The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I get your point. Infact i think i was mistaken - $15m was the total grossing sales for the last tour so it would only have been about $3m for vegas i expect.

If this is to be done properly Axl needs to get off his ass and do some interviews etc. At least Slash - 'the media whore' - will be around to do the bulk of it!

Good times ahead - hopefully!

Back in the day before the net Slash was more often seen promoting GNR than anyone else. He was the band spokesman or whatever. Now he is called a media whore, only thing that changed is us.

Some of the things that Slash has been called on this board over the years have been beyond disgraceful and not to mention by Axl himself! To call somebody a 'cancer' is a little OTT!

Axl has a lot to thank Slash for. His perceived and actual success as brand SLASH since GNR is a huge contributing factor to the desire for a reunion and will help justify inflated ticket prices!

I'm sure he will be tour spokesman, hope Axl is ok with that though!

Where the fuck did Kushner even come from in these rumors? Why would he have anything to do with it?

I think people are still going off his vague tweets from a few days back.

I know about his vague tweets, but it just doesn't make any sense as to why he'd be involved in any capacity. I see it as him being a fan that's excited about the (very likely) possibility of a reunion.

Did anyone else notice that Matt Sorum is playing with the house band all next week on the Late Night with Seth Meyers show? Not sure what this means, if anything,

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#SM

Interesting indeed..... is that a big show?

If an announcement came on Monday (in advance of the Axl appearance) it would make sense to get the guys out all over a variety of media outlets / channels / shows next week. Axl on Kimmel may just be one piece of the puzzle.

I see no logical reason for including Kushner. If it's Slash and Duff's call, they phoned Gilby when they needed someone for the Hall of Fame and have played with him since then. And why would Axl be happier with a VR member over Gilby? Especially for what would be the third guitarist slot behind Slash and Fortus if that line up is to be believed.

And then there would be the bizarre choice of using a VR member who was never in GNR but snubbing Matt.

Finally back in the States from holiday vacation. Here are my thoughts on the crazy roller coaster ride that has been this past week:

Anyone think GNR will do something like Pearl Jam/Metallica/Korn have been doing the past couple of years? Play one album in the beginning of their set, and add a bunch of tunes onto the end? I know lately, PJ plays all of Yield or No Code (i think) and still has room for like 20 songs… (yes i know PJ also plays like 3 hour sets also, but GNR is more than capable of doing that… especially if this thing is as hyped up as it seems.) GNR could play all of AFD straight through with the original 5 since its only an hour long (WTTJ as an opener would make the crowd go ape. shit.) then they would still have 2 hours for other tracks with a hybrid lineup.. it seems logical. And if this 8 person rumor is true and Steven isn’t actually in it for the long haul, he could just play the AFD tracks right? I think thats all he really wants to do anyway. Shit, even have him come out later in the set and play civil war. in my eyes it makes sense.

GNR could also spread these “stadium” shows out throughout the summer to where they are playing one or 2 major stadiums a week. This could cater to Izzy, especially in the states, to where he could fly in for the show, then go back home. To me though, that seems like a lot more traveling then actual touring.… I would assume the stage they are going to use on this tour is going to be HUGE and will take a long time to move. Maybe even one that eclipses the Illusions tour stages??? Return of the AFD monster anyone???

For those of you talking about how there is no way Adler would make it out on the road with GNR because he is unstable and its too easy to get drugs that way, Adler has played a couple of shows and written an Album since he’s been sober. Do you really think the guys that are going to be in this band are gunna let Steven NEAR any of that shit? Slash? DUFF of all people? If anything, we should be worried about how Adlers heart is going to handle the amount of excitement that he will have being back with all of this best friends.

Mitch Lafon and Eddie Trunk just seem to be looking at the things the way we look at them, formulating their opinions, then broadcasting them to their fan bases. The information gets out and rumors swirl. In fact Trunks tweets have been more and more uninformative in the past weeks, where as he used to think he had concrete info. I mean Kushner? Seriously? I enjoy the mans playing, don’t get me wrong, but where in the blue hell does he fit in all of this? he played with 3 members of classic GNR. Thats it. And now, suddenly he is the third guitarist in a GNR hybrid lineup because he posted some “cryptic” tweets? I think his tweets are him just fucking with everyone like everyone else has been doing for what seems like the past month. But hey, everyones a journalist.

For the people talking about this new lineup, whoever it may be, playing Conspirators and VR songs… why?! IF Kushner is in, why in the hell would they play VR songs? Because he’s with 3/5ths of his VR bandmates? I just can’t see Axl going for it. maybe ONCE for a tribute to Scott, but even that is stretching it. Keep in mind no one from the VR camp is saying Scotts death is the ultimate end of VR. So, in theory, they are still on hiatus. As for Conspirators songs. Why?! Thats why Slash has his own band. For Slash songs. Hell, most of you people saying you wanna hear Axl sing these Slash songs wouldn’t pay a dime to go see Slash on what seems like his never ending tour of the world, and now you wanna see Axl do them?! Blows my mind. Yes, it would kick ass to hear Axl belt out those tunes, but logically i just cannot see it happening. This is GNR motherfuckers!!!!

This Jimmy Kimmel thing is going to be very very interesting. Axl isn’t on the lineup for Kimmels show online… Sometimes people make “guest” appearances, but if this is the case, that means Axl might not be giving an interview, contrary to what Rolling Stone has printed. Whoever the big name is on the lineup usually does the long interview after the intro from Kimmel. That person will have like a 15-20 minute speaking interview and then Kimmel and the guest will play a game or do an activity or show a clip of something they did for like 5 minutes. But even if Axl does an interview. What does he say? I know most people here are looking for him to say EVERYTHING that is happening and who is in the band etc etc. I see the major topic of the interview being adressing the rumors, and then where does Axl go from here. I can’t see Axl counting on his fingers who is in the band. People who watch late night TV probably wouldn’t know who anyone outside of Axl and Slash are.

Come on guys. We are on the verge of something big here. Bigger then anything that has ever had GNR’s name associated with it in all of the bands existence. 2days and 7 hours away from SOMETHING we can cling on to. We got this guys. Go with the flow, and if its not what you want, be happy for the people who will finally have a dream fulfilled for them.

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 2

HollywoodRose94 stated, we will know everything by January 3rd. Hope we'll get sth today

I said between 3rd and 6th. Jimmys show is taped at 4:30.
Who is in the band?

Tony Orlando & Dawn. Or possibly the Captain and Teneal.. no one knows yet.

Nice to see you posting again.

We've had a lot of "insiders" posting the last couple weeks. But none of them post anything relevant or factual. It's always just things people already know, common sense, or vague predictions that have no substance. None of them ever post something that we can look back at and say "damn, that guy was right."

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice that Matt Sorum is playing with the house band all next week on the Late Night with Seth Meyers show? Not sure what this means, if anything,

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#SM

Thats actually hysterical. Not sure if it means anything, but damn funny.

I am from NYC and remember Sorum announcing a few weeks back that he would be sitting in on Seth Meyers this week...Lets not forget that Dizzy is also on tour all this week throughout the Northeast with Hookers and Blow

I see no logical reason for including Kushner. If it's Slash and Duff's call, they phoned Gilby when they needed someone for the Hall of Fame and have played with him since then. And why would Axl be happier with a VR member over Gilby? Especially for what would be the third guitarist slot behind Slash and Fortus if that line up is to be believed.

And then there would be the bizarre choice of using a VR member who was never in GNR but snubbing Matt.

Thats because this is not a reunion. This is a reformation oficial the band. Not only for touring, new music will be released. Welcome to the new gnr

based on all the lineup speculation, it seems like for slash and duff not to fight tooth and nail to have Matt and Adler involved is a really shitty thing to do ...

The reunion everybody has always wanted and slash/duff are going to agree to having themselves and Richard/frank ... What a slap in the face to Matt and Steven .....

Now all of this is purely based on the lineup speculation .. For all I know slash duff have fought tooth and nail for Matt and Steve ...

based on all the lineup speculation, it seems like for slash and duff not to fight tooth and nail to have Matt and Adler involved is a really shitty thing to do ...

The reunion everybody has always wanted and slash/duff are going to agree to having themselves and Richard/frank ... What a slap in the face to Matt and Steven .....

Now all of this is purely based on the lineup speculation .. For all I know slash duff have fought tooth and nail for Matt and Steve ...

Thats what I've been saying since the beginning. Slash was the hardest to get on board, then suddenly we can't get Matt and Adler on board? You'd have thought the rest put themselves together.