The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

some crazy folks are buying up coachella tix, man it's probably gonna happen but that's a lot of money for probably i hope they like they other bands if it doesn't

What!!? :o No way!! They are that serious about this?

Yeah there is. Axl basically treated the band like a side project whenever he felt like/had to tour. People don't want to believe they only made 14 songs, but in the end the most they could have made was 20. We've heard none of them, and I don't think thats just them being good at keeping it locked up. Its not a real thing.

20? that's your guess. Don't exist? also just a guess man. We don't know how many songs Axl recorded in 24 years with a bunch of pro musicians, but so many people have talked about it, including Axl. He talked about it 3 times. Bumble talked about recording on 30 finished tracks, Brian May said many more existed. According to Axl there are at least 18 more unreleased songs and he said that in 2006.

Honestly, I think you're way off, but if you don't take his word for it and like 20 other people including Fortus that said recently there are probably 3 albums worth of material, than nothing will convince you until it's released. If it's released of course. but you have nothing to base these assumptions. Why would all of them lie about it? especially Axl.

Good news is with a reunion I can't ever be proven wrong. These songs just happen to "never come out", which could basically be equated to not existing.

Also, I don't know why people believe Axl or people in contact with some. Some of them don't have reason to lie, but there's proof upon proof that he and the people that work for him lie for his benefit. But this is completely sidetracking the thread.

Yeah there is. Axl basically treated the band like a side project whenever he felt like/had to tour. People don't want to believe they only made 14 songs, but in the end the most they could have made was 20. We've heard none of them, and I don't think thats just them being good at keeping it locked up. Its not a real thing.

20? that's your guess. Don't exist? also just a guess man. We don't know how many songs Axl recorded in 24 years with a bunch of pro musicians, but so many people have talked about it, including Axl. He talked about it 3 times. Bumble talked about recording on 30 finished tracks, Brian May said many more existed. According to Axl there are at least 18 more unreleased songs and he said that in 2006.

Honestly, I think you're way off, but if you don't take his word for it and like 20 other people including Fortus that said recently there are probably 3 albums worth of material, than nothing will convince you until it's released. If it's released of course. but you have nothing to base these assumptions. Why would all of them lie about it? especially Axl.

Good news is with a reunion I can't ever be proven wrong. These songs just happen to "never come out", which could basically be equated to not existing.

Also, I don't know why people believe Axl or people in contact with some. Some of them don't have reason to lie, but there's proof upon proof that he and the people that work for him lie for his benefit. But this is completely sidetracking the thread.

Not really. Axl can still release CD ll, strip it away for parts and work on it with Slash and Duff, etc. He can still use some of the songs and let us know which ones are the Chinese era ones. We know the wip titles at least. And it doesn't really equate to not existing. If he recorded the songs and they are in his hard drives, than they do exist. Jackie Chan exists, and it's an unreleased song. Beltrami worked on finished songs. Why would he lie? or why would Robin lie? Robin said multiple times many, many songs exist and were worked on until they got to the finish line.

I don't even want them to play on Kimmel. I don't trust Axl. Let's not announce the reunion and embarrass it in the same breath.

If he's gonna struggle, it would be even bigger letdown to do so after 4 months of hype following the announcement.

True. But I at least wanna be happy for 4 months before the inevitable comedown.

Haha. I'm gonna wait for YouTube evidence before I shell out money to see them. Millions will probably do the same. He needs to bring his best game or word of mouth will sink this thing fast.

• Like 1

I don't even want them to play on Kimmel. I don't trust Axl. Let's not announce the reunion and embarrass it in the same breath.

If he's gonna struggle, it would be even bigger letdown to do so after 4 months of hype following the announcement.

True. But I at least wanna be happy for 4 months before the inevitable comedown.

Haha. I'm gonna wait for YouTube evidence before I shell out money to see them. Millions will probably do the same. He needs to bring his best game or word of mouth will sink this thing fast.

Nah. I'll shell out big bucks for one show just to see it. If it sucks, I'll sell the other two shows I bought tickets for, which inevitably I will be able to do. If its great, its great. If it sucks, it'll be easy to make my money back.

That's why I think they need to perform before Coachella. Axl needs to prove he's bringing his A game to all the people saying "He's fat, he can't sing anymore, why would anyone pay to see that?".

Not really. Axl can still release CD ll, strip it away for parts and work on it with Slash and Duff, etc. He can still use some of the songs and let us know which ones are the Chinese era ones. We know the wip titles at least. And it doesn't really equate to not existing. If he recorded the songs and they are in his hard drives, than they do exist. Jackie Chan exists, and it's an unreleased song. Beltrami worked on finished songs. Why would he lie? or why would Robin lie? Robin said multiple times many, many songs exist and were worked on until they got to the finish line.

I've always contended they all mean there are fragments of songs that exist, not fully completed tracks. I don't believe Axl when he says CD II is ready, which he has said or at least implied. Jackie Chan could easily just be that clip. If its not, I'll give him its one of the 6 songs we haven't heard of the 20, along with Going Down. Listen, in the end neither of us can really be proven right, and I don't think Axl will tell us, or use, CD tracks for a new band.

That's why I think they need to perform before Coachella. Axl needs to prove he's bringing his A game to all the people saying "He's fat, he can't sing anymore, why would anyone pay to see that?".

Makes sense but Coachella is paying a crazy amount due to "first show" exclusive rights. Would be surprised if GN'R plays anything in public before the Coachella gig.

Makes sense but Coachella is paying a crazy amount due to "first show" exclusive rights. Would be surprised if GN'R plays anything in public before the Coachella gig.

Well we don't know that they are, they'd be paying big bucks for a reunited GNR anyway.

I'm betting Adler is involved to a certain extent. Otherwise he would be squawking by now.

Either he gets to play or they have paid him a large amount of money to keep his trap shut. I'm hoping it's the first option. Last thing we need is Adler killing himself because they left him out.

One thing that's funny is, I don't think Axl is washed up. I think if he has the motivation and the drive he can still knock these songs out of the park.

Roy Orbison was 53 years old when he recorded the song "I Drove All Night" and his voice was never stronger, it was a benchmark set for anyone else to record that song, just because you're in your 50s doesn't mean you've lost it. I think Axl & John Fogerty from CCR have a lot in common with the rasp they've put on their albums, John at exactly 70 years old can still Rock and still get down and do ALL of his old songs.

We probably won't start seeing a major difference in his voice until his mid 60s. Theres lot of hope left for Axl. You only lose your voice when you don't use it.

One thing that's funny is, I don't think Axl is washed up. I think if he has the motivation and the drive he can still knock these songs out of the park.

Roy Orbison was 53 years old when he recorded the song "I Drove All Night" and his voice was never stronger, it was a benchmark set for anyone else to record that song, just because you're in your 50s doesn't mean you've lost it. I think Axl & John Fogerty from CCR have a lot in common with the rasp they've put on their albums, John at exactly 70 years old can still Rock and still get down and do ALL of his old songs.

We probably won't start seeing a major difference in his voice until his mid 60s. Theres lot of hope left for Axl. You only lose your voice when you don't use it.

Agree. Its like when hes pissed off or like you said motivated For some reason , its there. Its not only the voice, its overall stage presense....when hes on, you see and hear it. When axl is off or on, its like night and day. 2011-2014 to me it looked like he just didnt care much, unless Duff was there.

Nah. I'll shell out big bucks for one show just to see it. If it sucks, I'll sell the other two shows I bought tickets for, which inevitably I will be able to do. If its great, its great. If it sucks, it'll be easy to make my money back.

You had better get to that first show, then...

You had better get to that first show, then...

I would go anywhere besides a festival. Hate festivals and thats not the crowd I want to see GNR at, even though I agree with you that it could all end after Coachella. If it does, I'll fuck myself for years to come, but I'll take the risk.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Johnny Depp

Bill Burr

Neil Pitman

Jessica Rabbit

Charlie Sheen

R2-D2

R2 could easily replicate all of Pittman's squeals and squawks...

But can he play the triangle and fall over drunk?

...or wear a leather hat?