BREAKING: Scott Weiland dead

KeyserSoze

Yep, have totally been there. And have seen it happen to others. Family friend of ours had a father who was a drunk...was never there for the kids, did not pay child support and even insisted the kids were not his and their mother must have rigged the DNA test. When he died (of alcohol related complications, natch) the rest of the family portrayed him as Super Dad in the obits. There was a bit of drama because they could not understand why his kids didn't actually care that he had died and would not sing his praises. But why should they have done that?

I honestly do not buy the 60K a month deal. No judge would do that to someone who was not making tangible millions a year. Scott wasnt. Under CA community property rules she would have gotten half his VR royalties and that would have been taken into consideration too. STP stuff would have been safe because it was before the marriage.

He never said he was paying 60k a month- he said he had to come up with 60k a month between child support, alimony, and his own expenses.

If the kid became an atheist because of Scott, we can say he did do a good thing to his children. Weird how she makes it look like a bad thing to break free from religion.

I've read that part many times now and I got the impression that it was Scott who became atheist.

Not that it matters, but he sings in Circles:

"There's no angels

There's no servants to save me

Save me

Ain't no heavens, no masters protect you

I'll care for you"

But yeah, anyways, I think it was a good letter. Sure, the real truth might lie somewhere in the middle, but it's always good to de-glorify drug-use.

Yeah I'll have to reread it. I was almost sleeping when I read it last night.

i read it that way aswell....i thought their son refused to watch other kids participate in a parade or something lol

it did strike me as odd she brought that up but it makes total sense now that she was talking about Scott....that was a dick move by him

im not a believer either but not enough to not go see my kids on Christmas Eve

She was saying that Scott would not see the kids perform in a Christmas play because he was atheist. Yeah, that was definitely a dick move...if your kids are in a play, you go see them. A lot of the time those things are mostly a celebration of the season and not overtly religious anyway.

Also seems strange considering he released an album of Christmas song covers.

Terribly sad news about Scott Weiland's death.

I don't know much about STP but I DO love some Velvet Revolver esp. Weiland's 'For a Brother' about his younger brother, Michael, who died from, I believe, drug-related causes. I find the dreamy bridge really haunting and even more since SW's death was announced.

Much prefer Libertad from which this song is taken, to Contraband but I seem to be in a minority on that.

Perla made some derogatory remarks about VR, saying something like it wasn't Slash's best moment/work. I don't think they are amazing (my taste( but I think some tracks are truly outstanding.

I watched Scott's interview with Howard Stern from 2011 I believe. What happened to him when he was 12 is absolutely terrible. You can't help but wonder how much that particular incident effected the rest of his life. I understand Howard Stern has a job he's doing and it's how he is, but that shouldn't exclude him from acting like a civil person. I mean when someone is telling you they were raped at 12 years old, it doesn't need to be followed up with "Did he make you suck his cock?" Jesus Christ- reminds me why I lost interest in Howard Stern.

• Like 2

I don't know much about STP but I DO love some Velvet Revolver esp. Weiland's 'For a Brother' about his younger brother, Michael, who died from, I believe, drug-related causes. I find the dreamy bridge really haunting and even more since SW's death was announced.

Much prefer Libertad from which this song is taken, to Contraband but I seem to be in a minority on that.

Perla made some derogatory remarks about VR, saying something like it wasn't Slash's best moment/work. I don't think they are amazing (my taste( but I think some tracks are truly outstanding.

VR was an ok band its just hard to live up to expectations when your form a super group like that

i think Contraband sounds a bit dated these days. it sounds like an early 2000 album.

Edited by -W.A.R-

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-kids-funeral-eulogies/

Mary and Scott's kids pull a no show. Slash and Duff give Eulogies.

Interesting article I read today... probably more on Rolling Stone... but this pretty much explains why Mary and his kids didn't show. I don't blame Mary at all... frankly:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/09/scott-weiland-ex-wife-pens-emotional-letter-are-most-devastated-that-chose-to/?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

Interesting article I read today... probably more on Rolling Stone... but this pretty much explains why Mary and his kids didn't show. I don't blame Mary at all... frankly:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/09/scott-weiland-ex-wife-pens-emotional-letter-are-most-devastated-that-chose-to/?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

I can understand her not wishing to attend, I hope his children made their own choice about it though.

• Like 1

Fuck her. What a cunt. He's dead, he was a junkie. Funerals are for the living, but this is classic cunt behavior. Kids are kids, can't be held responsible really. Junkies have an addiction that effects their behavior. Should be taken into consideration.

It shows insensitivity when you pull this kind of shit. She seems cold.

Edited by Rovim

VR was an ok band its just hard to live up to expectations when your form a super group like that

i think Contraband sounds a bit dated these days. it sounds like an early 2000 album.

I spun Contraband for the first time in years after Scott's death and totally agree. It shocked me just how OLD it sounded, despite only having 11 years on it. Definitely didn't stand the test of time.

I can understand her not wishing to attend, I hope his children made their own choice about it though.

All indications from what I've read, his kids really didn't even know him. And he apparently made little to no effort to be a part of their lives. Although the kids probably had little say in the matter, considering they're no where near even being 18, I doubt they really wanted to be there.

Fuck her. What a cunt. He's dead, he was a junkie. Funerals are for the living, but this is classic cunt behavior. Kids are kids, can't be held responsible really. Junkies have an addiction that effects their behavior. Should be taken into consideration.

Using the word 'cunt' as loosely as you do... hell... using it at all... speaks volumes about your intelligence level.

Your arguments are absurd as well. From all reports around the web, Scott was a TERRIBLE father. And you're trying to blame it on him being an addict? Well, no shit, Sherlock. A lot of addicts usually lose everything and everyone that loves them and THAT'S THEIR CHOICE. They choose drugs over their own families. They're really choosing death over their own families.

You can have all the sympathy you want for addicts who can't get their shit together, but I only have sympathy for the ones who are at least making an effort to do what's right for themselves and their families.

Sounds like Scott didn't give a shit about either himself or his family. As a father myself, there is nothing more important than my kids and my desire to be their hero in life. Being there for them every minute of every day. And when I had my first, I got my vices in check real quick (alcohol and smoking... I've quit smoking all together and dramatically cut back on my alcohol intake).

I mean, hell, Slash and Duff walked away from him for God's sake. They tried to help him and failed. Only Scott could have helped himself. And he chose drugs and alcohol over his own kids.

He was an amazing artist, no question. But he was really a piece of shit when it came to how he treated people who cared about him, from what I've gathered. And I applaud his ex for sheltering their kids from him.

To attack his ex for not attending his funeral is really an unprovoked and uneducated thing to say. You don't know what she went through and by her accounts and others, any reasonable person would understand why she didn't want to attend his funeral. Like you said, he's dead. What is attending a funeral going to prove, anyway? You don't have to go to church to connect with God. You don't have to go to a funeral either to make peace with a loved one who's passed. And it's none of our business whether Mary wants to find some sort of peace with Scott or not. She's certainly not a 'cunt' because of her choice not to attend his funeral. Besides, he was an EX for a reason.

In short, Scotts addictions didn't make his ex wife a 'cunt'. It made him an ass hole.

Using the word 'cunt' as loosely as you do... hell... using it at all... speaks volumes about your intelligence level.

Your arguments are absurd as well. From all reports around the web, Scott was a TERRIBLE father. And you're trying to blame it on him being an addict? Well, no shit, Sherlock. A lot of addicts usually lose everything and everyone that loves them and THAT'S THEIR CHOICE. They choose drugs over their own families. They're really choosing death over their own families.

You can have all the sympathy you want for addicts who can't get their shit together, but I only have sympathy for the ones who are at least making an effort to do what's right for themselves and their families.

Sounds like Scott didn't give a shit about either himself or his family. As a father myself, there is nothing more important than my kids and my desire to be their hero in life. Being there for them every minute of every day. And when I had my first, I got my vices in check real quick (alcohol and smoking... I've quit smoking all together and dramatically cut back on my alcohol intake).

I mean, hell, Slash and Duff walked away from him for God's sake. They tried to help him and failed. Only Scott could have helped himself. And he chose drugs and alcohol over his own kids.

He was an amazing artist, no question. But he was really a piece of shit when it came to how he treated people who cared about him, from what I've gathered. And I applaud his ex for sheltering their kids from him.

To attack his ex for not attending his funeral is really an unprovoked and uneducated thing to say. You don't know what she went through and by her accounts and others, any reasonable person would understand why she didn't want to attend his funeral. Like you said, he's dead. What is attending a funeral going to prove, anyway? You don't have to go to church to connect with God. You don't have to go to a funeral either to make peace with a loved one who's passed. And it's none of our business whether Mary wants to find some sort of peace with Scott or not. She's certainly not a 'cunt' because of her choice not to attend his funeral. Besides, he was an EX for a reason.

In short, Scotts addictions didn't make his ex wife a 'cunt'. It made him an ass hole.

This was the father of her children. He was a junkie. She's a cold cunt. You know those are real, right? it's just my opinion so... refrain from anger, turn from wrath, and see Mary's just a heartless cunt.

Edited by Rovim

Wow. How do you know that his kids didn't "know him" or that he was a "terrible father?" You're drawing conclusions based on one woman's open letter - a very bitter and angry woman too. I've seen pics of his teenage kids playing around onstage with Scott - and they all had big smiles on their faces. Even Chris Kushner, wife of VR guitarist Dave Kushner, hinted that Mary's words were not accurate when she spoke at the funeral. "A very said day when u bury a friend. He was a good man. Don't believe everything u read. Remember, we were all there," she said.

Remember - there are two sides to every story - and usually the truth is somewhere in the middle.

.. Personally, I thought Mary's angry letter was out of line so soon after Scott's passing. Yes, her life with Scott likely wasn't easy and she may have the right to feel angry and bitter - but I don't think it was necessary or appropriate to post all that negative stuff when Scott's body wasn't even cold yet. And the fact that she didn't take his own kids to his funeral, speaks volumes. What kind of a mother does that? Usually a mother wants her kids to remember their father in a positive light - remembering the good times - not focusing solely on the tough times. I feel sorry for the kids, who may forever regret never having had the chance to say their final good-byes to their dad because their mother wouldn't take them to the funeral.

And btw: one day with your kids to go to their father's funeral, and then you continue your life is not too much of a hassle is it? to give that one day. In my opinion, there's no excuse.

I don't know her, I don't know shit about it, but I know what you don't ever do. You don't pull shit like the letter and a no show at the funeral. That's fucked, no matter how you look at it.

And junkies have a disease. That's real. A lot is out of their control. It's not like he was beating the shit out of her or the kids. He continued to be a junkie, and he died because of it. Talking shit about him so soon is fucked as well.

Edited by Rovim

I never knew this place had so many Weiland fans, suprised.

Weirdest thing ever, isn't it? Couldn't even take the piss, the thread was so heavily policed? Classic example of eulogising the dead.

He was a fairly disliked character around here since the bald headed botox faced wig wearing fuck outbursts, i thought it was inspired myself :lol:

I spun Contraband for the first time in years after Scott's death and totally agree. It shocked me just how OLD it sounded, despite only having 11 years on it. Definitely didn't stand the test of time.

I do like 'Fall to Pieces' a lot, though it sounds like Boston's 'Feel Like Making Love' when it starts out. 'Slither' is good. But there are quite a few tracks I really like on Libertad, including 'Mary Mary' and their rendition of The ELO song, 'Can't Get it Out of My Head' though it was slated in Classic Rock.

Edited by BetterDay7