Earliest you can put up christmas decorations?

wasted

• 7 months later...
On 11/25/2015 at 6:51 AM, wasted said:

The gay guys across in the other building just put up a ton of christmas lights. It's still November. It seems a bit early?

i actually saw Christmas lights up before Halloween last year. i hate this. and i have seen commercials for Christmas in September ( they did it under the guise of we've brought layaway back, but still unacceptable to me. ) whatever happened to waiting until after Thanksgiving? and don't even get me started on Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving now!

On 11/25/2015 at 10:07 AM, Gracii Guns said:

That's nice. I've not heard of decorating for advent before. We do have the Advent Ring ready to go, though, which I'm excited about. My atheist friends came round and I explained what the Advent Ring was about and the tradition of it, which they really loved.

I'm not starting decorating our flat until my work has dried up for the year. I'm hoping that I'll be done by December 20th, but magazine work is all about waiting on people to get stuff done.

I'm also scared of what will happen when we introduce the kitten to the tinsel. Want to minimise that as much as possible.

my cat loves to bat ornaments off my tree so i have learned to put the breakable ones high up in the branches :) also i have had cats in the past who liked climbing my tree! i don't use tinsel as i am sure my cat would eat it. little devils they are but so cute and cuddly you gotta love them :wub:

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i actually saw Christmas lights up before Halloween last year. i hate this. and i have seen commercials for Christmas in September ( they did it under the guise of we've brought layaway back, but still unacceptable to me. ) whatever happened to waiting until after Thanksgiving? and don't even get me started on Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving now!

Life is just a party and shopping for christmas never stops. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

Life is just a party and shopping for christmas never stops. 

i am an anomaly, a woman who hates shopping. well shopping in real stores. i used to buy the most awful gifts cos i would get frustrated going from store to store, one year i just got sweaters for everyone and not even good ones. then i got my first computer and discovered the wonderful world of online shopping! i give great gifts now and instead of Black Friday i do Cyber Monday. soooo much better!

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i am an anomaly, a woman who hates shopping. well shopping in real stores. i used to buy the most awful gifts cos i would get frustrated going from store to store, one year i just got sweaters for everyone and not even good ones. then i got my first computer and discovered the wonderful world of online shopping! i give great gifts now and instead of Black Friday i do Cyber Monday. soooo much better!

Shopping for me is just going to the food court. Then I think I'm in Jackie Brown. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

I might send all my gifts in Oct then kick back and relax. Start drinking Bailey's and Sherry early. Where's the gammon and cranberry sauce!

i used to take a week off in early November and get mine done. of course now the stores are probably already full of Christmas shoppers by then :no:

34 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i used to take a week off in early November and get mine done. of course now the stores are probably already full of Christmas shoppers by then :no:

Me and my brother (Chaz Sheen obviously) are re-gifting the same amazon gift card back and forth.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I just make a packet of Paxo, put up the plastic tree and down a bottle of JD. 

i don't drink much, maybe some wine here and there mostly on holidays. a few cocktails before/during concerts. but for Christmas morning there is a drink i do, it's basically an orange julius with vodka :P OJ, cream soda, vodka throw it in a blender with ice and whirl it up to frosty goodness! then top with a swirl of whipped cream. yummy :heart:

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

Me and my brother (Chaz Sheen obviously) are re-gifting the same amazon gift card back and forth.  

oh yeah i forgot gift cards! God Bless 'Em. that and gift bags. i wrap presents like an ill-trained chimp would so just being able to put the gift in a bag is priceless! i even fancy it up with some sparkly tissue paper on the top :lol:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh yeah i forgot gift cards! God Bless 'Em. that and gift bags. i wrap presents like an ill-trained chimp would so just being able to put the gift in a bag is priceless! i even fancy it up with some sparkly tissue paper on the top :lol:

I just buy stuff from department stores that wrap stuff for you. It's saying Here's a gift, I'm loaded and too lazy to wrap this. 

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never saw that flick, what transpires that put you off vodka and cranberry?

Leo goes into a bar and orders a cranberry juice. The guy next him says that's what my wife orders when it's her time of the month. So Leo beats the shit out of him. It just changed the image of cranberry juice from Christmas to ass kicking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I just buy stuff from department stores that wrap stuff for you. It's saying Here's a gift, I'm loaded and too lazy to wrap this. 

seeing as how i don't buy at department stores not an option for me. my dad ( before gift bags ) used to make my ex step mom wrap her own gifts. she is an unmitigated bitch so i don't really care though :lol:

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Leo goes into a bar and orders a cranberry juice. The guy next him says that's what my wife orders when it's her time of the month. So Leo beats the shit out of him. It just changed the image of cranberry juice from Christmas to ass kicking. 

LOL

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

I'm thinking of just sending an e-card to everyone this year.

Nobody really needs another box set of hankerchiefs or a scented candle do they?

oh that made me think of these creepy e-cards i saw last year, you could put your face in these psychotic looking reindeer and such! yes do e-cards ( can i be on your Christmas card list?? :P )