Death Magnetic was a great Metallica album.

Towelie

It's pretty decent. One of those albums with no really amazing songs but every one has enough merit to make it listenable.

St. Anger is irredeemable. It baffles me that multimillionaires with access to the world's best producers and writers put out that album. Part of me thinks it's an elaborate practical joke. Like they were just thinking "what's the absolute worst thing we can put out and actually call a record?". There's one decent idea on the whole album (All Within My Hands) but even that is completely ruined by the production.

Edited by bacardimayne

I liked Metallica back in the day but honestly, everything after the Loads (and Reload was mostly turd) has done absolutely nothing for me.

When I hear Death Magnetic, I just hear little bits of all their good, old songs mishmashed into new, meh songs with James' now horrible vocals and melodies.

Just like Black Sabbath's 13...

• Like 1

I liked Metallica back in the day but honestly, everything after the Loads (and Reload was mostly turd) has done absolutely nothing for me.

When I hear Death Magnetic, I just hear little bits of all their good, old songs mishmashed into new, meh songs with James' now horrible vocals and melodies.

Just like Black Sabbath's 13...

That's one thing that really bothered me with DM. After years of Metallica writing songs in lower tunings, they go back up to E and expect an older Hetfield to sound younger? What kind of logic was that? Metallica would do better to write songs that fit James' vocals now. Granted, his voice isn't what it used to be, but there's no reason to write songs in E standard anymore. Unless they're instrumentals.

DM was better than 13, IMO. 13 sucked big time. DM was average, though. Plus, wtf man? Metallica's touring like GnR, playing even in freakin Antartica, making movies, releasing Lulu and all that shit. And then they go and drop LORDS OF SUMMER. Fuck lol