don't because the acoustics are horrible there. Also the Arena has a strict curfew of 11.00 pm whereas the o2 doesn't and, even though Axl has been on time or not too late on the last tour, an 11.00 pm finish is cutting it a bit too fine. Hyde Park has a curfew of 11.00 pm too. I'd love to see a residency at the o2...just up the road from me as well...

Not a fan of Wembley Arena or Stadium, seen 2 gigs at each (Slash and SOAD at Arena, Springsteen & AC/DC at Stadium), Arena has no atmosphere and Stadium is way too big to feel like you're in the gig unless you're right at the front. A week-long residency at The O2 would be much more preferable, lets them mix the setlist up a bit between gigs as well for fans in one location. If Prince can sell out 21 shows there I don't think 7 or 8 shows is out of the question.

The dream would be a warm-up gig at Brixton Academy, though. Saw Slash there in 2012 and the atmosphere was incredible, same when I saw Faith No More there earlier that year and Jane's Addiction in 2014, crowds go mental without it becoming too violent.

Totally agree. Was at all 3 of those gigs too and just think Brixton has that atmosphere. Only holds a couple of thousand though so not sure if it would happen...

I don't like Frank. I hope he's not part of the new lineup. Richard is OK, I guess. He's played in an album featuring Slash hasn't he? Pretty sure Slash likes him too. But the less nu gnr stuff in this, the better.

I don't think anyone trusts Steven and pretty sure Axl hates Matt. Plus somebody from Axl's cover band prolly has to be in on this for Axl to save a little face and not come out the "loser" in this 20 year standoff.

Honestly IF fortus is there, I don't want him to play any solo's. He totally fucks it up.

What? The guy was by far the best guitar player in the latest line up. Very tasteful player and technically proficient.

I totally agree with you, but when Slash is there, I don't want Fortus to play Slash's solos in front of him.

I find the idea of a hybrid line-up without Izzy uterly depressing. There would never have been a Guns N' Roses in the first place without him.

Well, millions of people were happy to go see an Izzy-free lineup on the UYI tour and accepted it as GNR. If they can do it in 1992, why can't they do it now?

Comments like yours really baffle me. I mean, what do you expect them to do? Millions of people want to see Axl and Slash perform on a stage again, are they supposed to turn it down just because Izzy doesn't want to do it? That's on Izzy. Don't hate on Axl and Slash for Izzy's actions. I'm certain they would have him their in a heartbeat if he wanted to be a part of it.

Some people will complain no matter what.

Axl-Slash-Duff? They will complain there is no Izzy. If they get Izzy, they will complain that there is no Steven.

If they do Festivals, there will be complaints that they aren't doing a headlining tour. If they do a tour, people will complain that there is no album.

If they do an album, people will complain it doesn't sound like AFD. If it sounds like AFD, people will complain they got lazy.

Yeah, this is even more appropriate today.

I don't think anyone trusts Steven and pretty sure Axl hates Matt. Plus somebody from Axl's cover band prolly has to be in on this for Axl to save a little face and not come out the "loser" in this 20 year standoff.

Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 I guess, they hung around for a while.

I totally agree with you, but when Slash is there, I don't want Fortus to play Slash's solos in front of him.
Oh okay, you meant solos during songs not actual solos. Then I agree, Slash is on lead so he has to play most of the solos and rightfully so. I wouldn't mind Richard being co-lead during the inevitable cover songs and jams, though.

First people said you can't call guns and roses because it's just axl with a bunch of hired hands. Then duff comes back for a string of concerts and people say its not a real reunion. Now you're getting the original guitar player playing with Axl Rose and the original bass player for the first time in 20 years and some fucking morons are still saying this isn't a reunion. Seriously guys? There are some ungrateful fans posting on this board right now that will clearly never be happy or satisfied. i for 1 one am very excited over this and I'm very excited going into Jimmy Kimmel show next Wednesday. For all I know the next album could be self titled or called "reloaded" For the grateful and excited bunch such as myself we have a lot to look forward to in the future regardless of how long this lasts lets savor the moment for what it is

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 2

Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 I guess, they hung around for a while.

Axl and Steven hung out too but .....

Axl going on Jimmy Kimmel next week to talk GnR

Hey, finally Rolling Stone shows up to the party!

"Axl will appear and address these rumors" is a lot different than "Axl will appear to confirm these plans"....

If he was denying them he'd do so in a statement, not go on national television.

He's confirming what we all know and will release some info, while also promoting the tour.

First people said you can't call guns and roses because it's just axl with a bunch of hired hands. Then duff comes back for a string of concerts and people say its not a real reunion. Now you're getting the original guitar player playing with Axl Rose and the original bass player for the first time in 20 years and some fucking morons are still saying this isn't a reunion. Seriously guys? There are some ungrateful fans posting on this board right now that will clearly never be happy or satisfied. i for 1 one am very excited over this and I'm very excited going into Jimmy Kimmel show next Wednesday. For all I know the next album could be self titled or called "reloaded" For the grateful and excited bunch such as myself we have a lot to look forward to in the future regardless of how long this lasts lets savor the moment for what it is

Yeah and you are the self proclaimed "insider". By any chance are you a member of the BNU too?

Axl going on Jimmy Kimmel next week to talk GnR

Hey, finally Rolling Stone shows up to the party!

"Axl will appear and address these rumors" is a lot different than "Axl will appear to confirm these plans"....

Yeah, sure. He's gonna to be in show and say that it's bullshit... Right like so many times before... ;)

So I'm nervous. Sue me.