X-Men Apocalypse

AtariLegend

Looked for a thread, only found a dozen scattered "Days of Future Past" threads instead.

This is the trailer from a few days ago.

The big villain final boss of the franchise finally shows up (yet still being a semi-reboot).

I'm curious at what point someone decided Mystique had to become a centerpiece of these films? The character isn't compelling and would be an after thought if it wasn't for the fact that Jenifer Lawrence I'm guessing decided she needed more screen time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done with the franchise and Singer; I don't watch movies of a director with outspoken ties to a gang of Hollywood pedophiles.

But he's a good director imo. If we try to be objective, only the X Men movies he directed were actually good. The first one, the second, First Class, and Days Of Future Past.

He's the right director for X Men imo. Always was.

Sansa Stark?

God, please no

What a terrible actress

God, please, no, please, God No!

Besides her, the final boss looks like the Night's King

I will probably watch this once, then delete it from the HDD, lol

Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm done with the franchise and Singer; I don't watch movies of a director with outspoken ties to a gang of Hollywood pedophiles.

What the actual fuck?

Edited by Strange Broue

What the actual fuck?

Singer has participated in sex parties with underage boys supplied by sex offender Collins-Rector. I'm still waiting to see the documentary "An Open Secret" if it ever gets released, but this should prove to be interesting reading:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-case-699828

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/found-the-elusive-man-at-the-heart-of-the-hollywood-sex-abus#.mlLBpYloY

But he's a good director imo. If we try to be objective, only the X Men movies he directed were actually good. The first one, the second, First Class, and Days Of Future Past.

He's the right director for X Men imo. Always was.

He didn't do First Class, Matthew Vaughn did, and that one was arguably the best of the franchise imo

He didn't do First Class, Matthew Vaughn did, and that one was arguably the best of the franchise imo

You're right. First Class was great. But honestly, I preferred Singer's vision. X2, the first one, and Days Of Future Past were also great.

If this is Singer's last X Men movie, Matthew Vaughn is a very close second choice.

Edited by Rovim

• 2 months later...

I expect NOTHING from this film. The X-Men franchise has went too far. They made the three first films, then made the dreadful, horrible Wolverine spinoffs, decided to tell the story of how it came together with first class and then just... erased everything else with Days of Future Past. That was just plain stupid. And here's a few things that really bother me:

- Beast is supposed to be always a blue monster. That's the bad part of his power.

- Mystique has become freakin' Katniss Everdeen. She was never supposed to be that relevant. AND MOSTLY, she was supposed to stay blue. The curse of Mystique is that she can be everyone but she suffers from identify crisis, and who is she copying as Jennifer Lawrence? Did she decided "ok now... this is gonna be my official human look. I'm gonna look like this chick here." 'cause she can't just make a look that doesn't exist.

- Can't stand any more Magneto or Wolverine. It's been too much already.

- Apocalypse was completely reinvented. He's supposed to be a huge, bulky guy. He looks like Ivan Ooze now. Not a fan.

• 1 month later...

Meh.

Seen it not long ago. Feels like Age of Ultron, which I'm sure some will like... (for the fan service and that it's a X Men film) but it's really just a bunch things blowing up with little to no consequence. 

Apocalypse, blows up everything and gets a few cool kills early on... but

Spoiler

he literally does nothing in the end. No one even seems to care about all the members of the public and buildings blown up. 

You could replace him with any other villain. Their's not much of a plot either, but I'm sure people won't really notice.

Sophie Turner wasn't bad, but it was a bad script and something they just threw together. I feel bad for Fassbender who's acting... despite not much to go on. Their's a dramatic scene early on, but it's too forced and obvious.

It feels like the previous films again, only with Katniss as the main hero from the start. Don't know what I expected, honestly. I was looking forward to seeing Apocalypse on the big screen though, but where do they go from here? No point in sequels story wise, they've done the biggest villain and others would only really work in a TV show. 

Edited by AtariLegend