What Is Your Job?

Mfegz

I'm very much against the minimum wage, because it says "I'd pay you less if I could".

Yeah but without it it would be a case of 'I'm gonna pay you next to fuck all and you can't do nothing about it'.

Len, what is your job? apart from cleaning the floor in your parents Kashmiri restaurant.

Doing your Mum up the arse.

Give me some free Gushtaba.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Isnt that a Kashmiri dish?

I dunno, i dunno what the fuck it is

What kind of food you get in your parents Kashmiri Restaurant?

ISIS send over bits of whiteboy which we then make curries out of

But seriously apart from sitting at home, getting beaten up by your dad and shit posting here, what do you actually do?

:lol:

I've hurt your feelings somewhere, haven't i? :lol: This is all a bit random isn't it sweetheart? :lol:

I was thinking the same. You bummed his sister or something? :lol:

I've hurt your feelings somewhere, haven't i? :lol: This is all a bit random isn't it sweetheart? :lol:

No, I told you before that you seriously remind me of my friend Paras. But Im seriously interested to know what do you actually do, how far are you from London, I am planning to go there next year, so I do need a place to stay for 4 to 5 days.

I used to get 3.25 for washing dishes in this mexican bar. I was always annoyed it wasn't 3.50. Their rationale was that they gave you a burger before the shift. But basically it was fun just listening to rock music for 10 hours a day isn't really work. I think you even got a free beer at 1am. The only real problem I had was my room where I slept had this bees nest in it and every morning there would be all these bees flying around and dead bees on the floor. So I'd just leave and head back to the bar for a burger.

You're in love, aren't you? :lol: Thats what this is!

Charlie is infected, you're John Lydon.

I just finally got a job (the same crappy one I mentioned before, but a slight upgrade in status) that offers me benefits. That's nice and all, but the timing is horrid, as I signed up for the benefits as soon as I could --yesterday -- and today, the fucking deadline date for Open Enrollment through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace is when I have to call and sit on hold for hours with my current health insurance company to cancel my policy and to make sure it is not renewed for 2016. Forced to do this the worst freaking day.

• Like 1

Why is making money hard? I mean good money.

Didn't you quit a job where you were making $50 grand a year?

A job doesn't become easy just because it is high-paying.

Well thats to be taken for granted isn't it, it's work, money doesn't fall out of the sky onto people laps, it requires a bit of going out of your way but sitting at a computer tapping with your fingers is hardly hod-carrying.

I'm an Estate Agent. Wasted is just winning, full stop.

Really? that's sweet man good dough?

It is yeah. It's my old mans firm so a bit of nepotism there but hey ho, I'm not one to look a pound note in the mouth. I'm more on the lettings side of things which is a bit crapper than sales, sales is easy cuz basically, you show a house, they like it, you pass details over to each others solicitors and after that them and the surveyors do the work, or thats the theory anyway. Lettings is a bit more complicated cuz you manage properties so you have to deal with like, Landlords and tenants and...thats a bit of a messier business. And being a small firm we can't really get away with doing that fob off stuff that bigger management companies do, and to be fair nor would i want to, as pussified as this sounds I can't sleep nights knowing that I've left someone without lights in their fuckin' house or something.

The trouble arises with landlords who don't wanna spend money basically, or when they do they wanna get work done themselves with some bodge merchant. It can be a bit trying sometimes cuz like...you can't really move without a landlords say so, although i have done on occasion.

I'd rather do sales, less work and more money...but on the flipside a lot more culpability and some quite narky fuckin' solicitors you have to deal with. People tend to be quite aggressive when they buy houses, i suppose it's the biggest investment your average person makes so they kind of come on quite strong and I'm not used to people being aggressive without responding in kind. It's good though, I need a bit of that, you can't go through life with 'yeah?!?! well step outside then innit?!?!' mentality :lol:

I always had this idea in my head that when you are dealing with the upper echelons of society, solicitors, council high ups etc there was like...protocol and politeness and more gentlemanly behaviour...their fuckin' isn't y'know, they're worse kick off merchants than on the street, they just do it in a snidey backhanded kinda way.

Edited by Len B'stard