Izzy

Billsfan

I immediately cringe when i see someone make a thread with a title "Izzy"

I swear i saw 25-30 threads with this title, even 4-5 on this very section....

Nobody seems to know whether or not Izzy will be involved. No one has really asked this question. I think it'd be cool to get Marc's take. So I asked Marc and no one else so.. There's that.

Every fan is a big expert and has Izzy not doing this reunion tour so, I'm just curious as to Marc's opinion on if Izzy will do it or not...

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

In 2007 was the last time I talked to Izzy and he was very much in to a reunion at that time. I think he would still want it but with Izzy you never know if he will show up when it's game time.

Hi Marc - hope you are well !

So did you actually have dialogue with Izzy in 2007 about a possible reunion? Why and how did the topic come up? Where were you when you spoke with him? Did you guys talk about Axl vs Slash and their poor relationship? Details please ! :-)

One more thing (sorry but how often do we regular folk get to chat with a bloke like you!), - was Izzy unreliable on the early years - like the mid to late 80's ? Obviously Axl gets a bad rap but was Izzy late for rehearsals or gigs in the early days?

In 2007 was the last time I talked to Izzy and he was very much in to a reunion at that time. I think he would still want it but with Izzy you never know if he will show up when it's game time.

That right there is already better insight than 99% of the speculation on this board. Thanks Marc!

• Like 1

thanks marc for the insight

it appears that izzy will then do guest spots along with adler hopefully at the very least

To be fair we don't really know exactly what the lineup will be..

oh we know - its the hybrid

well, we think we know. We have speculation based off of journalists doing basic math. Fortus and frank are the only two who sounded like they were kinda, sorta in the loop, but then again dj also sounded like that too before he quit.. Also now EVERYONE, including even Adler, are silent.

The silence may mean something...

• Like 1

Hi Marc - hope you are well !

So did you actually have dialogue with Izzy in 2007 about a possible reunion? Why and how did the topic come up? Where were you when you spoke with him? Did you guys talk about Axl vs Slash and their poor relationship? Details please ! :-)

One more thing (sorry but how often do we regular folk get to chat with a bloke like you!), - was Izzy unreliable on the early years - like the mid to late 80's ? Obviously Axl gets a bad rap but was Izzy late for rehearsals or gigs in the early days?

Yes I talked to Izzy on the phone when we were doing the band members interviews for Reckless Road. When I told him what I had put together, thats when he told me that musically those were the best times and thats when the music was real. I forget what he said about getting everyone together again but he was in to it.

Edited by recklessroad