There Was a Time Sheet Music

BetterDay7

Does anyone have sheet music for TWAT? (printed?)

Just picking your brains as I can buy it online. (Though only as a download - would love to have it on really nice paper in an 'olde fashioned way'.)

I'm thinking of a) getting a tattoo related to this song. Obvs, I don't want to have TWAT tattooed on my body. I might go for 'there was a time' in script or, perhaps more enigmatically, a set of chords or notes from the song. If anyone can recommend a nice looking set of chords from TWAT let me know.

b) I'd like to frame the whole set of sheet music maybe. If I have room on my walls.

Any feedback welcome.

X

Edited by BetterDay7

Does the song mean a lot to you? or, are you just getting it because you like the song?

I think getting musical notation is a bit tacky (apologies), maybe and! it's a big maybe! If you're a musician getting musical notation isn't that bad an idea (I don't think I'd do it though). I put it right up there with the people who get Chinese / Japanese, or any foreign language that they don't understand on their bodies... it's just not a good idea. You could end up with anything tattooed on yourself, and you really wouldn't know any different if it was right or wrong.

If you have to get a band tattoo, my opinion is make it something that - means a lot to you, that has meant a lot to you for a long time and is not likely to change (because artists do and say things that change even the most hardened fans minds). Think of the guy who got the portrait of DJ Ashba on his back with a giant GnR logo beside it... I assume he though it was a great idea at the time :D but, I would like to think he now wishes he'd stuck with Dizzy or, Chris ideas instead.

Now! if you are dead set on getting this done, get the sheet music (don't cheap out) find someone who can actually read music (not guitar tab) figure out what part of the song you like, and they'll listen to the track following the sheet music identifying where the chords / melody that you like occur. Alternatively, you could go to someone who can transcribe and get them to write out the few bars you like. Good Luck! :)

• Like 1

Does the song mean a lot to you? or, are you just getting it because you like the song?

I think getting musical notation is a bit tacky (apologies), maybe and! it's a big maybe! If you're a musician getting musical notation isn't that bad an idea (I don't think I'd do it though). I put it right up there with the people who get Chinese / Japanese, or any foreign language that they don't understand on their bodies... it's just not a good idea. You could end up with anything tattooed on yourself, and you really wouldn't know any different if it was right or wrong.

If you have to get a band tattoo, my opinion is make it something that - means a lot to you, that has meant a lot to you for a long time and is not likely to change (because artists do and say things that change even the most hardened fans minds). Think of the guy who got the portrait of DJ Ashba on his back with a giant GnR logo beside it... I assume he though it was a great idea at the time :D but, I would like to think he now wishes he'd stuck with Dizzy or, Chris ideas instead.

Now! if you are dead set on getting this done, get the sheet music (don't cheap out) find someone who can actually read music (not guitar tab) figure out what part of the song you like, and they'll listen to the track following the sheet music identifying where the chords / melody that you like occur. Alternatively, you could go to someone who can transcribe and get them to write out the few bars you like. Good Luck! :)

Brill reply. Thank you!

Yes, I can read music, though not necessarily expertly. I take what you mean about notes. There are six chords that do it for me every time.

Also about longevity. I will think on.

The song means a great deal to me.

Okay, to open up a bit... T.W.A.T is a song of reminiscence, rejection, anger and disappointment. But it also signals a time of 'moving on' in that he says, "knowing you it wouldn't change a damn thing... but there was a time." The “but there was a time…” harks back to a happy, intense time, much in the way that the lyrics of Sweet Child O’ Mine do, actually, another song about memories. But it sounds like the singer/writer is putting it all behind him now...

Maybe I'll feel differently in a year or two. You could be right. Perhaps if I buy the sheet music and get it all framed (my friend's a superb framer) and then see how I feel about the tattoo. I have NO tattoos at present.

​Oh, I did think about getting the words 'sitting pretty' tattooed on me - from the song. That's fairly innocuous.

Thanks again!

BD7

Edited by BetterDay7
  • Like 1

Brill reply. Thank you!

Yes, I can read music, though not necessarily expertly. I take what you mean about notes. There are six chords that do it for me every time.

Also about longevity. I will think on.

The song means a great deal to me.

Okay, to open up a bit... T.W.A.T is a song of reminiscence, rejection, anger and disappointment. But it also signals a time of 'moving on' in that he says, "knowing you it wouldn't change a damn thing... but there was a time." The “but there was a time…” harks back to a happy, intense time, much in the way that the lyrics of Sweet Child O’ Mine do, actually, another song about memories. But it sounds like the singer/writer is putting it all behind him now...

Maybe I'll feel differently in a year or two. You could be right. Perhaps if I buy the sheet music and get it all framed (my friend's a superb framer) and then see how I feel about the tattoo. I have NO tattoos at present.

​Oh, I did think about getting the words 'sitting pretty' tattooed on me - from the song. That's fairly innocuous.

Thanks again!

BD7

I think that's a safe place to start! And you don't need to be an expert reader so you should be just fine!

Have fun!