Closer to Axl

Słash

My belief is not whats being questioned here, the truth behind your claims regarding having read Dickens are and you can prevaricate all day long, all it does is make you look a liar.

Seriously, if you have read them and feel yourself qualified to make comparitive judgement whats the problem with offering me a small insight into the works that you are comparing? I mean surely thats reasonable, you're making a claim that suggests you have knowledge of a particular thing, whats wrong with elaborating a little to flesh out your perspective?

But you won't cuz you can't cuz you're making it up, you just like chucking these names out there and saying vague non-specific things to make you look clever when all you do is make yourself look like a dunce and a waffler.

Annie: AXL ROSE IS LIKE BEETHOVEN!!!!

Len: Why?

Annie: Cuz Beethoven was a maverick!

Len: How so?

Annie: Uh...i don't feel like writing a book report!

:lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

This is becoming my new favourite thread. Del, I believe even more now! Let's take a moment to digest the fact that we are debating if Del James, the GN'R roadie turned writer turned personal assistant is of equal literary weight to Charles Dickens.

• Like 1

This is becoming my new favourite thread. Del, I believe even more now! Let's take a moment to digest the fact that we are debating if Del James, the GN'R roadie turned writer turned personal assistant is of equal literary weight to Charles Dickens.

Mind blowing isn't it? :lol:

• Like 1

Mind blowing isn't it? :lol:

I'd say only on a GN'R forum but that's an exhausted phrase on here.

• Like 1

I am not an idiot. I have read the books I mentioned and I have seen the movies. I thought I made my point clear that Del has STORY talent. He wrote stories about the lower classes just like Dickens. He wrote about the dark side of life like Dickens. He wrote about drug abuse and sexual perversity. I like his work. That does make me an idiot. I could write an entire dissertation for a PHD and that would not satisfy Len!

I don't care if you don't think I read the books. I know that I did.

And right now I am a little more concerned about the protests and potential riots right around the corner from where I work. I hope we can all get home safely tonight.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

If Del was best buddies with Slash at the moment and not Axl, then Annie would have a different story to tell.....

There may be some truth to that statement in that I would not have met Del if he was not a GNR show because I have never attended a Slash show. BUt I loved his book and I love the November Rain video.

If Del was best buddies with Slash at the moment and not Axl, then Annie would have a different story to tell.....

There may be some truth to that statement in that I would not have met Del if I was at a Slash show vs a GNR show. BUt I loved his book and I love the November Rain video.

So you just confirmed that you are a biased person, I doubt you would even go to a Slash show.

• Like 1

There may be some truth to that statement in that I would not have met Del if I was at a Slash show vs a GNR show. BUt I loved his book and I love the November Rain video.

So you just confirmed that you are a biased person, I doubt you would even go to a Slash show.

I am not particularly interested in attending a Slash show. I am not biased, I would love his work regardless and that is the truth. I just would not have met him if he were not part of the GNR camp. I really like meeting artists whose work I admire. George RR Martin is on my bucket list. Love me some Game of Thrones!

I am not particularly interested in attending a Slash show. I am not biased, I would love his work regardless and that is the truth. I just would not have met him if he were not part of the GNR camp. I really like meeting artists whose work I admire. George RR Martin is on my bucket list. Love me some Game of Thrones!

You yourself is confused, on one hand you say you like to meet the artist whose work you admire, then you say you would not have met him if he was not a part of the GNR camp? What has an Artist of your liking got to do with GNR or Slash or Elmo?

I bet for you Fernando would be the best managers in the music industry.

You yourself is confused, on one hand you say you like to meet the artist whose work you admire, then you say you would not have met him if he was not a part of the GNR camp? What has an Artist of your liking got to do with GNR or Slash or Elmo?

I bet for you Fernando would be the best managers in the music industry.

What I meant was that I only had the opportunity to meet Del was because I saw him in the elevator of the Hard Rock Hotel. He remembered me from a previous encounter as was nice enough to talk to me . I love meeting artists but the oppurtunities don't always present themselves. That's why I like going to cons and Broadway shows, you have a much greater chance of meeting an actor or writer that you like.