Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

But how does Izzy define a reunion? There's his take on Steven and GNR which would counter that quote.

Playing some shows with his old buddies with no bullshit until he gets tired with it and the desert is calling. If he can make 100 mil doing it, that's cool as well.

They want a reunion record? he can go in the studio lay his guitar tracks and get back to whatever.

Edited by Rovim

But how does Izzy define a reunion? There's his take on Steven and GNR which would counter that quote.

Playing some shows with his old buddies with no bullshit until he gets tired with it and the desert is calling. If he can make 100 mil doing it, that's cool as well.

They want a reunion record? he can go in the studio lay his guitar tracks and get back to whatever.

But no Steven, no reunion? To him.

Plus the low key thing isnt going to happen. It's going to be a shit storm. Every bad boy celebrity will be back stage, every musician old and new are going to be there?

But no Steven, no reunion? To him.

Plus the low key thing isnt going to happen. It's going to be a shit storm. Every bad boy celebrity will be back stage, every musician old and new are going to be there?

He played shows just with Axl and his new Guns after he said it's obviously not Gn'R. Duff did the same thing kinda. Plus, Izzy played huge shows with, again, just Axl.

I think the attraction here is more to play with his old friends, I believe he'll swallow the frog and play south america if it will go down.

Steven is the question mark here. I don't know if it's a deal breaker for Izzy. Hard to guess.

Its hard to think how Izzy's mind works, he shows up here and there with Axl to get some cash, people will say if he wants cash then why he is not a permanent member in Axl's band, well the answer for that would be Axl thinks he is not reliable at all which is actually true.

But then you think that if he wants Cash then why he is not doing solo tours or some tours with duff, he will easily sell out clubs and even Arena's in South America.

I'm not on board with a hybrid reunion at all.

Its like relaunching Coke with a big squirt of water inside it and saying its Coke.

Of course I'll fucking shell out for anything they offer me but its the Izzy, Duff, Axl, Slash mix I really want to see again - it was unique.

It will be like Vanilla Coke, it tasted like shit, but you would try it once.

Its hard to think how Izzy's mind works, he shows up here and there with Axl to get some cash, people will say if he wants cash then why he is not a permanent member in Axl's band, well the answer for that would be Axl thinks he is not reliable at all which is actually true.

But then you think that if he wants Cash then why he is not doing solo tours or some tours with duff, he will easily sell out clubs and even Arena's in South America.

Grab some cash? How do yo know this?

Well he wouldn't just pop up like that, Axl said in an interview that the management and Izzy sort out a deal before, like man Izzy can't even come on stage just by calling up Axl and saying "hey bro im coming up tonight" he has to go through TB and all.

Do you think a guy like Izzy would even go through all this stuff if it wasn't for the cash?

who the hell wants Frank Ferrer on drums? the most boring drummer ever... IF a reunion happen i really really hope that the drummer will be Adler or Sorum. i've never liked Ferrer.. he's like.. Pitman No2 on the entertainment scale.. :facepalm:

Why are you and others so against Frank? Why would you call him boring? In new GnR he really wasnt allowed to be out there sharing his personality with interviews etc... like they could in the old days of original GnR, and they dont party on like the rock stars could in the 80's... Franks a cool dude and a fine drummer.....

I would prefer to see Adler or Sorum involved but I would be happy if Frank or any other GnR drummer filled the seat instead. Just my two cents.

Edited by DownUnderScott

Well he wouldn't just pop up like that, Axl said in an interview that the management and Izzy sort out a deal before, like man Izzy can't even come on stage just by calling up Axl and saying "hey bro im coming up tonight" he has to go through TB and all.

Do you think a guy like Izzy would even go through all this stuff if it wasn't for the cash?

I don't think he needs more cash. Izzy seems like a low profile dude, it's not mayweather wasting money on hookers and crystal.

Izzy played again with Axl in 2006, when TB wasn't management.

If Izzy wants some cash we would be touring or would be part of VR when he had the chance. You are delusional if you think a couple cameos over the years would make a difference in his bank account.

Edited by Russel Nash

If Izzy wants some cash we would be touring or would be part of VR when he had the chance. You are delusional if you think a couple cameos over the years would make a difference in his bank account.

If you read the last sentence of my last to last post, then you wouldn't call me delusional, plus everyone likes a little extra cash.

If you read the last sentence of my last to last post, then you wouldn't call me delusional, plus everyone likes a little extra cash.

i read it and it was like an Eddie Trunk comment. Izzy is there for the money but he isn't for the money.

Guitarist Hints At Involvement In Guns N’ Roses Reunion

Richard Fortus, who has been a guitarist for Guns N’ Roses since 2001, is claiming that he is still in Guns N’ Roses, which indicates that he will be involved in the rumored Guns N’ Roses 2016 reunion tour. The rumored lineup would see the core members including Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Richard Fortus, and Frank Ferrer. Fortus and Ferrer would be kept on from the Chinese Democracy era lineup, with Slash and McKagan returning to the fold, so it would be a partial reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup.

Fortus told Casopis.Headliner.cz that while his band Dead Daisies are currently his top priority, he is still in Guns N’ Roses and that it is ‘definitely something.’

He mentioned that he works quickly with Dead Daisies, and that with Guns N’ Roses “everything takes years.”

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx recently spilled the beans on a Guns N’ Roses reunion. Sixx is the second prominent musician to reveal the band is reuniting, after former Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland told Alternative Nation last week. A fan asked Sixx on Twitter last night if Guns N’ Roses were reuniting, and Sixx had a definitive response: ‘THEY ARE. EVERYBODY KNOWS.’ Sixx plays with former Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba in Sixx:A.M., who he has a clear source in the Guns N’ Roses family.

Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba discussed the rumored reunion of GNR’s original lineup on Facebook a few days ago. Ashba said, “Rumors, rumors, read all about it! Personally, I would love to see the original members of Guns N’ Roses reunite. Let’s hope it happens for the fans!!”

He also told a fan, “The fans deserve it. Never forget I am a fan myself.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guitarist-hints-at-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Guitarist Hints At Involvement In Guns N’ Roses Reunion

Richard Fortus, who has been a guitarist for Guns N’ Roses since 2001, is claiming that he is still in Guns N’ Roses, which indicates that he will be involved in the rumored Guns N’ Roses 2016 reunion tour. The rumored lineup would see the core members including Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Richard Fortus, and Frank Ferrer. Fortus and Ferrer would be kept on from the Chinese Democracy era lineup, with Slash and McKagan returning to the fold, so it would be a partial reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup.

Fortus told Casopis.Headliner.cz that while his band Dead Daisies are currently his top priority, he is still in Guns N’ Roses and that it is ‘definitely something.’

He mentioned that he works quickly with Dead Daisies, and that with Guns N’ Roses “everything takes years.”

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx recently spilled the beans on a Guns N’ Roses reunion. Sixx is the second prominent musician to reveal the band is reuniting, after former Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland told Alternative Nation last week. A fan asked Sixx on Twitter last night if Guns N’ Roses were reuniting, and Sixx had a definitive response: ‘THEY ARE. EVERYBODY KNOWS.’ Sixx plays with former Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba in Sixx:A.M., who he has a clear source in the Guns N’ Roses family.

Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba discussed the rumored reunion of GNR’s original lineup on Facebook a few days ago. Ashba said, “Rumors, rumors, read all about it! Personally, I would love to see the original members of Guns N’ Roses reunite. Let’s hope it happens for the fans!!”

He also told a fan, “The fans deserve it. Never forget I am a fan myself.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guitarist-hints-at-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Can't wait to hear Rhiad live again with this lineup.

It just does not feel right, this hybrid. It is hard to find the words but to me it feels like a clunky amalgam, as well as a good example of typical ''Axl Rose confusion''. There is too much of a, Slash/Duff drafted in as hirelings, feel about it. It also seems to smugly reinforce the 'myth' of prioritised membership (during their heyday); remember those bitchy interviews about ''turning Izzy's amp down on stage'' and Izzy, ''not being interested in working on Illusions'' and ''having no stage presence''? Remember also Gilby and Matt being labelled ''additional musicians''? This line-up seems to reinforce the image that somehow Guns N' Roses were less a band and more three certifiable 'stars' who you could fit random musicians around ad hoc.

Accepting the arguments against Adler and Stradlin, you can stick Sorum in there and it just looks immediately better (stick Gilby in there and it looks thoroughly legit, but I seem to be in the minority on that one).

They will have to answer the questions on this to the media, Slash and Duff. I can find no argument whatsoever for Sorum not being present so it will be interesting how they justify that one, and people are going to ask, ''does Adler not at least deserve a chance?'' or ''where is Izzy?''.

Can't wait to hear Slash with Fortus in the same band if true.

I have the feeling that it would sound a lot better than Slash/Gilby

Well that immediately makes me ask, did you have a musical problem with the 1992-93 shows?

Edited by DieselDaisy

It just does not feel right, this hybrid. It is hard to find the words but to me it feels like a clunky amalgam, as well as a good example of typical ''Axl Rose confusion''. There is too much of a, Slash/Duff drafted in as hirelings, feel about it. It also seems to smugly reinforce the 'myth' of prioritised membership (during their heyday); remember those bitchy interviews about ''turning Izzy's amp down on stage'' and Izzy, ''not being interested in working on Illusions'' and ''having no stage presence''? Remember also Gilby and Matt being labelled ''additional musicians''? This line-up seems to reinforce the image that somehow Guns N' Roses were less a band and more three certifiable 'stars' who you could fit random musicians around ad hoc.

Accepting the arguments against Adler and Stradlin, you can stick Sorum in there and it just looks immediately better (stick Gilby in there and it looks thoroughly legit, but I seem to be in the minority on that one).

They will have to answer the questions on this to the media, Slash and Duff. I can find no argument whatsoever for Sorum not being present so it will be interesting how they justify that one, and people are going to ask, ''does Adler not at least deserve a chance?'' or ''where is Izzy?''.

Can't wait to hear Slash with Fortus in the same band if true.

I have the feeling that it would sound a lot better than Slash/Gilby

Well that immediately makes me ask, did you have a musical problem with the 1992-93 shows?

did i said Slash/Gilby sounded bad at the time? Nope.