iThread

Snake-Pit

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I might have to get that new macbook, mines getting old, 2012 model.

Well I have the 2012, but that got degraded to the late 2011 model thanks to the douchebags at Apple.

So you are considering the Macbook or the Macbook Pro? 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well I have the 2012, but that got degraded to the late 2011 model thanks to the douchebags at Apple.

So you are considering the Macbook or the Macbook Pro? 

Pro, mines a 2012 too.  The fuckin' volume bugs me, don't go up that much, other than that it's fuckin' mustard, never gone wrong on me once.  And I've cracked the screen, cracked the trackpad, still fuckin' works and all that.  Really and truly speaking there's no reason to change it, I'm sure I could get a few more years out of it.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Pro, mines a 2012 too.  The fuckin' volume bugs me, don't go up that much, other than that it's fuckin' mustard, never gone wrong on me once.  And I've cracked the screen, cracked the trackpad, still fuckin' works and all that.  Really and truly speaking there's no reason to change it, I'm sure I could get a few more years out of it.

Well I got it customized to the highest specifications and within 4 years it got fucked, then I gave it to Apple and they fucked it up more and now its making weird noises. 

My mom has a refurbished 2011 Macbook Air and it worked like a charm till a few months back, but now even that has given up hope. 

so me paying 1000 euros extra for an i7 processor and extra ram was not worth it.......

Just now, Slash787 said:

Well I got it customized to the highest specifications and within 4 years it got fucked, then I gave it to Apple and they fucked it up more and now its making weird noises. 

My mom has a refurbished 2011 Macbook Air and it worked like a charm till a few months back, but now even that has given up hope. 

so me paying 1000 euros extra for an i7 processor and extra ram was not worth it.......

Mines never gone wrong...but then i dont use it for fuck all, downloading films and music, watching football streams, thats about it really.  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Mines never gone wrong...but then i dont use it for fuck all, downloading films and music, watching football streams, thats about it really.  

Well same here man, I don't edit movies or videos, nor I use photoshop. 

But I never cracked the screen or cracked the trackpad. First my charging port got fucked, then my battery got fucked. I gave it to apple, they changed for $200, even in that it took them 2 to 3 weeks to do it, but then they said that my Ram was also fucked, so they removed 4gbs of Ram, so from 8 its not 4. 

Then it worked fine for a year, then after that it was not switching on and the charging port again had problems, so I gave it to Apple again, they said the mother board got fucked, so they said it will take $500 to change it, again they took 3 weeks for this, when I came back home with the laptop, it showed an i5 processor and not i7, so I got pissed and went to them, then they changed it to the late 2011 i7 processor cause supposedly the 2012 processor was not in stock.

Then in the meantime my moms laptops charging port was not working, then I thought to get it changed, so I went they said they will check and tell me within 2 days, so they called me and said the charging port is fine and the problem is with the processor, I was like WHAT THE FUCK, I went there and the laptop was dead, I said it was in working condition, only it was not charging properly, they were like no it was dead when you gave and blah blah, so fucking assholes charged another $500 for that......

so well this is my story. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had android phones up until a few months ago. The last 3 android phones I've had have been shit so I ended up buying an Iphone. I've had no problems with it so fa and am more than happy with it.

Now my laptop is getting worn out. I've always had microsoft laptops but the last two I've had have had their fair share of issues. I'm considering a macbook now but they're pretty expensive.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

After finally downloading the latest iOS on my old faithful iPhone 5S I have decided that when my contract is up I will not be purchasing another Apple product.

Yup, it's that bad. 

I have an Iphone 5 and I din't even upgrade to iOS 9, so iOS 10 is a far away thing cause I know as soon as a I download it, my phone will be a worthless piece of shit. 

16 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I have an Iphone 5 and I din't even upgrade to iOS 9, so iOS 10 is a far away thing cause I know as soon as a I download it, my phone will be a worthless piece of shit. 

I was told it finally lets you delete the useless Apps like Stocks and whatnot so I figured I'd give it a try. Sure, it let me delete most of those Apps but the exchange was now my battery can barely hold a charge. I've tried all the troubleshooting - low power mode, turned off all my data hogging Apps (which got reset after the update), and still no luck. I used to be able to get a day and a half with regular use and now I can lose 50% in an hour from it sitting in my pocket.

Apple continues to drop the ball.

• 3 months later...

Apple will start manufacturing the Iphone SE in India by April with the help of Wistorn Corp, it is one of the growing markets for Apple products, at the moment Apple products are pretty high priced in India cause of the Import Duties and Taxes, mostly phones are expensive by $300 and Macbooks by the price of $500 compared to the US, so hopefully that will at least reduce the price of the phones in the coming future.