Why Do the Other Members of Skid Row Hate Sebastian Bach?

Hell House

I like Sebastian Bach's music, but he does seem like the kind of person you'd want to smack in the face if you spent prolonged amounts of time with him.

But hate?

And not wanting him to be in your band is just shooting yourself in the foot.

It's like making a peanut butter sandwich and saying no peanut butter.

I like Sebastian Bach's music, but he does seem like the kind of person you'd want to smack in the face if you spent prolonged amounts of time with him.

But hate?

And not wanting him to be in your band is just shooting yourself in the foot.

It's like making a peanut butter sandwich and saying no peanut butter.

Well yeah, Skid Row just play dive bars and cruise ships these days, whereas a reunion tour could at least make them sell out small theatres. But if they don't get along, maybe the guys in SR would rather play the dive bars than the alternative.

Edited by Towelie

Clearly they hate him enough that they'd rather play dive bars than doing a fucking reunion tour already. Seriously, I don't know why they hate him so much, but the fact that their post-Bach singer left and they STILL went and found another one instead of just hiring back Bach shows they must not be able to stand him. They would literally rather play your local bar than at least be guaranteed some press by hiring back Bach. Thats commitment right there.

• Like 2

He's a dick drunk vs. a fun drunk? Bolan and Snake wrote the great music, but Bach got all the attention? It'd be interesting to know the whole truth.

Exactly. Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life & I Remember You made Skid Row and Bach wrote none of them. Yet he is considered Skid Row. I think that's where the hatred stems from.

You might be onto something with this theory.

Maybe they are all rich enough, so it can just come down to don't need the hassle or whatever it is.

Doubtful, pretty sure they were one of those bands that signed away their publishing rights when they got signed.
so they can probably make more money without him playing 8th on the bill.

I read an interview with Sebastian talking about how the last cd Skid Row did, the band mailed him a cassette and he was supposed to write the words to the songs. He wanted to all be in a room and write the new cd together.

I think it's Snake that hates Bach the most.

either way, when I see an old Skid Row video with Bach singer, I see what a huge mistake it was to fire him. The guy has an amazing voice and stage presence so Skid Row are the losers. I did see SK years ago with the new singer and it just wasn't the same at all. Not sure about this new guy, but let's face it, SR's hey day is over.

• 3 weeks later...

They've lost another singer.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-splits-with-singer-tony-harnell/#cXS6f2eA0Y5dKkWB.99

"I'm sorry to inform everyone that I'm no longer the lead singer for SKID ROW. I thank the fans for their love and support!"

I wonder if a long time friend of Sebastian Bach who is about to embark on the biggest tour of 2016 has just made them an offer they couldn't refuse...