Who misses '10 Axl Rose?

The show in Calgary 2010 was the best I've ever seen.

He was actually pretty good at the last two 2014 shows, but 2010 was still the "real" Axl, who was pissed off and screaming his way through the whole show, reminiscent of the 90's in his voice and attitude. Whatever happened between Abu Dhabi and Rio 2011 must've been pretty dramatic... I still think he wanted a record out after the 2010 tour and when that didn't happen he just went 'fuck it'.

I had stopped following Axl by this point but have been surprised of how good he sounded around that time.. This and the Nice Boys video... If there is a reunion I hope some how he can sound like this again. If it is just Slash and Duff and Axl of the last few years then the whole thing will be kind of a joke. If it was the full Appetite line up then I think it would be easier to look past Axl's flaws.

I`m just glad that he is still at it and didn`t pursue his dream of working at a video store. Every few years that go by i realize i was too critical of how he was on tour. I was shocked at how little he promoted the album to come out a year later under full preparation but he`s never really so bad. The HD broadcast of rio is forgiving as i could see how fucked the stage is so i don`t count it as being a fail on Axl`s part. He keeps the show together now so it`s all in good favor to simply rest his voice between extensive touring.

Axl voice is all about 'the rasp', its what he's famous for, and he used it extensively in 2010 so I'd be shocked if anyone didn't miss it. Mickey Mouse (whenever its in tune) is just about sufferable on CD songs but when he lends it into Appetite/Illusion songs, it makes me feel physically ill

• Like 2

Of course I miss it. Hopefully we'll see that kind of Axl again at some point. Axl's voice was pretty horrendous in 2001/2002, but then he came back in 2006 and 2009 with a great voice. Surely that could happen again. Especially since his voice in the last shows of 2014 weren't nearly as bad as his voice was in the early 00's

this topic always bums me out. i wonder what '96 axl would've sounded like. if the band pushed through or he didn't go off doing whatever he wanted to, he could've still sounded great. the years off probably did more harm than good.

• Like 1

I think many of you are being rather moronic about this.

For most of 91 he couldn't sing to save his life. In 2006 he was awesome, in 2010 he was even better.

Then he got out of shape, sure, but don't forget how good (compared to 2011/12) the last few Vegas shows were, so he's still got it.

Hopefully (but not likely) he's using this off time to get in shape, and if he does, I think he can still sing like he did 10 years ago.

• Like 2

Realistically '10 vocals will never return, but to be honest I'm pretty happy with what Axl could pull off (when he wanted to) in the last Vegas residency in '14.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnt7D-LKr8

Honestly that's still not very good. He's going to have to be at 2006 or 2010 level for a reunion to be any fun in my opinion.

• Like 1