Independence Day: Resurgence

Black Sabbath

I used to love this movie when i was a little kid

This looks good on today's CGI standards and could be a nice flick

But almost half the trailer looks like an aborted Star Wars movie...

Anyway, i will watch it, when it's avaiable on Full HD form on torrent sites, then i will probably delete it immediately, lol

No Will Smith?

Nope, they can't afford him

Lel

He is a terrible actor btw and he was even terrible on the original film so i don't miss him

Edited by Strange Broue

The original film is dreadful and I'm quite sure this will exceed expectations and be even more rancid.

It's weird, they almost invent cult status for certain films. How is this sequel worthy on any level?

It took a ridiculous amount at the box office and did pretty well in DVD sales as well.

The original film is dreadful and I'm quite sure this will exceed expectations and be even more rancid.

It's weird, they almost invent cult status for certain films. How is this sequel worthy on any level?

It took a ridiculous amount at the box office and did pretty well in DVD sales as well.

Yeah, it was sort of THE disaster movie of it's time...but thats kinda my point, it was sort of a cinematic fad at the time, I suppose from a strictly investment point of view you're correct but Jesus can anyone remember anything about Independence Day? Were the characters stand-out in anyway, was it, in terms of the movie itself, at all memorable? I mean the effects and shit were, i vaguely remember Bill Paxman or someone as, was it the president, I'm not sure? And Will Smith as the token wise cracking black fella...as a movie, in and of itself, i don't see much to it of significant substance to tag a sequel onto is what I mean. It's like Twister or...whats that one with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck? Y'know, those movies, they were more about the special effects than anything else.

The original - that and Armageddon - virtually epitomises all of the aspects I hate in bad film-making: charmless, gormless, Hollywood excrement.

And the beginning of this insipid focus on special effects and this cartooney wow factor whilst eschewing plot, characterisation and decent acting performances.

Yeah, it was sort of THE disaster movie of it's time...but thats kinda my point, it was sort of a cinematic fad at the time, I suppose from a strictly investment point of view you're correct but Jesus can anyone remember anything about Independence Day? Were the characters stand-out in anyway, was it, in terms of the movie itself, at all memorable? I mean the effects and shit were, i vaguely remember Bill Paxman or someone as, was it the president, I'm not sure? And Will Smith as the token wise cracking black fella...as a movie, in and of itself, i don't see much to it of significant substance to tag a sequel onto is what I mean. It's like Twister or...whats that one with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck? Y'know, those movies, they were more about the special effects than anything else.
I get what you mean (and I don't disagree), but movies like this are an investment.

It's not sequel worthy from an artistic or cultural point of view, but it sure is from a financial one.

I get what you mean (and I don't disagree), but movies like this are an investment.

It's not sequel worthy from an artistic or cultural point of view, but it sure is from a financial one.

I could agree with that, yeah, you're right. End of the day it's all about financial return, it's the movie business after all, it's about staying out of the red. I do feel such things are a detriment to the medium on the whole though but i guess it's the nature of the beast too.

I'm surprised they have taken this long to milk it, however, I suppose they were preoccupied with destroying the franchises from the 1980s, your Alien and Terminator franchises, as well as creating endless superhero films. Once that well had run dry, It was only a matter of time before they would get around to returning to the dopier Hollywood films of the 1990s.

Edited by DieselDaisy

First one was cheesy as fuck but it worked for its time, I giess. This one won't work, tho. Even tho it seems to have some good ideas, the campiness feels pretty dated now

The first one was amazing, this one of the other hand seems empty without Will Smith. So many Alien movies have come over the years so this one won't stand out.

It won't be the same without Will Smith.

I prefer not to have him than having him AND Jayden ruining it. I love ID, Goldblum and Bill Pulman. The speech during the trailer was very cool, it sure is an interesting universe to come back to. All this "Hollywood has run out of ideas" bullshit bores me to death, it's been like this since the beginning, I guess people like to look cool complaining about it now. Jurassic World was crap, Terminator Genisys is probably a joke (haven't watched it yet) but ID2 with Roland and lots of characters returning? Shit, I'm in.

• 3 months later...