Lemmy Kilmister from Motörhead has died

gunsguy

White Line Fever had a lot of great stories, one of my favorite bios and the documentary will probably be back on TV. How cool to have seen The Beatles playing the clubs and how Lennon handled a heckler, being Jimi's roadie, the various bands he'd been in, the Hawkwind and Motorhead stories he had, and then becoming an icon himself, but all the bands he saw in the beginning, but also being a rite of passage for Sunset Strip musicians to go drinking with the man. He was living history of rock itself, and just about no one ever had a bad thing to say about him.

He had a lot of friends so the turnout to the memorial is going to be a pretty insane one.

This is nothing like you'd think Lemmy would cover but back when people knew him as Ian Willis, he did one album with Sam Gopal and a pretty cool cover.

And (I think) his last show with Hawkwind about a decade ago -

I don't think I can imagine someone in the whole industry that lived a fuller, more satisfying life for themselves than Lemmy. I mean... He did exactly what he wanted, he was a simple man but he took what he wanted and did things his way. He lived his dream all the way. Man, what a legend.

I thought if he reached 70 he will reach 80...

I can safely say that this dude was the first real heavy metal band's frontman

Rest in peace Lemmy, maybe you get back at the funny farm

But Motörhead isn't metal...

They were more metal than any other band at that time

But yeah, i see where you coming from

They were the bridge between metal, punk, and straight up rock n' roll

Anyway here's a 360 video from Lemmy's 70th birthday, i wondered why he doesn't show up....

Edited by Strange Broue

Mikkey Dee shared a lil more info on what happened. Lemmy got diagnosed and the doctors gave him two months, but it was a so aggressive form that it turned into just days. While hearing about his condition Lemmy said :I had a good run.

He played his favorite video game, took a pause and said "bye...fuck it" and died.

Here in France, they 're calling Motorhead heavy metal everywhere.

They were definitely metal but they were a band thats sound and influence overlapped other sub genres of rock from metal to regular traditional rocks to even punk.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-manager-lemmys-cancer-prognosis-gave-him-two-to-six-months-to-live/

MOTÖRHEAD's Manager: LEMMY's Cancer Prognosis Gave Him Two To Six Months To Live

The band's longtime manager Todd Singerman has revealed to Sky News that Lemmy went to hospital two days after his 70th- birthday party at the Whisky A Go Go club in Hollywood, California on December 13 because he wasn't feeling well. Although his doctors initially said he was fine, they decided to do a brain scan before releasing him because "his speech was seeming a little odd. We wanted to see if maybe [he'd had] a minor stroke." The scan uncovered tumors in Lemmy's brain and neck.

Singerman told Sky News on Monday: "Nobody had any idea, we just learned Saturday, two days ago, that he even had cancer, and the doctor told him he had between two to six months to live. He [died] today as I was making calls to [his MOTÖRHEAD bandmates] Phil [Campbell] and Mikkey [Dee], telling them to come on out so they could have a last goodbye while he was still upbeat and everything. He was feeling mighty low... He wasn't expected to die like that."

Singerman added: "He [Lemmy] gets home [from tour], we have a big birthday party for him at the Whisky A Go Go. His friends came down and played. Two days later, I could tell he wasn't feeling good, so we took him to the hospital, they release him, then after the brain scan they found the cancer in his brain and his neck... The doctor comes with the result a couple of days later and says... it's terminal."

The manager told Rolling Stone that Lemmy reacted calmly. "He took it better than all of us," he said. "His only comment was, 'Oh, only two months, huh?' The doctor goes, 'Yeah, Lem, I don't want to bullshit you. It's bad, and there's nothing anyone can do. I would be lying to you if I told you there was a chance.'"

Singerman initially wanted to keep the diagnosis private and announce only that Lemmy was gravely ill and needed to be left alone. "He was like, 'No, no. You go ahead and put out a press release," the manager told RollingStone.com. "I want people to know it was cancer. It's a bad thing and they should know it.' That's how he felt."

Despite Lemmy's well-documented health issues over the last two years, Singerman said the cancer diagnosis "caught everyone by surprise. [Cancer] was the last thing we thought he would ever have. When you think about it, he has been to every doctor and hospital around the world and nobody caught that... That comes as a massive shock."

Singerman said Lemmy's lifestyle was unlike that of any other rocker. He said: "I've been with him almost 25 years, and it was a half gallon of Jack Daniels a day, two-three packs of cigarettes and his other little favorites and that was a daily thing.

"Recently he switched over — and I still can't grasp it but he thought it was healthier — he switched over to vodka and orange."

He added: "I still always remember a great quote: Lemmy from MOTÖRHEAD makes Keith Richards from THE [ROLLING] STONES look like a Golden Girl.

"This guy lived it every day and there was never a break in between.

"He was the last true rock star left, if you ask me."

To think this dude was still playing shows just a few weeks ago with a goddamn brain tumor. He had no reason to still be touring the world and making music except out of the sheer love of it, and that fact alone proves it. I've never been anything close to a Motorhead fan, but I definitely loved the whole persona Lemmy had going on - he was truly the embodiment of a rockstar. I'd say rest in peace, but that'd probably be boring for a guy like him.

• Like 2

Seeing that last concert with Overkill being played, you'd think Lemmy was still in his prime; it's really sad hearing the story about his cancer diagnosis, and Lemmy sounding like he simply accepted death when hearing the news

I didn't know Lemmy was such a gamer either, was surprised to read about him having a gaming area set up for him

• Like 1

To think this dude was still playing shows just a few weeks ago with a goddamn brain tumor. He had no reason to still be touring the world and making music except out of the sheer love of it, and that fact alone proves it. I've never been anything close to a Motorhead fan, but I definitely loved the whole persona Lemmy had going on - he was truly the embodiment of a rockstar. I'd say rest in peace, but that'd probably be boring for a guy like him.

musicians like lemmy and dio were always going to go out on their shields, its what they loved to do and they were going to do what they loved right to the end.

873_1200460913300803_3779730414412528418

• Like 1