Star Trek Beyond

Georgy Zhukov

Basically Guardians of Galaxy. Not Star Trek.

Really wish they could make a proper new TV show, set after Deep Space 9/Voyager.

It all went down the drain after Enterprise started airing. Nemesis was rubbish, but at least it was Star Trek.

New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Really wish they could make a proper new TV show, set after Deep Space 9/Voyager.

It all went down the drain after Enterprise started airing. Nemesis was rubbish, but at least it was Star Trek.

Look at who's involved though.

I have no interest in seeing a Star Trek show based upon JJ's universe or along the same kind of tone assuming it is.

Look at who's involved though.

I have no interest in seeing a Star Trek show based upon JJ's universe or along the same kind of tone assuming it is.

J.J. is not involved and Kurtzman is listed as the executive producer so I doubt he will be writing the episodes like he did the last 2 Star Trek movies.

From what I read an Executive Producer usually handles the business side of things while the Producer handles the actual show content so he may not have that much influence on content.

Besides already has two very successful TV shows so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he comes up with before I make a judgement.

Edited by classicrawker

I have not commented because my thoughts are self evident.

Unless they, running the risk of sounding like the guy who runs a comic book shop in the simpsons, 'set the series in the main time frame'!

As for the film, I refuse to see it. I've not actually seen the second one after the abomination that was the first film.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Well it is just my opinion but I found it absolutely horrid. Terrible. I had it on dvd and stuck it in the charity collection bin next to my local boozer. It is a travesty of a film, an appalling and highly offensive piss take on everything that makes Trek great: the Utopian vision, the purity of science-fiction and concentration in characterization and story development. The reboot takes this and has a colossal shit on it, turning Trek into Beverly Hills 90210 crossed with Star Wars. Roddenberry? fuck him. Sorry to be so blunt but, to like the reboots is to hate Star Trek.

• Like 2

Well it is just my opinion but I found it absolutely horrid. Terrible. I had it on dvd and stuck it in the charity collection bin next to my local boozer. It is a travesty of a film, an appalling and highly offensive piss take on everything that makes Trek great: the Utopian vision, the purity of science-fiction and concentration in characterization and story development. The reboot takes this and has a colossal shit on it, turning Trek into Beverly Hills 90210 crossed with Star Wars. Roddenberry? fuck him. Sorry to be so blunt but, to like the reboots is to hate Star Trek.

Well, I disagree wholeheartedly, do you think the studio should still make crap like "Nemesis"? A movie that made 30 million but cost 30 million to make?

Using JJ to bring new blood into the Legacy is the best thing they could have done. That is why He got chosen to do Star Wars. Making movies Bigger,

Better and more Bad-Ass is what fans want and that's what they got.

• Like 1

I could not give two shits on how successful a film is (same with music). I can only judge a film as it is presented to me personally, who will only add one more person to the statistic (assuming I decide not to see it multiple times). My viewing experience is personal to myself. Whether a film made 500 billion or five pence is absolutely irrelevant to me. Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime.

Nemesis was a poor outing but at least it was poor within the continuum and can be thus dismissed as a disappointing outing of the tv show. It was poor. I am certainly not going to sit here and defend films like Genesis and Insurrection.

• Like 1

after the abomination that was the first film.

Yeah, great reviews, super high profits and an exciting re-envisioning of the original crew are more than enough reason to dislike the first one?

You've got it right.

Fanboy revisionist bullshit would have you believe Abrams' Star Treks ruined the series. Fact is, they were two of the highest-grossing and best-reviewed films of the entire franchise, and both audiences and critics alike enjoyed them.

• Like 2

Nobody is denying the fact that the franchise was on its last legs before Abrams - in truth, it had been on the wane since Voyager. But that does not justify a reboot truly as bad as the one we got. Or to put it another way, the poor quality of Nemesis does not inherently justify the abomination that is Star Trek (2009).

• Like 1

Ha! Star Trek 2009 was great and all I'm seeing is someone trying to pretend it's one of the most awful films ever. Horrid? Abomination? Travesty? Appaling? Offensive piss take?

:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to pretend. That is my genuine opinion and an opinion I am certainly entitled to hold.

Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness are two entertaining action movies, what they have to do with Star Trek and sci-fi I'm still unsure about, but they were entertaining. I still find the whole reboot thing weird because those actors had no TV show and nothing to me can replace that bond between the characters that was strongest on TNG and TOS.

Star Trek wasn't happening anymore in the early 00s. For me, the first death blow was "Enterprise", which decided to do the prequel thing (why?) and abandon the universe set up by TNG, voyager and DS9. I'm still glad I got to grow up with TNG, DS9 and Voyager on the tube as there were some excellent episodes. To have no Star Trek on television but a watered down slick looking action adventure version in the theatre every odd year feels like a missed opportunity. Which is why I laugh at the title "Beyond".

• Like 2