Most important rock record of 2015?

wasted

There were a lot of good releases this year, along with a lot of bands that hadn't put out music in a while like Blur, Funkadelic & Sleater-Kinney, weird collaborations like Miley and Flaming Lips. Foo Fighters did their miniseries tied into an album promotion.

More women than usual - Florence and the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Halestorm, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Adele, and more.

and a LOT of metal & hard rock - Motorhead, Maiden, 5FDP, Scorps, Sevendust, Disturbed, Black Star Riders, Puscifer, Enslaved, Stone Sour, etc.

I'm guessing Kendrick or Alabama Shakes will get Album of the Year.

There were a lot of good releases this year, along with a lot of bands that hadn't put out music in a while like Blur, Funkadelic & Sleater-Kinney, weird collaborations like Miley and Flaming Lips. Foo Fighters did their miniseries tied into an album promotion.

More women than usual - Florence and the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Halestorm, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Adele, and more.

and a LOT of metal & hard rock - Motorhead, Maiden, 5FDP, Scorps, Sevendust, Disturbed, Black Star Riders, Puscifer, Enslaved, Stone Sour, etc.

I'm guessing Kendrick or Alabama Shakes will get Album of the Year.

So these are all kind of bands that are already out. I havent heard Alsbama Shakes or Rival Sons so I'll check that. I'm surprised theres no new band or album. Edited by wasted

Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats' album is awesome.

Country is the new rock.

I hate that this is true.

Go listen to Jason Aldean and Brantley Gilbert and tell me that their stuff doesn't rock harder than most rock music does these days.

https://youtu.be/2AZLUohDCGo

https://youtu.be/ve8sNTqrzCw

First video isn't available in Canada, and Brantley Gilbert sounds like a more country version of Nickelback :tongue2:

Country is the new rock.

Country kinda always was rock? I mean Elvis kicked it off right? Country boy, most of his early work is basically Country, or at least country-fied. Or Jerry Lee. Or tons of aspects of The Stones or The Beatles, even The Who in spots.

Y'know the bit i love though? The gospel aspect. SOOOOOO much of popular music owes so much to gospel, without gospel you wouldn't have the blues, or rock n roll...and not just aspects of it, HUGE chunks of it, the core of it would not exist without gospel.

I love that fact, especially since there's this idea of a divide between Christianity and rock n roll and the reaction it gets from anti-Christian or anti-religion types. The very archetype of the rock n roll frontman, The Mick/Axl/Daltrey/James Brown thing is deeply deeply entrenched in gospel. I love that shit :lol:

• Like 2

Country is the new rock.

Country kinda always was rock? I mean Elvis kicked it off right? Country boy, most of his early work is basically Country, or at least country-fied. Or Jerry Lee. Or tons of aspects of The Stones or The Beatles, even The Who in spots.

Y'know the bit i love though? The gospel aspect. SOOOOOO much of popular music owes so much to gospel, without gospel you wouldn't have the blues, or rock n roll...and not just aspects of it, HUGE chunks of it, the core of it would not exist without gospel.

I love that fact, especially since there's this idea of a divide between Christianity and rock n roll and the reaction it gets from anti-Christian or anti-religion types. The very archetype of the rock n roll frontman, The Mick/Axl/Daltrey/James Brown thing is deeply deeply entrenched in gospel. I love that shit :lol:

Country was always one of many aspects of rock, but I don't tend to like artists who put a lot of emphasis on it (there's a few exceptions). And I've never been shy about not really liking the Stones or the Beatles, I acknowledge their importance and listened to their albums (still have a couple Stones records and like a handful of songs) but I was mostly into either the 'heavier' bands like Black Sabbath or more 'pop-ish' stuff like Queen, then onto GNR and grunge bands and so forth. It's the same reason I only like a handful of Izzy's solo songs. I agree about the gospel aspect though, and did always find the religious push back to rock n' roll funny :lol:

You want rock? These guys are the new Black Crowes:

That was pretty good, but I listened to 3 of their other songs and they were just standard, stereotypical country songs. Rock N Roll: Lite. :shrugs:

Country is the new rock.

Country was always one of many aspects of rock, but I don't tend to like artists who put a lot of emphasis on it (there's a few exceptions). And I've never been shy about not really liking the Stones or the Beatles, I acknowledge their importance and listened to their albums (still have a couple Stones records and like a handful of songs) but I was mostly into either the 'heavier' bands like Black Sabbath or more 'pop-ish' stuff like Queen, then onto GNR and grunge bands and so forth. It's the same reason I only like a handful of Izzy's solo songs. I agree about the gospel aspect though, and did always find the religious push back to rock n' roll funny :lol:

You want rock? These guys are the new Black Crowes:

https://youtu.be/AaTx4oPjVD8

That was pretty good, but I listened to 3 of their other songs and they were just standard, stereotypical country songs. Rock N Roll: Lite. :shrugs:

They're "technically" a country band. "Smoke" was already a #1 country hit, and "Drunk Dial" is about to be top 20 on the chart. There's still some solid rockers on the album like "Landslide", though.

I'm a big fan of this guy as well:

https://youtu.be/mpc3ffTLm_g

Edited by The Real McCoy