Terrorist attack thread

alfierose

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A fullsize truck rammed people in a crowded street in middle of Stockholm city ( Drottninggatan) about n hour ago.  Police says it is a act of terror. and gunshots have also been heard in another location in Stockholm. "Fridhemsplan" and "Vasastan"

3 dead people as for now, how many wounded i don't know. :(

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/07/europe/stockholm-truck-crash/index.html

Edited by estranged_85

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Sadly, this is the world we now live in and these sort of attacks basically can't be prevented. One nutter in a vehicle, how do you stop that? :(

exactly,you can't prevent such an attack.. it's tragic. one can only hope that the attack is over for today. rumors about gunshots around the city right now.. but i guess many people are in chock and rumors spread.

So awful... Heading over there in a few days :wacko: I guess I should consider myself lucky I'm not there now.

You can't prevent such an attack, but it seems like Sweden might get military on the streets now too, just like we've been having for over a year now.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

So awful... Heading over there in a few days :wacko: I guess I should consider myself lucky I'm not there now.

You can't prevent such an attack, but it seems like Sweden might get military on the streets now too, just like we've been having for over a year now.

nah, i would be VERY surprised if Sweden get military on the streets on daily basis, but i do hope the overall security gets better. I guess the right-wing politics get a few % for free after this :(

2 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

A fullsize truck rammed people in a crowded street in middle of Stockholm city ( Drottninggatan) about n hour ago.  Police says it is a act of terror. and gunshots have also been heard in another location in Stockholm. "Fridhemsplan" and "Vasastan"

3 dead people as for now, how many wounded i don't know. :(

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/07/europe/stockholm-truck-crash/index.html

this is absolutely horrifying :(

It was an odd feeling getting a text from my brother saying he wasn't on "drottninggatan" and then getting on twitter to see what happened. 

Other than that, this doesn't affect me that much. Racists finds more reasons to hate and blames everybody and especially those who can not be blamed. Only caring about their own agenda and actually believe they're right. 

44 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The world is not safe to live in anymore.

These are terrible atrocities, but it is important to remember that's there's many more things you're likely to be a victim of than a terrorist. Media sensationalism is as much for political purposes as it for the actual events themselves. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, estranged_85 said:

exactly,you can't prevent such an attack.. it's tragic. one can only hope that the attack is over for today. rumors about gunshots around the city right now.. but i guess many people are in chock and rumors spread.

True but seeing those poor children suffering from that chemical attack was just horrible. How can we as humans just ignore it?

I read not sure if it's true, more planes took off and dropped more chemical poisons again. I hope that's not true, but it's like they are telling the US and the world "fuck you", I'll do what I want anyway. Next time, maybe if the US bombs that big ass palace that Assad lives in he'll get the message.

Also didn't Iraq dropped chemicals on Turkey too or maybe their troops. How much of this shit is out there?

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

True but seeing those poor children suffering from that chemical attack was just horrible. How can we as humans just ignore it?

I read not sure if it's true, more planes took off and dropped more chemical poisons again. I hope that's not true, but it's like they are telling the US and the world "fuck you", I'll do what I want anyway. Next time, maybe if the US bombs that big ass palace that Assad lives in he'll get the message.

Also didn't Iraq dropped chemicals on Turkey too or maybe their troops. How much of this shit is out there?

I was talking about the terror attack in Sweden. Had another thread but the mod put it together with this one.

I spent last week in Lyon, France.  Living in the UK I was surprised by the military prescience within the city, not just at stations and airports. We walked through the Parc de la Tête d'Or, people were sitting on the grass enjoying the spring sunshine, we stopped at the swings so my youngest could play, suddenly 6 full armed soldiers were roaming through the kids playground. Whilst my kids freaked, I was utterly dismayed to see no one else batted an eyelid, an accepted part of their daily lives. I'm not stupid, I watch the news but I guess living unaffected in my safe little town, I felt immune to the violence going on else where, it was a small thing but really an eye opening moment to the kind of world we live in today. 

Okay, US launched the "mother of all bombs" on Afganastan and supposedly killed up to 94 ISIS members that were like rats in the caves.

What I want to know is who does the counting when something like this happens? I mean does ISIS come out and say you killed 94 of my people or is someone just guessing.

If this bomb does what they say it did, very cool. I'm very impressed when the US comes up with another killing device.

Also is anyone going to stop the maniac who rules North Korea. This weekend they are having a celebration and showing all their wonderful killing machines. I think the US war ships need to show some force to make this crazy bastard stop his shit.

you know Hitler was a crazy killing bastard, but it seems as the years go by we keep getting more and more crazies heading up governments around the world. How can the free world deal with all this shit?

I'm so sick of all the evil in the world. I think it's time for another plague or turning people into stone or something.

If there is a God he is letting man get way out of hand right about now.