BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

fucking just found out right now

never been a big fan but somehow i feel fucking sad...

He's very close to GnR.... Practically the second singer since VR was pretty much a second GnR. Noone this close to GnR has passed away... They're all getting older....

What shit news.

I loved STP, VR and even Art of Anarchy. He was just so gifted at creating melodies and vocal llnes. Seriously, you guys need to check out Art of Anarchy's album, it's probably the best rock album I've heard in the last five years.

RIP Scott. :(

Long Ago is a song that represented my summer and all the crap my family and I went through. I bought the AOA album because of bumble but this song made me a huge fan of weiland...

Let's all hope Scott has found peace and is in a better place. My condolences and sympathy to his family, especially his children. To his friends and anyone who was in any way inspired by him I offer you all a toast to Scotts life. May he rest in peace.........

Go listen to "Core" it's a great album!

RIP

What shit news.

I loved STP, VR and even Art of Anarchy. He was just so gifted at creating melodies and vocal llnes. Seriously, you guys need to check out Art of Anarchy's album, it's probably the best rock album I've heard in the last five years.

RIP Scott. :(

Long Ago is a song that represented my summer and all the crap my family and I went through. I bought the AOA album because of bumble but this song made me a huge fan of weiland...

The whole album is fucking brilliant. Get On Down, Small Batch Whiskey, Aqualung... it's criminally overlooked and underrated.

I urge anyone who loves great rock music to buy Art of Anarchy's last album.

"Black Gives Way To Blue"

(feat. Elton John)

I don't wanna feel no more

It's easier to keep falling

Imitations are pale

Emptiness all tomorrows

Haunted by your ghost

Lay down, black gives way to blue

Lay down, I'll remember you

Fading out by design

Consciously avoiding changes

Curtains drawn, now it's done

Silencing all tomorrows

Forcing a goodbye

Lay down, black gives way to blue

Lay down, I'll remember you

Just posted on Facebook by Weiland's long time friend /bandmate/collaborator,Doug Grean:

I'm very sad to hear of the passing of my good friend and partner of many years Scott Weiland. My heart goes out to his wife, kids and mom and dad also to the fans - I know how much you all loved him. He was a good man, he was a complicated man, he was a talented man. I hope he's at peace now. God bless everybody. Stay safe. Be kind to each other