iThread

Snake-Pit

Outside the Apple Store in London's Covent Garden, the queue was almost non-existent – a stark contrast compared to previous years.

Torrential rain overnight may have driven many customers away and by around 7.30am there were just 40 people outside the store.

By the time doors opened at 8am there were more Apple staff inside the shop than there were customers outside.  

386D932200000578-3792024-image-a-91_1474

In Tokyo, student Rei Yokoyama, who queued in front of a store since 4 am, was unable to get an iPhone 7 Plus.

'I'd like to try the dual camera on the iPhone 7 Plus, though today it was sold out so I got the iPhone 7,'

Wu Ting, a 28-year-old from Nanjing, said she was surprised to find herself first in line at an Apple Store in Shanghai on Friday – a public holiday in China.

'I found last year that there were crowds of people, but this year almost no-one. I came an hour early thinking I'd have to wait a long time before getting seen,' she said.

Sales in China will be the acid test for Apple's year ahead: the success of the iPhone 6 in China drove sales last year, while the slower-burn 6S contributed to Apple's first global revenue drop in over a decade earlier this year.

In Beijing's fashionable Sanlitun shopping district, several people who had already grabbed new iPhone 7s were hawking them for a markup just outside a flagship store.

Similar scenes were seen in Hong Kong where those who were first to get one of the new iPhones sold them to dealers across the street.

12 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I don't want to live in this world anymore. Are they buying more than 1 phone? Am I seeing this right? 

What the heck am I watching? The world is fucked!!! That fat wanker.

These are meant to be Aussies also. They should be drinking beer, driving utes and listening to cricket, rather than fannying on like that.

people on this forum mensturating about the price of an iphone should probably stop and consider how much some of em lay out to watch a 2 and a half hour performance of middle aged men playing guitar and dancing and how that figures for value for money compared to a phone that a person is likely to use everyday of their lives.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

people on this forum mensturating about the price of an iphone should probably stop and consider how much some of em lay out to watch a 2 and a half hour performance of middle aged men playing guitar and dancing and how that figures for value for money compared to a phone that a person is likely to use everyday of their lives.

Well sometimes you gotta try things in life. If I pay once, I won't keep on paying an insane amount of money for the same shit again and again.