The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Steven is harmless, he just has a big mouth. I really don't get why he gets all the shit, Axl and Slash are no saints.

Adler has been crying for a reunion since the past 20 years, all his interviews are about how a reunion should happen and now when its happening, he should be involved.

As a fan I will be hurt If he is not involved.

Similar thing with Izzy, We don't even know if they were even informed about this thing or not. All I see this is a partnership between Axl,Slash and Duff. Its like a business venture.

That friendship and the brother ness they had back in the day is pretty much gone.

Adler has been crying for a reunion because he has nothing else to do. All the other members of the band have kept busy with their own stuff

Adler does tour, he released one full album and an EP too.

Go on youtube and check out Adlers Appetite or Adler. Some of his songs are even better than some Slash's songs.

Yes, I know he has his band, but really, how popular is it? Aside from die-hard GN'R fans, no one knows who Adler's Appetite is.

the fact that Steven hasn't spoken lately can be a sign hes might in the bag as well. And why Kushner instead of Gilby Clarke? Makes no sense to me

Hate to be Matt Sorum guy, but Matt Sorum is quiet too. So their silence could mean both are in, it could also mean both are out and were paid a lot of money not to say anything. At this point, the silence means very little cause it could mean anything. Time to talk guys.

Steven is harmless, he just has a big mouth. I really don't get why he gets all the shit, Axl and Slash are no saints.

Adler has been crying for a reunion since the past 20 years, all his interviews are about how a reunion should happen and now when its happening, he should be involved.

As a fan I will be hurt If he is not involved.

Similar thing with Izzy, We don't even know if they were even informed about this thing or not. All I see this is a partnership between Axl,Slash and Duff. Its like a business venture.

That friendship and the brother ness they had back in the day is pretty much gone.

Adler has been crying for a reunion because he has nothing else to do. All the other members of the band have kept busy with their own stuff

Adler does tour, he released one full album and an EP too.

Go on youtube and check out Adlers Appetite or Adler. Some of his songs are even better than some Slash's songs.

Yes, I know he has his band, but really, how popular is it? Aside from die-hard GN'R fans, no one knows who Adler's Appetite is.

It is sad it is not popular, but as a fan does that really matters? The good music matters, As a fan if you know he can play, that matters.

the fact that Steven hasn't spoken lately can be a sign hes might in the bag as well. And why Kushner instead of Gilby Clarke? Makes no sense to me

Hate to be Matt Sorum guy, but Matt Sorum is quiet too. So their silence could mean both are in, it could also mean both are out and were paid a lot of money not to say anything. At this point, the silence means very little cause it could mean anything. Time to talk guys.

Why is it "time to talk"? They really have no obligation to tell us why they aren't part of this line-up if they don't want to

You'll get the original five, Illusion lineup, guests from CD era, and a few buddies of axl, duff, slash.

sounds like a fucking circus

Technically its a rock show.

You'll get the original five, Illusion lineup, guests from CD era, and a few buddies of axl, duff, slash.

Then you gotta tell me where and when, cause if I'm paying $250-$300 then I want that in writing and not just "they'll guest if they want to that night." For that price, everyone better get the same expeirence, or tell us that now so we can start booking our trips to where the real members will be.

I've no idea!

I agree with gnrfan2008. I bet Izzy and Steven, and probably Matt as well, will be involved in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if Kushner is involved as well. I think many people on here (and on FB in particular) are completely over reacting. I've been reading a lot of "Izzy=gnr" and "original 5 or nothing". Which is some bullshit imo.

For one, we don't know that they won't be involved. For 2, if they are not the "full time" members their are probably VERY good reasons. Izzy probably just doesn't want to commit to a full time gig, and Steven... Well I think it's safe to say Axl, Slash, and Duff don't have complete confidence in him. So if they dont, what gives some fans the right to bitch about him not being a full time member. Besides, if he was not involved at all, he would have said something by now. The fact that he hasnt, obviously means he is going to get his chance. So everyone needs to CHILL OUT.

Izzy was an amazing songwriter and a great guitarist, but the guy never wanted the type of success GN'R had. Slash once said he thought the band would have a cult following and nothing more. I bet Izzy figured the same thing. If you look at it on the surface it doesn't make any damn sense that they became so popular. Appetite was one of the earliest albums with a Parental Advisory sticker on it (which should have limited the potential sales), the band was well known for ridiculous drug abuse, sexist lyrics, etc. By all conventional wisdom and logic, they should have never sold 18+ million copies of Appetite in the USA.

For whatever reason they managed to appeal to way more people than any of them ever imagined. Once Izzy got off the drugs, he could not deal with the bullshit that goes along with being in the biggest rock band on Earth with one of the most unstable frontmen in rock history. I don't blame Izzy for wanting to get out and stay out. He is a low key guy who likes to make music on his own terms out of the spotlight. Flip side of this is that I don't begrudge the other guys for wanting to play together even if Izzy won't show up.

Adler...the guy is such a fuckup it's hard to blame Slash, Duff, or Axl for anything as it relates to Steven. He runs his mouth all the time, constantly throws other members under the bus in brutal fashion, SUES them in court, can't stay off drugs any longer than maybe 12-18 months at a time, and so forth.

Having said all that, I do hope Izzy and Steve are involved. We will just have to see how it goes. Maybe Fernando's exciting announcement today will involve those two guys.

I don't disagree with you in regard. You are 100%.

Still no logical reason against Sorum. He's not the same as NuGuns. I'm not arguing for Gilby here. I'm arguing for a guy that played on 3 of the band's 5 albums. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm expecting an explanation from them about his uninvolvement. I don't need to hear about why Izzy and Steven may or may not be involved. We all get why. I want to know why Matt's getting the shaft. He plays on 66% of their glory era studio output. That is only fair.

Could just be as simple as Axl not wanting to be outnumbered as he was during the arguments in the UYI Tour. Could also just be that Matt himself is an asshole (so is Axl, but he's also a founding member of the band and important ingredient...not some hired hand). You aren't allowed much leeway as a hired hand, just the way it goes.

Plus Matt wrote NOTHING. All of the credit for UYI success should go to the original 5. Adler didn't play on the album but he helped make their sound stand out from every other band and that in turn made them unbelievably popular. UYI was going to be a huge seller no matter who drummed on it. Axl/Duff/Izzy/Slash deserve all the credit for the classic material on UYI. So many awesome songs and there isn't a single song where it felt Matt would be missed if you replaced him (compare this to Adler on Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, Paradise, Michelle, Sweet Child, Rocket Queen, etc). The enduring impact of the UYI material was all in the songwriting and performance of the 4 core members.

Edited by GNRfan2008

I agree with gnrfan2008. I bet Izzy and Steven, and probably Matt as well, will be involved in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if Kushner is involved as well. I think many people on here (and on FB in particular) are completely over reacting. I've been reading a lot of "Izzy=gnr" and "original 5 or nothing". Which is some bullshit imo.

For one, we don't know that they won't be involved. For 2, if they are not the "full time" members their are probably VERY good reasons. Izzy probably just doesn't want to commit to a full time gig, and Steven... Well I think it's safe to say Axl, Slash, and Duff don't have complete confidence in him. So if they dont, what gives some fans the right to bitch about him not being a full time member. Besides, if he was not involved at all, he would have said something by now. The fact that he hasnt, obviously means he is going to get his chance. So everyone needs to CHILL OUT.

Izzy was an amazing songwriter and a great guitarist, but the guy never wanted the type of success GN'R had. Slash once said he thought the band would have a cult following and nothing more. I bet Izzy figured the same thing. If you look at it on the surface it doesn't make any damn sense that they became so popular. Appetite was one of the earliest albums with a Parental Advisory sticker on it (which should have limited the potential sales), the band was well known for ridiculous drug abuse, sexist lyrics, etc. By all conventional wisdom and logic, they should have never sold 18+ million copies of Appetite in the USA.

For whatever reason they managed to appeal to way more people than any of them ever imagined. Once Izzy got off the drugs, he could not deal with the bullshit that goes along with being in the biggest rock band on Earth with one of the most unstable frontmen in rock history. I don't blame Izzy for wanting to get out and stay out. He is a low key guy who likes to make music on his own terms out of the spotlight. Flip side of this is that I don't begrudge the other guys for wanting to play together even if Izzy won't show up.

Adler...the guy is such a fuckup it's hard to blame Slash, Duff, or Axl for anything as it relates to Steven. He runs his mouth all the time, constantly throws other members under the bus in brutal fashion, SUES them in court, can't stay off drugs any longer than maybe 12-18 months at a time, and so forth.

Having said all that, I do hope Izzy and Steve are involved. We will just have to see how it goes. Maybe Fernando's exciting announcement today will involve those two guys.

Still no logical reason against Sorum. He's not the same as NuGuns. I'm not arguing for Gilby here. I'm arguing for a guy that played on 3 of the band's 5 albums. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm expecting an explanation from them about his uninvolvement. I don't need to hear about why Izzy and Steven may or may not be involved. We all get why. I want to know why Matt's getting the shaft. He plays on 66% of their glory era studio output. That is only fair.

I don't disagree with you on reguards to Sorum. I for one would rather have him over Frank as well. But again, I do feel he will be involved to a certain degree, or will play some shows, etc. After all he is officially a hall of famer with guns, so all of the "HOF" members should be involved to some degree, and I do believe they will be.

But when it comes to being an "official" band member going forward, im not going to cry if Adler and Sorum days are done. I do think (if new music does happen, that Izzy will be involved with this).

I just don't think it's a big deal if Sorum, Adler, and Izzy are not official touring memebrs. But instead show up as guests.

He's not entirely harmless. He has sued the other band members multiple times and according to Axl, Steven's mother is a huge pain in the ass to deal with. He said if they even play one song together it could open up a legal can of worms with the Adler family. Steven has no one to blame but himself if he is left out of this thing. Can't stay sober for a good amount of time (I'm talking many years, not just a year or so) and has a history of suing/bashing the other members in the media.

I hope he is involved because he played a big part in the so-called GN'R groove that made them a special band compared to everyone else in the last 30 years. But I understand if he's not involved.

• Like 1

Could just be as simple as Axl not wanting to be outnumbered as he was during the arguments in the UYI Tour. Could also just be that Matt himself is an asshole (so is Axl, but he's also a founding member of the band and important ingredient...not some hired hand). You aren't allowed much leeway as a hired hand, just the way it goes.

Plus Matt wrote NOTHING. All of the credit for UYI success should go to the original 5. Adler didn't play on the album but he helped make their sound stand out from every other band and that in turn made them unbelievably popular. UYI was going to be a huge seller no matter who drummed on it. Axl/Duff/Izzy/Slash deserve all the credit for the classic material on UYI. So many awesome songs and there isn't a single song where it felt Matt would be missed if you replaced him (compare this to Adler on Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, Paradise, Child, Rocket Queen, etc). The enduring impact of the UYI material was all in the songwriting and performance of the 4 core members.

You're right and its just a combination of a lot of things that make it bad or worse than it is. If no Steven, then at least get Matt. If you can't get Matt, why do I have to put up with having a shitty drummer like Frank. I get that he was already there, but Brent Fitz is a far fucking better drummer than that. But no, for $300 I'm stuck with the guy that just happened to be there. So its levels. I have nothing against Frank, but he's so far down the line of being included that there's a ton of problems there. The Izzy/Fortus thing makes sense. The revolving drum thing? At least get the best qualified non-original member.

You're right and its just a combination of a lot of things that make it bad or worse than it is. If no Steven, then at least get Matt. If you can't get Matt, why do I have to put up with having a shitty drummer like Frank. I get that he was already there, but Brent Fitz is a far fucking better drummer than that. But no, for $300 I'm stuck with the guy that just happened to be there. So its levels. I have nothing against Frank, but he's so far down the line of being included that there's a ton of problems there. The Izzy/Fortus thing makes sense. The revolving drum thing? At least get the best qualified non-original member.

That is a fair criticism for sure. Probably just comes down to personality. Axl likes him and that goes a long way. Just look at Dizzy Reed who has managed to stick around a long time even though his keyboards are pretty far from essential. Not a bad player by any means but not some incredible wizard that stands out compared to the rest of the GN'R music. Axl likes him and that counts for a lot, haha.

He's not entirely harmless. He has sued the other band members multiple times and according to Axl, Steven's mother is a huge pain in the ass to deal with. He said if they even play one song together it could open up a legal can of worms with the Adler family. Steven has no one to blame but himself if he is left out of this thing. Can't stay sober for a good amount of time (I'm talking many years, not just a year or so) and has a history of suing/bashing the other members in the media.

I hope he is involved because he played a big part in the so-called GN'R groove that made them a special band compared to everyone else in the last 30 years. But I understand if he's not involved.

He and Izzy don't have the right to the name anyways, he and Izzy will be technically and legally hired by Axl, Slash and Duff. They can kick him whenever they want.

I really don't see a problem in this.

Frank makes perfect sense; the Fortus/Ferrer rhythm section is tried and tested, and has even proved it can work with Duff. For something with as much riding on it as the GN'R reunion, you need reliability; with the amounts of money being thrown around, you want as few volatile elements as possible. Axl has proved to promoters that his GN'R touring line-up can deliver the goods in a reliable, efficient manner. Effectively all they're doing is subbing out Slash for DJ and Bumblefoot from the 2014 SA touring line-up – why risk having the wheels fall off the wagon by introducing potentially destabilising elements like Sorum and Adler into the mix? It's just not worth the bother, and they can always bring them (and Izzy) in for fan-pleasing guest appearances.

That is a fair criticism for sure. Probably just comes down to personality. Axl likes him and that goes a long way. Just look at Dizzy Reed who has managed to stick around a long time even though his keyboards are pretty far from essential. Not a bad player by any means but not some incredible wizard that stands out compared to the rest of the GN'R music. Axl likes him and that counts for a lot, haha.

There's definitely also something to be said about someone being there. Frank is a hired hand so why fire a sure fire supporter of you for someone that isn't. I get that. Axl surrounded himself in this new band with enough that if there are arguments he's not alone. That makes sense, and honestly, you think about it now and think "yeah, why would anyone have thought this reunion would have ended in any other way. Of course Axl has his own army." I just want to hear that at least the other guys were offered and I'm praying for a logical reason as to why they aren't other than "Axl didn't want me to."

He and Izzy don't have the right to the name anyways, he and Izzy will be technically and legally hired by Axl, Slash and Duff. They can kick him whenever they want.

If he joins the reunion and fucks up, he could either be back on drugs, or they kick him out and he kills himself for fucking up his chance yet again.

Steven is just so unstable, and he's maintained that track record, that I understand why there's so much hesitation. You really don't know what that guy's gonna do. The only other person in the band like that is Axl, and you can't have the band without him. There are plenty of reasons Steven is passed over, and they are all fair. I still do want to see him participate in some way.

There's definitely also something to be said about someone being there. Frank is a hired hand so why fire a sure fire supporter of you for someone that isn't. I get that. Axl surrounded himself in this new band with enough that if there are arguments he's not alone. That makes sense, and honestly, you think about it now and think "yeah, why would anyone have thought this reunion would have ended in any other way. Of course Axl has his own army." I just want to hear that at least the other guys were offered and I'm praying for a logical reason as to why they aren't other than "Axl didn't want me to."

If he joins the reunion and fucks up, he could either be back on drugs, or they kick him out and he kills himself for fucking up his chance yet again.

Steven is just so unstable, and he's maintained that track record, that I understand why there's so much hesitation. You really don't know what that guy's gonna do. The only other person in the band like that is Axl, and you can't have the band without him. There are plenty of reasons Steven is passed over, and they are all fair. I still do want to see him participate in some way.

Nothing wrong in giving him a chance, as a fan, I seriously don't want to see Ferrer. Hell I would even see Brent Snape Fitz, that guy is damn talented, the way he plays GNR songs, they are flawless.

I have no doubt Izzy was offered. He was in the studio in 2015 with Duff and he has played/written/rehearsed numerous times with Axl/Slash/Duff over the last 20 years. Those three guys know how important he was to the songwriting/attitude/sound and that a lot of fans like us are very aware of his importance. But I would not be surprised at all if Izzy asked whether Steven is involved. When told Steven is out, Izzy very likely said "fuck this." Of everyone in the band, he has the most integrity by far and always did. Goes all the way back to an early quote from him about how rock and roll sucked a big dick since the Pistols. He was in it for the music, period. The flip side of this is he also showed loyalty to Axl by not going to the Hall of Fame gig. That shows integrity when you stand up for any one of the original 5, no matter who it is and no matter which side of the fight they stand on.

We will see though. Maybe Fernando's big announcement today will involve Izzy and Steven. Would be awesome if that happens.

Nothing wrong in giving him a chance, as a fan, I seriously don't want to see Ferrer. Hell I would even see Brent Snape Fitz, that guy is damn talented, the way he plays GNR songs, they are flawless.

If I had likes, I'd give them to you. We both agree 100% there, as if I have to say it again.

• Like 1

Would you guys stop bitching about whos in and whos out and why they're in and why they're out, yous are going around in circles. The only members we know are in are Axl Slash Duff Dizzy and Pitman. I doubt there is a single member on here who doesn't want Steven and Izzy in the reunion, and until we are told via a press release or statement or whatever not a single one of us can know who's in and out and why and why not. If it is Fortus/Frank, fuck all we can do about it, if it's Steven/Izzy, fucking great, we're all going to go to the shows either way.

Plus Matt wrote NOTHING. All of the credit for UYI success should go to the original 5. Adler didn't play on the album but he helped make their sound stand out from every other band and that in turn made them unbelievably popular. UYI was going to be a huge seller no matter who drummed on it. Axl/Duff/Izzy/Slash deserve all the credit for the classic material on UYI. So many awesome songs and there isn't a single song where it felt Matt would be missed if you replaced him (compare this to Adler on Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, Paradise, Child, Rocket Queen, etc). The enduring impact of the UYI material was all in the songwriting and performance of the 4 core members.

that's the kicker tho- matt said he wouldn't do it without steven (according to steven) so both or none

Pretty pumped about this. I'm sure its been said on here already but Axl better be getting his performance in order or he will look like a real donkey for this. Hope he does.

He better be extra good since we won't get Izzy, Adler, Sorum, Gilby to make up for it some.