BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

Absolutely horrible news. I was (/am) a HUGE fan. Can't believe this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I've lost my dad this year. Also lost an aunt and a cousin. I've cried a lot. And now I cry again.

It feels weird how personal this loss feels. He was an amazing artist. Very talented. Hope he has found peace now.

• Like 1

This new is not a shock, we all knew that this was a very possible outcome of the life that Scott lead. Hell even this news would have been appropriate anytime between 1996 and 2015

However that does not make this any less sad or any less of a damn shame that someone so talented could be brought down by such ugly inner demons. The "rock star brought to death by drug addiction" is such a common thing and it just sucks to see these artists who are so great fade away and their flames burn out. It just really, really sucks.

RIP

Not the biggest fan and having read about his condition in the past year, this really didn't come as a surprise. The guy was hopping from project to project while on drugs, obviously being put on stage and in recording studios cause he still had some name recognition. I heard an old Stern interview couple of months ago when Velvet Revolver came on to promote their first single and he was a lot more coherent and spirited than the interview posted in this thread. I guess it was just too hard not to relapse. My condolences to the fans.

Fuck, that's a shock. He'll be remembered through some great songs, at least. For those who only know his Velvet Revolver work, I highly recommend you check out the Stone Temple Pilot's greatest hits Thank You. Rest easy.

• Like 1

This is such sad news. He was obviously a troubled soul but its still a shock. I feel for the family and friends he's left behind. The first band I ever went to see were STP back in 1994, they played Leeds Town & County Club. It was my first ever gig and twenty odd years later after seeing so many other bands, I can tell you it was one of the best, that night they were amazing, the band were so tight and he was such an incredible performer. RIP Scott x

• Like 1