So this "reunion" is just a money grab?

Axl ran out of motivation since rock in rio and if he didn't record with Ashba and Bumblefoot in those years he's never going to record with anyone else who came into new GNR... pretty piss poor wasting so many years playing the same songs and tinkering pointlessly and such a 180 turn all things considered but hey if I get new music from Axl whatever... seems like a transparent cash grab but wasn't every tour since chinese democracy got released? He was only gonna come out and play the same songs with random band members he seemingly couldn't be bothered including in an active sense so why not.

Axl's GNR 09-14 was the very definition of a cover band, Thal and Ashba couldn't write a decent "GNR" tune between them and obviously Axl was well aware of this- but he had to scrape the barrel to get touring members.

You could argue that the whole New GNR thing from the moment Slash left was a joke but there's just no question about 09-14.

They weren't "working towards" anything, they were doing cash grab greatest hits tours comprised overwhelmingly of material that none of them had the slightest bit to do with.

Get a grip.

Yes, but to be fair to the 09-14 lineup, it was Axl who halted any progress the band could've made. Why hire Ron and DJ if he had no intention of using them outside of touring? Was it his long-term plan all along just to assemble some capable guitarists (and DJ) and get them to tour the world for 5 years playing a few CD songs along with the GNR staples and then call it a day? Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me. God knows what Axl was thinking, but crazy is as crazy does.

As much as I disliked DJ I think the guy did believe he would see his name on a GNR record for a number of years, I'd be interested to know whether DJ left because he saw the writing on the wall or whether DJ leaving caused the whole operation to do a 180.

They all did! Buckethead, Finck, DJ, Bumblefoot, Brain - all these people who left entered that band believing they would be releasing copious amounts of exciting new material only to realise that W. Axl Rose was/is physically incapable of releasing new music, and that his management team are intent on ''oldies revival'' touring. I do not blame any of these musicians for the lack of artistic opportunities, the inability to stamp their identity on 'Guns N' Roses' which surely only could have come about through a decent run of albums.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

This forum is like my mother, nothing makes you happy.

"We want a reunion tour! This sucks!"

"The reunion tour is just a cash grab This sucks!"

They could put the original lineup complete with Izzy and Adler and people would bitch that it's an all new road crew.

• Like 1

They could put the original lineup complete with Izzy and Adler and people would bitch that it's an all new road crew.

Except about 90% of the posters on here have been extremely happy and excited about it.

A few people have hoped it would be the classic line up an not just two old members. Surely you can understand why people would want a full reunion and not a hybrid one?

• Like 1

Except about 90% of the posters on here have been extremely happy and excited about it.

A few people have hoped it would be the classic line up an not just two old members. Surely you can understand why people would want a full reunion and not a hybrid one?

Surely you might notice how, if the reunioj is now a whole-piece, it's Izzy and Steven's own fault, right?

Yes, I think the large majority of the fanbase is happy about what will probably happen. A few have different concerns, but most seems to think this is a gret turn of events.

I think GNR fans have every right to bitch about the lack of new music this so-called band has put out.

Lol right reasons. "Gnr" has been touring for all the wrong reasons for a while now. And it's always about the money. ALWAYS. Don't kid yourself.

Is that why Axl didnt want a reunion in the last 22 years or released only one album in all that time?

Nope, it's cause he's dysfunctional and wanted complete control over the band, paying all other member salaries and being the sole beneficiary from the profits of the concerts. He realy did maximize profits as long as he didnt have to reunite with slash, didn't he?

Let's not kid ourselves though, everyone here wants tickets to this tour.

No. Only if they do it for the right reasons.

Thats what some original members said. Right reasons. Lets hope they dont do it for the buck. They have enough. Should have.

How will you quantify the sincerity of the reunion?

oh god....we are waiting for propably the best Guns news in decades and people are whining about the wrong reasons / motivations for this tour and that it is no real reunion because presumably Izzy does not want to take part..... This is madness...the same people complained year after year that they don`t care about the new Guns and Ashba and whoever else.

Of course bands go on tour to make money, what the hell? That does not stop me from enjoying the music, having a few beers and be super excited about Axl, Slash and Duff. Am I happy with the prices? no, but I am sure every real fan can save some money to enjoy at least one show.

oh god....we are waiting for propably the best Guns news in decades and people are whining about the wrong reasons / motivations for this tour and that it is no real reunion because presumably Izzy does not want to take part..... This is madness...the same people complained year after year that they don`t care about the new Guns and Ashba and whoever else.

Of course bands go on tour to make money, what the hell? That does not stop me from enjoying the music, having a few beers and be super excited about Axl, Slash and Duff. Am I happy with the prices? no, but I am sure every real fan can save some money to enjoy at least one show.

Are they the same people? Who are they?

From what I can tell, those questioning the motivation, were not for a reunion or mostly enjoyed nuGNR.

I think it's a stretch to imply that people just flip opinions to complain. Different posters have different opinions.

• Like 1

Surely you might notice how, if the reunioj is now a whole-piece, it's Izzy and Steven's own fault, right?

No sir.

I haven't been privy to the negotiations between Axl and Adler/Izzy. All I've seen are forum members saying Izzy won't tour and that Adler can't go an hour without doing drugs.

Have you heard actual discussion as to why those two can't be involved? More than random internet posters speculating?

GnR release 2 new songs and does a mini tour with Duff, Slash, Fortus and a drummer.

Will Izzy release new material to piggy back the news? It has been 5 years since a "album" and 3 years since the two singles...

What about the material Duff and Izzy were doing in August? Duff material? Izzy stuff? Was that for GnR? Who can answer this with real answers?

Edited by pacu44

I think GNR fans have every right to bitch about the lack of new music this so-called band has put out.

We have the right to bitch about anything, that is true, it doesn't mean we HAVE to bitch about everything. It's a right not a requirement.

That's fair, I haven't read all 300 pages of this thread, I admit that, but I'd say it's closer to 70% bitch free, not 90%. But point taken, Many like me are happy it has finally happened.

We have the right to bitch about anything, that is true, it doesn't mean we HAVE to bitch about everything. It's a right not a requirement.

That's fair, I haven't read all 300 pages of this thread, I admit that, but I'd say it's closer to 70% bitch free, not 90%. But point taken, Many like me are happy it has finally happened.

I've only seen a couple people say they weren't happy. And about 50 who have expressed happiness.

There has been a lot of discussion about lineups - that us true. But that's mainly just people who think GnR was "more" than just Axl and Slash. They believe what made GnR special was all five guys and hope that a reunion would feature those guys and not musicians who weren't around during the Appetite and Illusions days.

Hopefully the band will announce something soon and out an end to all the speculation and fake insiders.

• Like 1

I've only seen a couple people say they weren't happy. And about 50 who have expressed happiness.

There has been a lot of discussion about lineups - that us true. But that's mainly just people who think GnR was "more" than just Axl and Slash. They believe what made GnR special was all five guys and hope that a reunion would feature those guys and not musicians who weren't around during the Appetite and Illusions days.

Hopefully the band will announce something soon and out an end to all the speculation and fake insiders.

well then I apologize, when I peeked in on the thread it was complaints about the money and then the lineup. The thread title is critical calling it a cash grab, and when I looked in on the enormous reunion thread I saw a lot of the same. I'm glad we are getting positive. Anyone who has followed my post history knows I've really been adamantly against the hate over the years, maybe I was over sensitive.

I went to see Star Wars yesterday, every time they teased Welcome to the Jungle I was yelling "They're back!" and I even wore a GnR shirt. It's a good time to be a fan.

GnR release 2 new songs and does a mini tour with Duff, Slash, Fortus and a drummer.

Will Izzy release new material to piggy back the news? It has been 5 years since a "album" and 3 years since the two singles...

What about the material Duff and Izzy were doing in August? Duff material? Izzy stuff? Was that for GnR? Who can answer this with real answers?

Duff already released songs in 2015 featuring Izzy. I am hoping they can at least convince Izzy to go in the studio as GN'R even if he doesn't want to tour.

well then I apologize, when I peeked in on the thread it was complaints about the money and then the lineup. The thread title is critical calling it a cash grab, and when I looked in on the enormous reunion thread I saw a lot of the same. I'm glad we are getting positive. Anyone who has followed my post history knows I've really been adamantly against the hate over the years, maybe I was over sensitive.

I went to see Star Wars yesterday, every time they teased Welcome to the Jungle I was yelling "They're back!" and I even wore a GnR shirt. It's a good time to be a fan.

No worries bro!!!

And it sucks, but there will always be complainers.

The original five could reunite, tour and give away all tickets for free, and release a double album that produced eight number one hits.....and some people would still find something to complain about!!!!!