Duff McKagan Dave Kushner Would Do Velvet Revolver Again

Funky.Monkey

Duff McKagan Dave Kushner Rhonda's Kiss Red Carpet

November 7th, 2015

In a new interview Duff and Dave Kushner are asked about Velvet Revolver rumors "would you guys ever do it again?" They both say yes, Dave Kushner says "Yeah, I'd do it tomorrow." When asked if they could pick a singer, who would be the right guy? Dave Kushner says "Juliette Lewis, I'd pick her, she's pretty good." Duff, "yeah she's pretty good."

@ 6:20

One reunion at a time please!

Maybe they could combine a GNR and VR reunion into one. Just imagine Axl and Scott on the same tour...I think Slash might have a nervous breakdown. :o

Original GNR reunite, but play only VR songs. The ultimate cupcake move!

EDIT: why does the forum change t*r*o*l*l to cupcake? What hooray for tolerance! bullshit.

Edited by axlslash
  • Like 1

One reunion at a time please!

Maybe they could combine a GNR and VR reunion into one. Just imagine Axl and Scott on the same tour...I think Slash might have a nervous breakdown. :o

Original GNR reunite, but play only VR songs. The ultimate cupcake move!

EDIT: why does the forum change t*r*o*l*l to cupcake? What hooray for tolerance! bullshit.

Why cupcake of all words? Anywho, I'm all for a VR reunion, then maybe Myles can do stuff, outside of working with Slash's solo stuff, that I can be excited about with ease.

They always say that. Honestly, no one fucking cares about it if there's a GNR reunion on the table. Focus on that, and if that falls through maybe start trying to get a VR reunion.

Fuck them, Juliette Lewis fucking sucks and is one of the grossest people on earth.

I really like VR, but seriously it was fun while it lasted. It is SO far in the past I don't even know why people still ask them about it. Its almost the definition of a supergroup, and they didn't make a big enough impact or make enough good music to warrant their return. I'd rather like Duff, Slash, Matt and Gilby Clarke got together with a singer and made some music. Dave is fine, but no one really cares, and everyone is so over Scott at this point.

i much prefer juliette lewis over that boring scott weiland dude

scott's addictions have since crippled him, but he was absolutely perfect for VR when they started. they were all newly sober and had a shared message despite different musical backgrounds. and it gelled into a cool record.

all the (or most of the) songs that slash, duff and matt wrote with izzy were discarded by Scott Weiland

he thought they sounded too much like GNR

its OK do do that if you come up with something better (or at least HALF as good) as GNR

its not OK to do that if you come up with Contraband

Duff said in June of this year when Slash was done touring they would look at finding a singer. Slash's tour is done at the end of this month...

Slash told me last year that you guys are still thinking about new singers for Velvet Revolver, any update on that?

Duff McKagan: That guy, Slash, just tours so much! we have to wait until he’s back from tour. So, I don’t know. I don’t know what we’ll do with that. We’ll get back together and try out a singer. And the band is so good, we’ll be like, “F—, we’re just letting this thing go!” But it’s not a race, and we’re all better players than we were in 2004.

http://radio.com/2015/06/16/duff-mckagan-interview-watch-gnr-how-to-be-a-man/

i much prefer juliette lewis over that boring scott weiland dude

I often wonder if it's only me that finds Weiland to be a boring, unimaginative, knock off wanker :P

I've never understood the hype about him, in my book he fucking sucks.

Awesome in STP, nothing much in VR. I hesitated with getting into STP because of it and they ended up becoming one of my favourite bands.

From a new interview with Scott Weiland:

Scott Weiland: Yeah, I do. We’re heavy and we’re tight. It’s a different music business environment than it used to be. When Velvet Revolver released its debut album [in 2004], it went to number one on the Billboard charts and sold six million records, I mean, that’s impossible now. Rock bands, unless you’re like U2, don’t sell anymore. I mean, The Rolling Stones don’t even sell records anymore.

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/aae/item/16740-this-must-be-the-place