The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

That's fake. There are always fan-made Coachella posters floating around the internet and this seems like one of them. Also the Myspace update and the article on thrillcall have GnR performing on Saturday, not on Sunday.

Edited by slash97

Haven't been keeping track of the thread, although I'm sure its been mentioned, but someone tweeted Eddie Trunk a picture of the last two people to start following Kimmel and its Axl and Slash. I don't really know how Twitter works, but that seems pretty definitive of them both being on Kimmel. Again, I'm sure this has already been discussed and dissected a million times over by now. If someone is better at posting pictures from Twitter than I am feel free. But its right there in Eddie Trunk's twitter (I only follow him and Slash).

That was me who tweeted that to Eddie my account is @G_N_RNOW

This is a PURE SPECULATION post.

Some publication or possibly TV show (or network - MTV?) (and I'm not referring to Kimmel.. he's in a bit of a different category and while I suspect the appearance will give some specifics about the tour, members, etc - I think it will be light on a lot of deep details - it will be kept lighthearted and 'fun' so to speak ) has an 'exclusive first in-depth interview' either already in the can or being done on or around the day of the Kimmel appearance with more insight as to how this whole thing came about. My guess is Rolling Stone - but again - this is pure speculation - it just seems to make sense, given what's occurring. If this is the case, it connects with why so many press leaks about this are coming from different sources.. its because at least some stories have already been written, people interviewed, etc - its just the information is under an 'embrago' until 'x' date.

Oh, and since I'm already in a highly speculative mood, I've got this weird 'gut feeling' that somehow the production for the Reckless Road movie ties into this at some level... at the very least, it makes it a more attractive property in the eyes of the Hollywood type money people :)

Also, if you think for a moment that a record company isn't going to package some sort of new 'Greatest Hits' compilation to go along with this.. you're nuts. If they can somehow get a couple new tracks on there, then it becomes an even larger money haul for them..

Also, lets remember that, somewhere in the vault, is a fair amount of material already recorded with these guys (Slash / Duff I'm primarily thinking of) - That would be the easiest path to a money grab.. publish a "Never say Never" Greatest Hits compilation - a couple truly NEWLY recorded tracks - and a good mastering / polishing of 4 or 5 'vault tracks' - things we've never heard but that have been sitting in cold storage for close to 20 years now. Sell it as a two disc special package with a limited Vinyl release (under the Uzi Suicide label, of course) and of course milk the hell out of it via digital distribution. It also provides almost instant financial incentive to the other players to join this project as they'd know they'd be making some mad royalties even if the tour part of this fell apart two months in.

Again, all of the above is pure, rampant speculation - I'm just trying to logically connect some dots and extrapolate info based upon the (admittedly, incomplete and in some cases, conflicting) stuff that's currently out there in the ether, so to speak :)

I like the way you speculate.

Nice input, darknemus. RS cover maybe? That would be awesome.

There will definitely be a Rolling Stone cover unless Axl refuses to do it. Slash and Axl reunion is the biggest news in rock and roll of the last 10-15 years. It would be a big deal no matter what, but rock and roll has been dead for so long that it just makes this an even bigger event.

This is a PURE SPECULATION post.

Some publication or possibly TV show (or network - MTV?) (and I'm not referring to Kimmel.. he's in a bit of a different category and while I suspect the appearance will give some specifics about the tour, members, etc - I think it will be light on a lot of deep details - it will be kept lighthearted and 'fun' so to speak ) has an 'exclusive first in-depth interview' either already in the can or being done on or around the day of the Kimmel appearance with more insight as to how this whole thing came about. My guess is Rolling Stone - but again - this is pure speculation - it just seems to make sense, given what's occurring. If this is the case, it connects with why so many press leaks about this are coming from different sources.. its because at least some stories have already been written, people interviewed, etc - its just the information is under an 'embrago' until 'x' date.

Oh, and since I'm already in a highly speculative mood, I've got this weird 'gut feeling' that somehow the production for the Reckless Road movie ties into this at some level... at the very least, it makes it a more attractive property in the eyes of the Hollywood type money people :)

Also, if you think for a moment that a record company isn't going to package some sort of new 'Greatest Hits' compilation to go along with this.. you're nuts. If they can somehow get a couple new tracks on there, then it becomes an even larger money haul for them..

Also, lets remember that, somewhere in the vault, is a fair amount of material already recorded with these guys (Slash / Duff I'm primarily thinking of) - That would be the easiest path to a money grab.. publish a "Never say Never" Greatest Hits compilation - a couple truly NEWLY recorded tracks - and a good mastering / polishing of 4 or 5 'vault tracks' - things we've never heard but that have been sitting in cold storage for close to 20 years now. Sell it as a two disc special package with a limited Vinyl release (under the Uzi Suicide label, of course) and of course milk the hell out of it via digital distribution. It also provides almost instant financial incentive to the other players to join this project as they'd know they'd be making some mad royalties even if the tour part of this fell apart two months in.

Again, all of the above is pure, rampant speculation - I'm just trying to logically connect some dots and extrapolate info based upon the (admittedly, incomplete and in some cases, conflicting) stuff that's currently out there in the ether, so to speak :)

I'm out of likes for today, but great post man!